What has gone wrong?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Only a few weeks back, the club went on a 4 game unbeaten run of 2 wins, 2 draws. Fast forward to today and thats 4 straight defeats.
In between we have new owners who have stuck by Peter Taylor and promised funds to strengthen the team.
Today's loss at Gateshead has me worried now. I took the view that we would go down fighting with an inexperienced squad and that has been evidenced until the new owners took control. Since then it appears that the work rate has disappeared. The 1-0 loss at Eastleigh was unlucky, especially with missing a penalty at 0-0 and if that did go in, who knows what the next 3 games could have brought.
But whatever happens hereon, whatever Taylor decides to do is catch 22.
He can and probably should strengthen the squad now and if he does and ends up wasting the money, hell be criticised. Or by sticking with the current squad and hoping it comes good again (if) and it doesn't then he's criticised for not spending or signing more expensive/experienced players.
We are in decline now, the players dont look ss if they are giving it all like they did earlier in the season. They're just not good enough but should we stick with it even though money to strengthen is available.
Theres still time to turn this around, but if you leave it too late then relegation beckons.
The new owners have now changed the clubs position from struggling to stable. That needs to now spread to the team and the league table!
COYD!
stanton101

If you can't see what's wrong mate, you need help.
RayleighDagger1986

For you Stanton, I'll play the song "Help" by banarama.
Diggerthedog

Nothing’s gone wrong, a late pen against Braintree and a injury time winner at Barrow has clouded people’s judgement. This team was always getting relegated.

When I saw McQueen at left back I knew we’re done for today. I’d have a complete clear out now and prepare for life in the league below as a part time club as being full time clearly has no benefits.

Fed up.
Alan

Yes, to be fair the two wins were a tad spawny. It’s a crap squad. It needs an overhaul if we have funds. Or we need to know if we don’t.
Dagger83

On the other side of the coin, can't we say we've been a tad unfortunate in some defeats? I've only seen the Eastleigh game on the box but we could have easily come away with something from that. I also work with a Halifax fan and he said we were unfortunate there and looked a better team than our position suggests.

I know we don't want to broadcast how much is in the coffers but I do think some kind of statement about us trying to improve the squad would be helpful.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Diggerthedog

Looking back the fixtures and the games I’ve attended we we’re unlucky at Barnet. The two draws we got at home we was hanging on, one against a team just above and the other against 10 men. We’ve been well beaten by two teams whose crowds are half of ours, something is. It right. I can see we have a squad of well in excess of 20 now, that don’t come cheap.
ARNU

Nothing has gone wrong,we just aren't good enough as everybody expected pre season. I didn't renew because of that .( hasn't stopped me going, missed a few). I can't see why this American mob have bought in unless they plan to do something. I think we're getting relegated to consolidate next season. I don't think Taylor knows his best team and I still couldn't name half of them myself.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

We've largely played ok but you win and lose games based on mistakes and our players make too many because, to be brutal, they aren't quite good enough in most cases. They might be good enough in a couple of years but that will come too late for us. We make fundamental errors for goals conceded and don't have the firepower to retaliate.