Cheek gone??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Blackie645

I sometimes wonder why our club exists, what is the point when we are selling anyone decent? here you go I bought my season ticket with some hope, now feel so deflated, passed off
Blackie645

Meant pissed off
The Romford Dagger

leewilson wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:07 pm
The Romford Dagger wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:04 pm In more positive news, Dagenham are signing one of Ipswich’s promising youngsters.

Not been told who yet but if it’s the one I think it is, an England under 19 international, it’s a very good replacement for Cheek.

The timing of losing Cheek is a sore one though. So close to the season starting, it’s a massive shame.
Ben Morris?

How do you know this if you don't mind me asking?
I know people at Ipswich who go to the youth games. Peter Taylor was at the game yesterday watching the player he’s after.

Ben Morris is the one I’d assume it would be. Would be an excellent signing for Daggers.
DevonDagger

Blackie645 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:40 pm I sometimes wonder why our club exists, what is the point when we are selling anyone decent? here you go I bought my season ticket with some hope, now feel so deflated, passed off
Up until the Hopkin situation, the club more or less survived by selling on players who were decent.
RayleighDagger1986

I don't understand why people are so deflated. Cheeks gone, shame not earlier but any decent acceptable offer was always going to be accepted. We have debts and must balance the books. We all knew this when we renewed our season tickets. So did Taylor and Harris when they took the job on.
But the timing could have been better. An undisclosed fee paid and I for one would look down the pyramid for a decent young talent to replace and prob on half the wages. But if we get in a loanee, I'm sure Taylor knows what he's looking for.
Roll on Saturday.
Oxhead

Slow, lethargic, mediocre, no great loss. Get in a youngster with pace and enthusiasm
Mark

I thought he was very ponderous. Had the ability to bulldoze defenders but didn't do it enough. Not enough bang for buck.
Dagdale

Worse part of all this is just 48 hours before big kick off and find it strange left so late, very true although injuries hampered his time with us when he was match fit did seem to lose his spark in front of goal and on the two pre season games at Bishop Stortford and of course his contribution at what he done in the Hemel Hempstead game thought he was beginning to look good again. To be honest glad we have Romain and a fit Reynolds to see it through with the good knowledge of Peter to bring in hopefully a young good marksmen in the next couple of weeks, different positions I know but the Wright and Goodliffe scoops looks trumps for us, well done there.
CheathDagger

Gutted more than anything about the timing, PT obv thought he was staying if he was played in the friendlies. 2 days before season opener and gone. Annoying :banghead: