Fixtures out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

First game is Boreham Wood v Dagenham & Redbridge.

Home v Maidstone Tuesday 7th August.

Chistmas/New Year is Orient (home Boxing Day)

Barnet home is 29th December, between the O's games.

Hmmm!!
Auntie Merge

Barnet at home is at a good time. John Still's teams never play well over Christmas. :lol:

Those last three fixtures though, if the pessimists have their way, could be quite worrying.
Eastleigh, Braintree and Solihull sounds like a relegation run in.
Dagdale

Not to bad a start but can't quite make out why a third year running we are away midweek to Aldershot Town and seems our away dual with Dover Athletic is trying to catch up on that.
Mark

Wouldn't be surprised if the police wanted it midweek. I've been there a few times and there's been trouble more often than not.
DaggerJoel11

Difficult start with Boreham Wood, Aldershot, Barnet and Salford in the first few weeks but sometimes it's better to get those games out of the way quickly as they usually haven't properly gelled or gained a rhythm. Quite a decent trip to start with in terms of logistics so hopefully we can bring a few down there. Happy with our first two home games too as we can quite realistically get something out of them.

Also, our last few matches already looks like it could potentially be a relegation run-in so those could be crucial in determining the situation we'll be in roughly a year from today. Looking forward to the festive run-in which promises to be tasty.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Aldershot like Colchester is a garrison town and full of pissed up squaddies at the weekend. You'll see military police mixed in with normal plod if you visit the area. Pompey Southampton Plymouth have similar issues. Squaddies, sailors all instinctively like a punch up and where better than at the footy.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

I was aware of the 'military' side of the town and perhaps a clash of too much booze etc but last time we played them on a Saturday, the year I believe they got relegated in the league and behold they still beat us, that sunny Spring Saturday don't have the statistics but pretty sure never saw or heard one ounce of bovver, as a matter of fact found the pubs around within vicinity of ground pretty friendly. Also, was to believe or I could be corrected Aldershot was mostly a Gurkha base for the British Army now, fine fighting soldiers with outstanding history and pretty sure unusual for them to come on with a few football fans. Whatever way you look at it be surprised if we stay in the same Leagues we'd ever see it on down there on a Saturday again.
hockley dagger

Darrell is quite right. The ghurkas are good lads and wouldn't cause any trouble. Mind you I wouldn't want to cross them. Some of them were the security boys on an office I worked at in Holborn and they couldn't have been more helpful - always called me "sir" which they didn't need to do. Very loyal people who were particularly good in the Falklands war. We should back them all the way! When there was an earthquake in Nepal we had a whip round for their families. As I say, really good lads.
SUSSEX DAGGER

That was the day Dagdale saw our then Captain squaring up to one our most loyalist fans after he made his views known following a pathetic gutless effort against a already relegated team. Moments later Barnet scored a vital goal meaning that we had to match their result the folliwing week against York to survive. Thats the only trouble i have seen at Aldershot
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:35 pm That was the day Dagdale saw our then Captain squaring up to one our most loyalist fans after he made his views known following a pathetic gutless effort against a already relegated team. Moments later Barnet scored a vital goal meaning that we had to match their result the folliwing week against York to survive. Thats the only trouble i have seen at Aldershot
You missed this one then? http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8282118
Alan

I seem to recall one of their supporters trying to scale the turnstiles to get at us on a previous occasion, only to fall and hurt his leg, leaving him lying on ground surrounded by police waiting for an ambulance.
Mike the Dagger

Alan wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:05 pm I seem to recall one of their supporters trying to scale the turnstiles to get at us on a previous occasion, only to fall and hurt his leg, leaving him lying on ground surrounded by police waiting for an ambulance.
Yes indeed, remember that too. Karma is a bitch!
Chigwellian

I tend to remember a brick through a coach window ... or am I mistaken?
Diggerthedog

I remember a pellet gun put a window out away at Farnborough in FA Cup.
Dagdale

Although I wouldn't say I'm complaining too heavy about our fixture programme for the coming season, but what happened here on this pull out of the bag? probably wont get an answer from the powers to be but real strange 3 days before Christmas (Sat Dec 22nd) with perhaps heavy winter and the travelling? Salford City v. Daggers , AFC Flyde v Ebbsfleet Utd, Aldershot Town v Wrexham, Eastleigh v Harrogate Town, Halifax Town v Sutton Utd, Hartlepool Utd v Havant & Waterlooville, Leyton Orient v Chesterfield, Maidstone United v Gateshead, going to give the die hard's a stretch in the pocket.