My Annual Shameless Plug

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Morning All,

I know the football season is near, and the World Cup is very much still taking place, but the cricket season is also still going!!!

Once again this season, Upminster CC will be taking on an Essex CCC XI in aid of the Essex Cricket Foundation. This Year the game will take place at Upminster Park on SUNDAY 2nd SEPTEMBER.

I know a number of Daggers fans, including some from this forum, have attended in the past, and would be great so see them all again this Year. We have changed the format of the day a little from previous Years, with a Ladies Softball Festival taking place at 11.00am, a Junior T20 game taking place at 12.30pm and then the Main Event (a T20 game between Upminster and an Essex XI) taking place at 3.00pm.

Entry is by programme (priced £2.50) and available from 1st August from the Club or local businesses in the area, or on the day itself. BBQ, Beer Tent, Tea Tent and Ice Cream van available from noon and throughout the afternoon.

If you would like anymore information, please let me know.

Cheers for reading
DI Mike Dashwood

While the football might be painful at the moment (although I am sure it will improve) the cricket season still has some legs in it.

So why not get along to Upminster Park on 2nd September for the annual Upminster v Essex CCC Benefit Match, in aid of the Essex Cricket Foundation.

Details below (on original post) and programmes now available from:

Govanis Chemists
Kingcotts Bakery
Batemans Newsagents
Gates, Parish & Co. Estate Agents

all on the High Street in Upminster and from the club on matchdays.

Be great to see some Daggers fans in attendance as is normally the case.
DI Mike Dashwood

Just giving this a "bump" (sorry Admin).

Be great to see people there on Sunday. Hopefully the Daggers fans will have some good news in the next few days and can celebrate with a few beers on Sunday!!!
Mike the Dagger

Decent Essex side:

Nick Browne (c)
Jamie Porter
Sam Cook
James Foster
Matt Coles
Shane Snater
Dan Lawrence
Matt Dixon
Kelly Castle
Ravi Bopara