Glyn Hopkin is selling his shares for £1

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:21 pm
I’m not one for being petty, but I hope I never see that sperm-gargler back in the ground. No proof that he is selling his shares for a quid and ultimately it doesn’t really mean much to me if he is. Selling for a £1 isn’t actually a good thing in my eyes, makes it easier for any Tom, Dick or Glenn to come in and buy it irrespective of experience and knowledge *cough* Dominic Chapelle *cough*. In my eyes a real buying price indicates that the business is a going concern, a worthwhile investment, and puts off the chancers.
The whole point is that the club is not a going concern, we are being run on a shoestring, hand to mouth, funding it day to day, asking for donations to survive. This is why all the bollocks that have been said about the various shareholdings has been total nonsense. I may have said that before, but it still kept getting lobbed at the board regardfing who had what percentage after Hopkin declined to take up his majority shareholding.

You hope all due diligence has been done, the money is real, and sustainable and that the new owners have the patience to see getting the Daggers back where they should be through. I would hope that they have a decent idea how to run and promote a sports club to help us grow and be self sustaining in years to come.

As for Glyn, the whole mess from last December when we were looking a decent play off bet, to today where we are on one point from seven games is down to him pulling out on commitments he had made in good faith while setting budgets for the football club. Whatever the real or stated reason for that, bye mate, don't come back.
NBDag

Well technically as far as I’m aware we are a going concern as the club have said they will be able to see out the whole year?

Agree with the rest of what you have said though- however the due diligence on any perspective owner is what worries me.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:57 pm Well technically as far as I’m aware we are a going concern as the club have said they will be able to see out the whole year?
They had to say that or they would not have been allowed to start the season. We don't have significant debt, and are working on a tight budget, one that sees us bottom of the table. That doesn't mean they know where all that money is coming from for the season though.

Glyn Hopkin (the man, the brand) was desparate not to have his name over the door if the club went under, hence turning down being majority shareholder, and paying some wages last April when we were about to have to chuck in the towel and go under. This gets him out altogether now and he'll be happy about that.

No need to thank him for anything other than the clubhouse makeover though, the mess we are in is down to Hopkin not being man enough to deal with the idiot fans we have, and them for pushing it so long and so hard.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:03 pm Top trolling Arnu.
You're getting trolling mixed up with me just raising a few points you don't like.

If anything i think the originator of this thread was trolling cos were all arguing about all the same old bollix again now innit ?

Should have took Tamplin money and got stevie Evans in !!

( now that is trolling!! Lol)

(
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

And with that, don’t be suprised to see Glyn Hopkin back in the future at a game or in a sponsorship capacity.
[/quote]

The only reason I can see the “sperm gargeler” (laughed my bo77ocks off NBD) coming back to a game is to gloat at the mess he created, why would he think he would be be greeted in any way other than a turd after the way he has left us.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:05 pm
NBDag wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:57 pm Well technically as far as I’m aware we are a going concern as the club have said they will be able to see out the whole year?
They had to say that or they would not have been allowed to start the season. We don't have significant debt, and are working on a tight budget, one that sees us bottom of the table. That doesn't mean they know where all that money is coming from for the season though.

Glyn Hopkin (the man, the brand) was desparate not to have his name over the door if the club went under, hence turning down being majority shareholder, and paying some wages last April when we were about to have to chuck in the towel and go under. This gets him out altogether now and he'll be happy about that.

