The next six/where does the first win come from

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

How many points are we taking from these do you think?

Hartlepool (H) - 25th August - Draw
Barnet (A) - 27th August - Lose
Salford (H) - 1st September - Lose
Braintree (H) - 4th September- Win
Barrow (A) - 8th September - Lose
Chesterfield (H) - 15th September - Lose

We need to be looking for at least six, and hopefully seven or nine. Unfortunately, ever the pessimist I'm predicting four, with our first win not forthcoming until the Braintree game in early September.

Not too sure how good Pools are, so hopefully we can nick something there. Expect Chesterfield, Salford and even Barnet in their current state will all be too strong for us - plus we do love a former player scoring against us and the Bees do have a half dozen of those or so.
DevonDagger

If I knew the answer I'd be a lot richer than I am now.

Funny feeling we may get something at Barnet even if only a draw. Salford are strong but haven't been all that convincing, but must agree probably a bit much for us.

The way we've performed I don't think it would be all that outrageous if we won 3 or even 4 of them, but we could likewise perhaps only get a couple of points.
Diggerthedog

Clinging to hope that Pool just about beat Maidenhead and Braintree are just as bad as us. Any other points a welcome bonus.
DaggerJoel11

As soon as we get that first win I think we'll start to pick up points at a more rapid pace. The problem is that not many sides will look as poor as Maidenhead and Maidstone so if we can't pick up points from those I struggle to see where they're coming from.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Richie

Hartlepool (H) - 25th August - Draw
Barnet (A) - 27th August - Draw
Salford (H) - 1st September - Lose
Braintree (H) - 4th September- Win
Barrow (A) - 8th September - Draw
Chesterfield (H) - 15th September - Lose

So I have us down for 6 points, but hard to say having not seen any of those sides.

I just hope we get a settled side at some point, doesn't seem like there will be more players coming in, so I'd like to see the same XI play for 3 games in a row. Obviously the Bank holiday isn't ideal for that, but we need some partnerships to gel.
NickMurphy

Eclipsed the tally I thought we'd get from the six matches with one more still to play.

Chesterfield next week won't be easy, obviously, but you'd have to fancy our chances against them. Winless in seven and failed to score in their last five, losing four of those 1-0. Given the way we've been playing recently, I'd probably have us down as favourites to win it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Funny how things turn round.

We played very well yesterday that was an inescapable fact, but i am almost certain that we have played better then we did both yesterday and Tuesday and lost.

The turning point in our season could prove to be Tuesday , I keep thinking about how Mcqueen had the ball stuck between his feet on our goal line Tuesday early on and got it out. Against Maidenhead a similar situation occurred and it went in and was missed by the player standing exactly where Mcqueen was Tuesday night

Remember the penalty on Tuesday that would not have been given by yesterdays referee if you saw some of the challenges our players were subjected to. At Halifax we had an equally good shout turned down.

Other instances i keep recalling defensive mistakes yesterday met with our Keeper being in inspirational form ,then you recall Hartlepool and the same Keeper hands as fragile as a Popodum when it came to keeping the ball out for their winner,add in the first of HALIFAX goals and the Maidenhead second it does leave you scratching your head

When we look back i am sure Braintree at home was the night things finally turned for us as i dont think we would have won yesterday if we had not had the confidence we took out of that.

Predicting anything involving teams in this league is proving to be silly as the last week has proved.

Your right tho Nick we should start next week having nothing to fear against a team that has lost its way .

We need to cut out the sloppiness that gave Barrow most of the chances they spurned yesterday because I am trying to remember much they created for themselves that did not have a DAGGER hand in it. We have nothing to fear and another win that did not look even remotely possiable last month could at least be very likely
Granddad

IMO our biggest problem could be keeping players like Elliot Romain and young Liam Gordon. Ben Goodliffe is another one that could make it at a much higher level. If we can win the next couple of winnable games perhaps the conversations will turn to the playoffs, and why not?
Alan

Goodliffe is on loan from Wolves.
IanC

Shame he ain’t Portuguese then,he probably knows my nephew who is 19 and just been released after 12 years!!!
Might need to change his name to Benito or something if he wants to get on there.
Cracking player is Ben though,should have a good career with or without wolves.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Granddad wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:48 pm IMO our biggest problem could be keeping players like Elliot Romain and young Liam Gordon. Ben Goodliffe is another one that could make it at a much higher level. If we can win the next couple of winnable games perhaps the conversations will turn to the playoffs, and why not?
Any player who turns out half decent we will have trouble keeping hold off. That's always be the case but in our current situation it is even more prevalent.

Each start of season you would imagine we will be where we are now,just hoping that we get a group of players that are able to keep us up.

If you read the excellent article in the Guardian Saturday ,if the figures quoted by Peter Taylor are anything to go by then it will not take a lot either to prize away what we have at the moment