Applications invited for 1st team manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Surely we will be singing one of our ol ditty’s,GA-RE-HILL IS A DAGENHAM TEAM SELECTOR!!
Has gone on to gain tons of experience,and knows how to get a club fired up again,would love to come back(his words).
Had some great times under him and was manager in place when we easily the best team this club has ever had!
Definitely deserves another crack in my opinion and I know a large percentage of our support would agree.
So come on what’s left of the board,here’s ya chance to make good.Dont wait for him to ****** apply,
GO GET GARRY AND UNITE THE CLANS!!!
lupins

IanC wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:37 pm Surely we will be singing one of our ol ditty’s,GA-RE-HILL IS A DAGENHAM TEAM SELECTOR!!
Has gone on to gain tons of experience,and knows how to get a club fired up again,would love to come back(his words).
Had some great times under him and was manager in place when we easily the best team this club has ever had!
Definitely deserves another crack in my opinion and I know a large percentage of our support would agree.
So come on what’s left of the board,here’s ya chance to make good.Dont wait for him to ****** apply,
GO GET GARRY AND UNITE THE CLANS!!!
I agree 100% next season wont be much about tactics it will be about team spirit etc and that side of it
Alan

Anyone remember the team that Hill built, not the one he inherited from Ted. The Piper brothers, Leon Braithwaite, Meechan, Jimmy Jackson, Kirk Kackson et al. The team that lost 9-0 at home.
IanC

Have a day off
RayleighDagger1986

We need fresh blood, someone from the lower leagues whose CV is outstanding and is more attack minded, entertaining but also good tactically and has excellent man management skills.
I think there are good managers who want to step up and prove themselves. Take a look at the Cowley brothers as an example. I wanted them two years back when they at Braintree.
Lets see what the board decides.
IanC

Like the arse with arteta we ain’t got time to wet nurse or kick start someone’s managerial career.
We are a slow dying club run by muppets and we need a major injection to halt the decline,Garry hill no brainier.
lupins

We did have a major injection but unfortunately we were supported by muppets
RayleighDagger1986

IanC wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 am Like the arse with arteta we ain’t got time to wet nurse or kick start someone’s managerial career.
We are a slow dying club run by muppets and we need a major injection to halt the decline,Garry hill no brainier.
I'm not convinced on the idea of Hill returning. His track record recently doesn't look good. He ingerited a decent team and added to it. That wont happen this time round. And didnt he do a fantastic job at 'Woking'!!
I'll stick by what I said, a hungrier up n coming manager from the leagues below who might know some good players from the Isthmian/Southern levels. Thats were we are going to pick players up, if any tbh
dagger4eva

I also dont see much benefit in Hill returning.

A decent bloke and was nice seeing him in the upstairs bar a number of times throughout last season, but l too remember the team assembled THAT year.. meechan, pipers, braithwaite et al. - all in the 1 season he finally had some cash to splash.

The club is finished anyway, so its all fairly irrelevant.
IanC

To be fair to him Paul he/we had 2 years of total heartbreak missing out on promotion and he got a bit of cash and think He panicked.He was so desperate to get the club into the FL,it was such a shame he had a wobble.But I’m not gonna let a few months taint what was a magical period for us,great trips and great days.
Auntie Merge

Comments about Hill and Woking. He did a brilliant job keeping them up on not much money. I wouldnt be surprised if him or Mark Arber are favourite.

Then of course. there is still time for me to get my application in.
yozdagger

Merge for manager! We'd win every game 6 nil.... :lol:
Auntie Merge

yozdagger wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:54 am Merge for manager! We'd win every game 6 nil.... :lol:
:thumbu:

I was going to mention that in my application.
ARNU

Mark Arber manager ??

His qualifications being what exactly ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
rebeldagger

Do we know what's happening to Hyde? I assume that Currie will go to Barnet too, and to be fair for all he as done for this club I think that's the best possible outcome, that's to say to have a clean break from the old guard (as far as management is concerned) is the best outcome. Currie has done well for this club. Yet I can't but feel we need a clean fresh break.

I'd like to see Hyde continue in some fashion with the club, be that as heading up the academy, a number two or possibly even with the top job, yet it may all be too much too soon for him, he may rather gain further experience in the role.

On the flip side, some one new to the club, with ideally fresh ideas wouldn't be a bad thing either.

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-5532011