No need to thank him for anything other than the clubhouse makeover though, the mess we are in is down to Hopkin not being man enough to deal with the idiot fans we have, and them for pushing it so long and so hard.
I’m not going to get into an argument over accounting, the ethics behind it and duties of the accountants and auditors of the club. But quite simply put, our accounts are prepared and filed as a going concern. Not because the club had to say so, but because it is one. This isn’t something that is just lied about or bended willy-nilly in a company’s statements.
Final comment removed by Admin for legal reasons.
Alan

Libel alert.
admin
Site Admin

Alan wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 pmLibel alert.
If you think a libel has been committed please report the post and the comments so that we can act accordingly.
lupins

I despair of some on here at a time when potentially we may have turned the corner (due diligence etc aside) some people continue to trot out the same old rubbish rather than enjoy the moment and perhaps use it to draw a line in the sand
Dagger42

lupins wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:06 pm I despair of some on here at a time when potentially we may have turned the corner (due diligence etc aside) some people continue to trot out the same old rubbish rather than enjoy the moment and perhaps use it to draw a line in the sand
This 100 %
NickMurphy

Mike the Dagger wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:46 pm
As for Glyn, the whole mess from last December when we were looking a decent play off bet, to today where we are on one point from seven games is down to him pulling out on commitments he had made in good faith while setting budgets for the football club. Whatever the real or stated reason for that, bye mate, don't come back.
This, basically.
RampantDuke

So to more important matters. Some Yanks, who we know absolutely nothing about, have offered to 'invest' in the club. The big question for me is why? They won't ever see a fiscal return on their investment so it isn't to make money. So it is an ego trip or we are a plaything for them. That's fair enough, it's worked brilliantly for Chelsea. I would love to know what their motivations are. Why would anyone from a different continent have any real affiliation to the Daggers? Are we perhaps a stepping stone to bigger things? ie. buy a small club, get to understand English football and then use it as a springboard to buy a bigger one in the future. That would be OK because it suggests that they have a lot of money to burn. The next question is of course - how rich are these people? Have they got decent money to throw at us to take us back to the football league? What experience or track record have they got of running sports teams?

This could be fantastic or incredibly disappointing. Right now the jury is out but I really hope we have found our prince and are not kissing another frog.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
The Romford Dagger

BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:15 pm And with that, don’t be suprised to see Glyn Hopkin back in the future at a game or in a sponsorship capacity.
The only reason I can see the “sperm gargeler” (laughed my bo77ocks off NBD) coming back to a game is to gloat at the mess he created, why would he think he would be be greeted in any way other than a turd after the way he has left us.
[/quote]

I imagine he may think he’d be greeted nicely because there are people like Merge who have pandered to him all the way through this process even when he began acting like a petulant child.

Merge openly admitted on here she was desperately trying to convince him to come back even after he’d shat all over the club.

He did exactly what many feared Tamplin would do - cause extreme financial difficulty for the club as soon as he changed his mind.
Diggerthedog

RampantDuke wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:34 am So to more important matters. Some Yanks, who we know absolutely nothing about, have offered to 'invest' in the club. The big question for me is why? They won't ever see a fiscal return on their investment so it isn't to make money. So it is an ego trip or we are a plaything for them. That's fair enough, it's worked brilliantly for Chelsea. I would love to know what their motivations are. Why would anyone from a different continent have any real affiliation to the Daggers? Are we perhaps a stepping stone to bigger things? ie. buy a small club, get to understand English football and then use it as a springboard to buy a bigger one in the future. That would be OK because it suggests that they have a lot of money to burn. The next question is of course - how rich are these people? Have they got decent money to throw at us to take us back to the football league? What experience or track record have they got of running sports teams?

This could be fantastic or incredibly disappointing. Right now the jury is out but I really hope we have found our prince and are not kissing another frog.
This was always the risk when changing from a members club, perhaps if fans help with this new era it might go well. I just hope we get the Daggers we all use to know back, I see some of that now on the pitch and in the stands.
Voice of reason

ARNU wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:39 pm If I was Glynn i wouldn't give a shiny shit what any of us think. He owes/ owed us nothing. He could have been far less decent about things he did like paying wages etc after he'd gone. Don't know him , don't like crappy nissans either but I'm struggling to see why anyone thinks he's the bad guy here. Football clubs are businesses or playthings and sometimes both. How's anyone going to make money buying D&R I struggle to see.
I like the new Arnu
You should have my user name :thumbu: