Incident on Saturday / Club Statement

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Re the throwing of a bottle on to the pitch.
https://daggers.co.uk/news/-LMatxY70ZS2S4MIkuJz
EssexDagger!

Hopefully if anybody does know who this idiot is, they will come forward & contact the club with a name...
Even more of a shame when during a week in which our club has had some long overdue positive News/Press & good feeling around the ground, somebody has to go & do something to try and put a dampener on things :angry:
len

Or the person responsible can come forward and own up to this.
Mike the Dagger

Any clues where in the Sieve this happened?

"North Stand" doesn't really tell you much TBH.
Diggerthedog

I thought all the yobs now sat in the A13 stand.
rebeldagger

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:45 am Any clues where in the Sieve this happened?

"North Stand" doesn't really tell you much TBH.
I was standing just by the half way line and from where I was standing I'd say would have happened about half way between me and the Bury Road end goal line.
Blackie645

Excuse me I have a season ticket in the A13 stand and I'm not a yob, there is more enthusiastic supporters in there than the whole ground put together. More noise, come on Diggerthedog have a go in the A13 stand.
bloke down the pub

Blackie645 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:59 pm Excuse me I have a season ticket in the A13 stand and I'm not a yob, there is more enthusiastic supporters in there than the whole ground put together. More noise, come on Diggerthedog have a go in the A13 stand.
And the few away supporters in the end of the shed still made more noise.
RM1Dagger

bloke down the pub wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:14 pm
Blackie645 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:59 pm Excuse me I have a season ticket in the A13 stand and I'm not a yob, there is more enthusiastic supporters in there than the whole ground put together. More noise, come on Diggerthedog have a go in the A13 stand.
And the few away supporters in the end of the shed still made more noise.
Not really... anyway being one the yobs (along with my two sons) in the A13 I had a good view and it was roughly in line with the 18 yard box.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

It was a a dig that some that said all the A13 home fans are the yobs of the club, the fact the bottle come from the sieve made me chuckle. I’m an a13 stand season ticket holder along with my 4 years old who love it when he occasionally comes. The time we both sat in the Carling stand he said it was boring and did not like it.
DagenhamDan

The A13 does have a good atmosphere I went with my girlfriend Saturday and I sit in the Carling all I heard was the shrill scream of older ladies screaming abuse at our players. Know where I'd rather have been. . . The bottle came from about 30 yard out what a nobhead he was.
Pondfield Dagger

i was very close to it, the chesterfield bald player (Drew Talbot) seemed to get tempers raised when he came near the sidelines, everyone was staring at him, then all of a sudden a bottle came out of nowhere,lots of arms waving about, very difficult to pin point it down to one individual. i was standing on the step in the middle, the people at the back who lean against barrier would have a better view.
stewards came over and only spoke to the dads with their kids sitting on the wall, think they thought it may have been one of them accidentally have thrown it on- it definitely wasn't- it was someone in the middle.
Lcbdagger

Just astonishing that something like this would happen... we're close enough to the pitch in the Sieve to scream all Hell's abuse at players if you're feeling in the mood without the need to get physical with players or throw things t them!

Whoever it is should be ashamed and I hope they get identified... no chance somebody out there doesn't know who it was... sadly I don't imagine they've gone home ashamed but walked out of the ground having a good laugh about it