Hopkins reasoning gone...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

daggerfirst wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm
ThatRoundThing wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 pm
yozdagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:05 am Question..... the reason we were given for Hopkins bailing was the whole "fake email" saga. Apparently Glyn didnt want to be "associated with fans who would stoop to creating a fake email" to get the MD sacked......

Fast forward and its been alledged that Simmo was in fact the source of the fake email... and he was quite happy to throw some fans "under the bus" letting them get banning orders for it. Then the club announce Simmo has resigned and the banning orders lifted - so I have to assume that Simmo finally owned up and the club realise the fans were not at fault...

But it now raises the question - as its now proven that the fans acted in good faith (after all they were given the email by a long standing member / board member so had no reason to doubt the emails authenticity).... and it seems an internal issue was the cause. Hopkins whole reasoning for pulling out has now gone.... has the board explained this to him?
Having read peoples views on the latest club statement offering I can’t help but wonder if there are a lot more revelations still to come. The supporter who was banned was interviewed by board directors and strenuously denied being the originator of the “fake email” but it fell on deaf ears. Meanwhile a Director of this football club sat back and did nothing and even at first denied any involvement with the email.

Is it at all possible that the “fake” email was actually genuine at source and sent to various Directors and staff within the club? It is possible that a couple of National League clubs could have been left of the recipient list in error which yes by the time it was presented to Hopkin was a smartphone photo of the email.
One director has now been proven to have lied to in an attempt to save his own arse.

A thread a couple of weeks back quoted in so many words “ Just because you are told something is true doesn’t necessarily mean it is true”

This whole saga is a total embarrassment to the club.
To dagger4eva, I think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet mate.
Wait a mo. Are you saying that if the email wasn't fake that Simmo lied. Surely to protectthe board. He is a scapegoat. Well and truly sharfted.
Other people should resign.
Just throwing some what ifs into the discussion. The thread where the two banned supporters finally revealed that Simmo was the source of their first sight of the email was denied as not possible by many on that thread and seemed to run a short course.
It has now eventually been revealed that Simmo, a director of our football club, denied any involvement with the email to his fellow directors. Which was subsequently proven that he had by members and board officials who decided that the accusation was worthy of further investigation.
I never wear rose coloured glasses and in the main sit on the fence. I just want to watch football and will do this coming season, wherever that may be.
I am just saying that it is not beyond the realms of possibility that other untruths could have been published over this whole sorry saga.
Mike the Dagger

daggerfirst wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:08 pm
daggerfirst wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm
Wait a mo. Are you saying that if the email wasn't fake that Simmo lied. Surely to protectthe board. He is a scapegoat. Well and truly sharfted.
Other people should resign.
:banghead:

It was based in an actual email. The distribution list had been faked to make it look like it had been sent to all clubs.
Which independent source has verified it is a fake or is it only the club and the clubs IT people saying it is.
Are we really still having this conversation??

The guy at Maidstone the fake is addressed to has confirmed it was never received, he only got the one that was specifically sent to Maidstone. Good enough?
ThatRoundThing

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:38 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:08 pm

:banghead:

It was based in an actual email. The distribution list had been faked to make it look like it had been sent to all clubs.
Which independent source has verified it is a fake or is it only the club and the clubs IT people saying it is.

The guy at Maidstone the fake is addressed to has confirmed it was never received, he only got the one that was specifically sent to Maidstone. Good enough?
Confirmed to you personally Mike ,from Maidstone Club, or given that answer to you verbally via a director.? It’s just my nature, I trust just a few people in life. So have you had it verbally confirmed by the board that a mischievous person within the club added the remainder of the “fake” recipients?
Voice of reason

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 pm I think the point of the first post was valid, the club were 100% sure it was a set of fans that made up the email and now release a statement with egg all over their faces. As for people going on about flags, they were their to make a point and after this statement have highlighted how the club is actually run as a dictatorship and wont listen to anybody but themselves. One of their own has screwed them over,what an absolute circus it really is.

Find it unbelievable that the current hierarchy have not offered their resignations.
They weren't "100% sure" that the fans had made the email up because it was obviously based on the actual email that was sent. It therefore seemed likely that it had actually come from inside the club. What the ban was about was, that having pointed out that the email was fake, and asked where they had got it from, the fans in question then went to ground.

It took the ban, and subsequently Simmo chucking them under the bus when he should have put his hand up, to actually get them to out him.

