This email was sent on behalf of supporters who went to Barnet on the 27/8/18

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am Barnet have now issued a statement that it is to raise prices in their terrace end by £3 to £20.
Barnet fans on Twitter are not at all happy Bees 😂
https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/sept ... ket-price/

Well that is a different approach!
Alan

Glee.
Mark

I hope they are still issuing a refund to our fans as they were in breech of the rules at the time. Anyone had anything back?
Daggerman

ThatRoundThing wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am Barnet have now issued a statement that it is to raise prices in their terrace end by £3 to £20.
Barnet fans on Twitter are not at all happy Bees 😂
Serve’s them right for supporting a bunch of c#nts
ThatRoundThing

Well done to members of our Supporters Club and individual Daggers fans for pursuing the matter. This in turn got the National League, Non League Paper and Maidenhead Supporters involved.

Our club had to loose a percentage of Income to follow the new rules but, as has been mentioned before, our ticketing policy for Away fans up to the start of this season wasn’t exactly fair.
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 pm Well done to members of our Supporters Club and individual Daggers fans for pursuing the matter. This in turn got the National League, Non League Paper and Maidenhead Supporters involved.

Our club had to loose a percentage of Income to follow the new rules but, as has been mentioned before, our ticketing policy for Away fans up to the start of this season wasn’t exactly fair.
"Lose" ;)

Anyway, it was actually Maidstone fans kicking up a fuss that forced us into opening a section of the Sieve to away fans so I don't think we can pat ourselves on the back too much here. The rule is not apparently a new one, we have just been ignoring it up to this season. I would guess the National League decided to enforce it this season though.

My view is that, commercially, you look after your regular customers first, and exploit away fans when you can for as much as you can make out of them. What we have done is offer limited space on the terrace at £15 to away fans and if clubs turn up with more than the allocated terrace space, or with people that want to sit, the rest can pay on the day A13 stand price.

What Barnet have done is shaft their own fans instead. 10 out of 10 to them.
SUSSEX DAGGER

If they as you say " enforced" this rule this year then i would imagine all Clubs were informed that this rule was going to be enforced.

Therefore there cant be any excuse for non compliance.

Funny decision they have arrived at . If you are going to get enhanced facilities for the same price you would imagine most People would use them.
It would have been a better idea for them to close the terrace there by saving on staff that operate the entrance and stewarding.

The decision they have arrived at leaves them exposed to those costs and makes no economic sense.
daggerfirst

is it a breech of trading standards to charge away/home fans different prices?
D@Rsupportersclubweb

I know the Barnet fc statement as already been posted on this post but here it is again with the supporters club response. The supporters club will keep the fans who went to Barnet for this game update with what going on.

Barnet Club statement regarding match ticket prices

At a recent National League Board Meeting, there was a discussion held regarding our terrace admission prices compared to our visiting supporter admission prices.

Current National League regulations require the home team to charge visiting supporters the same price as the cheapest home fan admission.

As a result and with regret, we have had to alter our prices for the remainder of the season.

Matchday Tickets for the Bees Terrace will now be £20 for Adults, £13 for Concessions and £5 for Under 17's, to match Stand 66.

To soften the blow imposed on our supporters, we will be running a Buy Two, Get One Free terrace offer for any three remaining home league fixtures (excluding the last home game of the season.

We are also running our popular 5 for £5 Under 17's Bees Terrace promotion which has had positive feedback from all fans.

Existing Bees Terrace members and season ticket holders will not see any price change.

The club are hopeful that this rule will be changed ahead of next season and apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused to our supporters.

Supporters club response to the Barnet FC statement

I refer to my previous emails dated 30th August and 9th September 2018.

I would like to thank you for your email response dated 9th September.  Your comments have been noted.

My attention has been drawn to your Club statement issued on 18th September concerning the increased prices on the Bees terraces, which now brings your home terrace admission prices in line with the away stand, thus complying with theNational League Board directive issued in this matter.

However, the fact still remains that our Supporters who attended the Hive on Bank Holiday Monday have been overcharged.   Can I please once again ask what steps you intend to take regarding refunding our Supporters the obvious over payment they incurred.

Your early reply would be appreciated.

Patricia Shaw
Secretary Supporters Club
Dagenham & Redbridge F.C