Team suggestions for Chesterfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

After a cracking win on Saturday (and well done to the 51 who made the epic trek), would you tinker with the team? Or play the same team again on Saturday?

Thoughts?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can't see Gavin Hoyte given the chop for Alex Mcqueen .

He may regret the decision to go away to Granada, not only has he lost his place to a Player that most thought was always a better option there has also been addition to the squad in his absence.

Ben Goodliffe broken nose ? Is,that likely to stop who i thought was our best player Saturday playing.this week

Got to say mind that his replacement Saturday did us proud bearing in mind how the game was balancesd at the time and how things evolved,he let nobody down.

First rule in football is stick to a winning team however you come across it so i would say stay with it.
Bit harsh on Checki and Lamar.

Heavens who would have thought we would be having this discussion 10 days ago
bloke down the pub

Anyone who can kick the ball at the goal in open play. That's one of the most successful ways of scoring a goal.
Mark

I like Tomi but he should have had 4 in the first half alone. I think it's probably worth trying to play him into form in the absence of a better replacement. Kandi maybe but a different sort of player.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:51 pm I like Tomi but he should have had 4 in the first half alone. I think it's probably worth trying to play him into form in the absence of a better replacement. Kandi maybe but a different sort of player.
A lot of time for Kandi but still don't believe him to be the goal machine we need if we are concerned about potentially dropping players like Tomi because of a lack of end product. Agree on the Hoyte situation... originally didn't think he would settle in to a team not playing a traditional back 4 but McQueen is a funny one... thought he was a real find on his first game but then has subsequently not done much to explain why he would be a guaranteed starter
Granddad

If fit I would start Ben Nunn, and IMO Alex McQueen would be better in midfield, although our two new signings could be even better. To partner Elliot Romain up front it one or two from Leighton, Kandi and Tommi, and I couldn't choose, but trust PT to make the right decision. Also, a special mention for Ben Goodliffe who I think has been a revelation, and hope we can keep him for the whole season.