Once we get the club sorted, if we do, then we need to look at how we got here and potential resignations. If they went right now, who would do that?
A very good point Mike and probably what needs to happen
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:53 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Confirmed to you personally Mike ,from Maidstone Club, or given that answer to you verbally via a director.? It’s just my nature, I trust just a few people in life. So have you had it verbally confirmed by the board that a mischievous person within the club added the remainder of the “fake” recipients?
Jesus H Christ.... Thing is Thommo had every right to send the email to all clubs, actually Hopkin told him to, but it didn't seem worth sending it to clubs we weren't playing for months, so it got sent, separately, to our two next opponents.

Therefore, had it been sent to 21 clubs as claimed, and the b=club had said as much, no one really would have blinked an eye.

The SC were pissed off though because it painted our away support in a bad way apparently as it mentioned the issues at Eastleigh in passing, and the legend that "the board must hate us" was born. This was denied repeatedly, including oddly enough by Simmo on this forum, but the mistrust between some of our support and the board led us to all this. How stupid is that?

So, an email that was allegedly sent to all our future opponents... except Hartlepool and Orient mysteriously (oh and Hartlepool were next up after Maidstone BTW) and copied to our Safety Officer magically appeared, showing that Thommo had misled his colleagues, yet there is no internal record on our servers of it being sent, the Safety Officer never received it (unless of course Tony Paine is lying too) and the guy it was addressed to says he never received it.

And there are obviously still people that believe it is real.

I still don't understand the why of it at all, and apparently Simmo denies actually creating it, but someone did and it was done maliciously.
RayleighDagger1986

So Mike, do you have any idea who might have given it to Simmo? Or on the other hand a theory who might have done it and the motives?
SUSSEX DAGGER

The whole thing is a mess .

Lies and half truths have been spread by the board and they have used mouth Pieces on here and other forums to cloud the issue.

If Simmo did play a part then he did that for no other reason then he thought Supporters were getting a rum deal. Very disappointed that those he informed have outed him. They knew at the outset this could not happen , the only Person chucked under a bus is Him.

How sad that the only real Person on the board who had the interest of the Supporter at heart has been betrayed. Sorry there is no other way to put it.

All i know is that as Supporters we are a lot worse off without Simmo a Person who has worked tirelessly for our Club over many years.

So sad it had to end like this but i cant let this
go without saying Thanks for all you have done mate you will be missed
ARNU

:nothing:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

In what direction is this club heading in? To be honest I'm getting rather lost in all this script here, which seems a never ending saga, you know a few years back what attached me to this club was that being rather small and far from paved in glory every fan walking in to watch a daggers team had their heart in it, knew it wouldn't always be good viewing but so great to get to know everyone and share a drink in the bar and meet up once or twice a week from boring chores of work and try to put our team in good light not only for ourselves but try and be good ambassadors to our club. especially away. It now seems a fair percentage of our small base of supporters are at cannons with each other with a future looking so bleak on and off the field, not only without a manager but a good chance we could be fielding a C and junior side in the next couple of months. Can it get any worse? Somehow at what ever it takes can we ever become a proper little faithful club again and be so proud of?
Chigwellian

That can happen again dagdale ... once the board resigns!
RayleighDagger1986

I wasnt impressed with the board at last Thursday's 8pm meeting. They seem only interested in raising quick fire cash and not take any interest in what us fans were saying. Some really good ideas suggestions but cut diwn immediately.
One supporter highlighted an idea on advertising at Dagenham East station on things like next fixture etc.and Gwinn just dismissed the idea. He gave that couldnt be bothered answer!
The structure of our clubs need to change. Can the members club start raising money to buy out the current board? I mean what else will it spend the £100 membership on. If it manages to get another 400 as members then they can raise £50k on nearly 500 members.
Dagger83

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:47 pm One supporter highlighted an idea on advertising at Dagenham East station on things like next fixture etc.
A fair suggestion but isn't the immediate concern getting us through the summer and therefore match advertising probably isn't top of the agenda?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
RayleighDagger1986

Its to encourage fans. It was a general idea but one that was not taken seriously.
Dagger83

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:09 pm Its to encourage fans. It was a general idea but one that was not taken seriously.
It's one that has been mentioned many times over the years so I'd assume the club understand the (perhaps non) viability of doing it.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Adrian

There used to be something at the top of the stairs from the eastbound platform at Dagenham East.

Made no real difference then.