Message to Sussex

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Still think he's a good manager?
Still coming away from grounds thinking how we've fought hard and just been plain unlucky?
Or are you and everyone else whose been blinded by Mr Taylor, finally coming round to the fact that Peter Taylor cannot manage?
Yes he's done a sterling job stringing together this motley crew, but he will get us relegated.
Or am I just jumping on the sack the manager bandwagon :whistle:

Make no mistake, keep him and we are doomed.
Auntie Merge

my name isn’t Sussex but the Ebbsfleet home game made me feel like Taylor came
from the Wayne Burnett school
of football management.

If he isnt gone by the FA cup game on the 20th October, we are doomed. In the same way that the sacking of Burnett should have happened at that time. We left it until Xmas and we were down.
Mark

What do people feel a different manager will do?
NBDag

Off the top of my head- play a right back in the right back position and maybe use the resources at our disposal to greater effect. I really like Taylor, seems like a nice genuine bloke. But it looks Like Stanton is right on this. We need a change.
RayleighDagger1986

Taylor was appointed as the best man to manage the club through times of tough financial constraints. His job was to put together a team on a shoestring budget and to get the best out of an inexperienced squad. Commitment was all to be seen until............ the new owners took over. Its different now. There's (apparently) ambitions the new owners have but not sure exactly what. I'm not sure if replacing Taylor would help though.
If only our our new investors bought the club in May. Things would be much different now!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't know why you are digging me out ,plenty who was thinking the same ,but the last three games I have to admit have been very poor.

Don't know who else you think can change things around because if the last three signings are anything to go by then budget restraints are still very real .
If these three however are the top end of the wage bill then and he can't use that as an excuse and your opinions have a lot more foundation.

Last three games the team have simply not been good enough and need to step up massively if we are going to get out of this mess.

If it is simply a fact of economics then the Yanks are not the Cavalery that everybody made them out to be because one thing is certain we need a lot lot more then what has so far been added.
RayleighDagger1986

If its all down to simply economics then who could do a better job?
Personally, going down is probably the long term solution to our problems. That way, we can go part time. Appoint an up n coming manager (someone from the lower leagues) and rebuild. Ebbsfleet did it a couple of years back and Woking are doing pretty well at mo.
Alan

Ebbsfleet have a Kuwaiti owner who has stuck in millions, not a magic plan. They chucked a fortune at getting out of the conf south. Their accounts show a loss of 1.9m last year and 2m the year before. Let’s not hold them up as an example of how we can rebuild.

Woking are financially backed and are selling their ground to finance a new stadium.
stanton101

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 pm If its all down to simply economics then who could do a better job?
Personally, going down is probably the long term solution to our problems. That way, we can go part time. Appoint an up n coming manager (someone from the lower leagues) and rebuild. Ebbsfleet did it a couple of years back and Woking are doing pretty well at mo.
I don't see how going down helps personally. And neither I suspect would the new owners. Our gates have already plummeted alarmingly and those new fans that we want today, are not going to watch Dagenham in a lower league alongside the uncle Alberts tomorrow.
Successful businessmen want success at any level no matter how big or small, they have not put their money in to a sinking ship.
And whilst there's practically nothing to be gained by them at this level in a monetary sense already, there's even less to be gained by relegation.
For me personally I think they'll probably give Taylor a bit more time to try to change things, but they'll have one eye on a replacement, they simply can't wait too long, the gap between us and those above us is getting wider ( not insurmountable at the moment) but we have some tough games coming up and we don't want to be cut adrift so early in the season.
Personally I think Taylor has done a wonderful job in getting together any semblance of a squad to play, let alone compete. But time is unfortunately running out.
Going down would be a disaster especially when we have investors already in place to push us forward.
SUSSEX DAGGER

What they investing Staunton ?

We were repeatedly told that there was no debt, remember?

What has been bought in so far surely was covered by the fire sale and what was raised to keep us going

If those three players cost anymore then that then you are right we do have a very bad Manager. Somehow I don't think they did
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:42 pm What they investing Staunton ?

We were repeatedly told that there was no debt, remember?

What has been bought in so far surely was covered by the fire sale and what was raised to keep us going

If those three players cost anymore then that then you are right we do have a very bad Manager. Somehow I don't think they did
We may have been told there was no debt, but if we struggled to bring in more than we were spending then that could have changed quite quickly.

The fire sale was about getting players off the wage bill and won't have generated much cash to use long term.

It was going to be hard to build squad for this year. Taylor has brought players in but I'm not sure he's really built much of a squad, we've just seen to have a lot of players that in a lot of cases are a bit similar.
The best players have generally been those he inherited.
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:24 pm Don't know why you are digging me out ,plenty who was thinking the same ,but the last three games I have to admit have been very poor.

Don't know who else you think can change things around because if the last three signings are anything to go by then budget restraints are still very real .
If these three however are the top end of the wage bill then and he can't use that as an excuse and your opinions have a lot more foundation.

Last three games the team have simply not been good enough and need to step up massively if we are going to get out of this mess.

If it is simply a fact of economics then the Yanks are not the Cavalery that everybody made them out to be because one thing is certain we need a lot lot more then what has so far been added.

Re: Thommo Interview
Report this post Quote
Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Well that did not take long.

A week and already an element turning on the Manager, if that is what he is ?

Remember the above?
And I'm digging you out!
Not only did I have a differing opinion for yet another defeat, but it was presumed I was pouncing on Peter Taylor and calling for him to be sacked!
If anything I would love for him to stay and turn it around, but I don't think he's capable of doing so and that was my opinion and I'm entitled to that, the same way you are. This is after all a forum isn't it where different people have different views, just because you attend every game doesn't mean you have an opinion greater than those that don't.
Personally I think that it' might just be possible the Yanks are reluctant to let Taylor spend their money when he's been so poor and they already have a replacement lined up, or is that jumping on the bandwagon as well.
NBDag

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 pm Personally, going down is probably the long term solution to our problems. That way, we can go part time. Appoint an up n coming manager (someone from the lower leagues) and rebuild.
I remember similar things being said when we got relegated from League 2. Look how that turned out in less than 3 seasons.

Relegation is not acceptable. There is no positive spin that can be placed on it, especially when the likes of Solihull Moors are flying.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I remember those comments Staunton and nothing will stop me believing that he was entitled to a bit longer .

Just a point about the investment if there was no debt at the start of the season ,claim made by The MD only weeks before the takeover then how much was it when it was completed.

Accept running costs put us behind the the black ball but with all the razamatz the takeover bought i,was expecting far more then three never have been and never will be Players that we appear to have wasted money on .
Auntie Merge

stanton101 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:22 am Personally I think that it' might just be possible the Yanks are reluctant to let Taylor spend their money when he's been so poor and they already have a replacement lined up, or is that jumping on the bandwagon as well.
This. I think this too.