Two from two...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

... another clean sheet and a last minute winner... amazing how a week can change things so dramatically

Well played all but hats off to Romain... ran his nuts off first game of the season in the Boreham sunshine and looked despondent after 70 minutes with no service... never in a million years thought he would have the goals to get us going and winning close games, especially the further we got in to the winless run.

Onwards and upwards it seems
Mike the Dagger

Couldn't get a kick under Stilly...
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wow . Well played lads great effort considering that travelling on the day is not ideal.

Never stoped trying to win that game and outr endeavour paid off . Rode our luck but in all honesty Barrow shots on target were exacerbated by some of the defensive decisions we made.

At least 4 excellent saves by the goalkeeper and getting over the line without Ben Goodliffe who was inches from scoring and only ending up with a broken nose.

Great finish by Elliot but my joy at the result was somewhat overshadowed by the dejected looking Tomi Adoyle , how he has not scored today well i cant work it out poor lad. One effort beats the keeper all ends up but a Barrow head appears from nowhere to keep it out. He was then harshly booked by a disgrace of a referee who gave us nothing all afternoon. Sadly a minute after that booking he pulled out of a 50/50 for obvious reasons and the Manager called a halt to his afternoon.

That decision was correct but i cant help feel pain for the lad.

Oh the Daggers ethos is back the Captain lead his team over to the jubilant terrace were around a dozen or so Harty Daggers had camped for the afternoon and shook each and every hand. CLASS MATT ROBINSON
ARNU

Great result !! Have that Dan !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DevonDagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:38 pm
Great finish by Elliot but my joy at the result was somewhat overshadowed by the dejected looking Tomi Adoyle , how he has not scored today well i cant work it out poor lad. One effort beats the keeper all ends up but a Barrow head appears from nowhere to keep it out. He was then harshly booked by a disgrace of a referee who gave us nothing all afternoon. Sadly a minute after that booking he pulled out of a 50/50 for obvious reasons and the Manager called a halt to his afternoon.

That decision was correct but i cant help feel pain for the lad.
I hope Tomi doesn't get too down about it, if that's what he is at all. I get far more concerned about strikers who never look like scoring. The games I've seen he's been in the right positions and finds the space, but as you describe above the damn thing just won't hit the net. As long as he's getting chances, that luck will change though and hopefully when he gets one, he'll get a few on the bounce.

Great win today, I'm sure those who were there couldn't contain themselves when Romain bagged the winner.
A S dagger97

Yes! Get in lads, we've been competitive in every game we've played so Far and was inevitable that the tide would change for us if we kept up the effort we've shown so far. Hats off to them all for keeping at it. for me Robinson has been the one who I'd give huge amount of credit to because he has lead the team well despite having many frustrating games where he's found it hard to influence the team but the spirit throughout is remarkable. Romain runs himself into the ground every week even when nothing goes for him his head doesn't drop and he got his reward for that today. So, we have 3 clean sheets and 7 points from out last 3 games not a bad week. Onwards and upwards! :yay:
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
RayleighDagger1986

These last rwo wins must have instilled loads of confidence into the team. That dressing room must be buzzing.......
Dagdale

Nothing better going all that way and returning on a classy good win and thoroughly deserved. Barrow had there moments , created some good assaults on our goal but to our delight their finishing was bad. We met up with another referee with many question marks hanging over his decisions but a lovely good superb goal by Romain, taken well, made it all the worthwhile. Justham made a couple of really good saves to which one was definitely his own making (bad clearance) but every player put in a very good shift and special mention I think should go to Ollie Harfield whose crosses were coming over thick and fast and at times Barrow were finding him hard to stop. Nice touch and a great chat with the lads on Lancaster station really good community between players and fans now even after all the turmoil over the last couple of seasons. Northern rail spot on thanks, and the team keeping this tempo up surely were going to be rising and alright this season. Forward to the Spireites!
CharlieC

If you look at our goal difference compared to the teams around us I think that speaks volumes. I was worried after the Hartlepool and Barnet games that being unlucky would be the story of our season, but full marks to the team, their heads haven’t dropped at all.

Special mention to Romain, there is more to his game than just work rate. I make that 8 goals in 20 odd league games for us and Torquay last season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

If you play players in the right areas and set the systeam for the players instead of expecting players to adapt to the systeam then Players will have more chance to show their ability.

He is at last being allowed to show what ability he has,yesterday he was at times playing like he has the ability to play well above this level, hardly surprising when it was not being continuely smashed over his head and it is at least played into his feet as often as it is in the air.You are right Charlie he has more to his game then work rate.

If we could find a Player of his ability,attitude,desire to go into our Midfield this team will take off, of that i am actually certain. That box to box player will bring out the best in some of the others

It can't be argued that it was Matt Robinson best game this season,he looked far more mobile yesterday which he needs to be until we find that Player to get up and down the pitch. When we find him that will allow Matt to sit in and he will be a hell of a Player for us.
See the same in Tomi ,it's just not falling for him.at the moment but in my opinion he is not doing much wrong and we could of easily have been 3 goals up at half time how he has only scored once this season remains a mystery. Hopefully we stick with him as I really think that we have an uncut diamond there.

The last week has been a fantastic week but there is still plenty to work on. We need to stop giving the ball away so cheaply ,sometimes yesterday our short passing was absoloutely appalling and as a result this made Barrow look far better then they really were. The defence is Having to do more work as a result.

Once again the introduction of Checki Kandi seem to give us an outlet when under the cosh,his effort that came off the bar was in until it hit the bar and what he brought to the table when he came on should not be underestimated.

My biggest praise has to reserved for the tactics yesterday. We never stopped trying to win that game.

80 minutes on the Clock it would have been easy to sit behind the ball and play out the nil nil but we left Players in advanced position and altho we ride our luck and where under the cosh you always thought we can nick this and the result was more to do with the positive attitude of the tactics in my opinion then anything else. It would have been even easier to adopt negative tactics when you lose your Centre Half who only made one mistake the whole time he was on the pitch, for the rest of the time Ben Goodliffe looked diffrent class and was awesome in the heart of our defence.

Over the last week it is clear that this team is a work in progress but in this mini revival we have played two above average teams for this level and we did not look out of place.

Hats of to the Manager and his Assistant they have stuck to what they believes in ,they have obvious confidence in the limited Squad that has been thrown together and they are rightfully being rewarded
Mark

Whilst Romain has the work rate he also has controlled aggression which is very important. He is never willing to accept the ball isn't within his grasp even when a defender is 70/30 favourite. Whilst most players stand off, he's like a little bulldozer. The game can pass him by when our ball forward loses any control or on the rare occasions that he doesn't look quite at it, but I think he's doing really well. We do lack someone with that real instinct in the box but Romain is bringing direct running and making chances happen.

Amazed by Goodliffe last 3 games. At Boreham I thought he looked really tentative and slow on the turn but clearly just first day nerves. He's defending beyond his years at the moment.

Robinson could use a hand and hopefully we've signed the players to do it. I think he covers a lot of ground and although he isn't the quickest he's got a real engine. He was the one still going at 100 against Braintree whilst others tired. He keeps the ball moving, offers all over the pitch and protects the defence despite not just sitting in. Captain's performances recently.