What is the point ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 pm Maggy Drew was a bit anonymous today, yet another player we thought was brilliant but is wasting away in the conference.
Probably gives a crap on his £4K a week!
ARNU

Aint worth £400 on that showing. Good luck to him though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

We weren't exactly all that last season. I'd much rather have Gordon in the side than Howells and Pennell is better than Lokko all day. Romain I would always play because the guy doesn't give the defender a second of peace. Robinson is better than the likes of Adams and I'd much rather watch someone like Harfield put a shift in than the sort of performances Sparkes was putting in.

The difference is that we don't have those 3 or 4 who make all the difference. Robson Fejiri Ferrier and Boucaud would improve us hugely but we can't seemingly afford that handful of better players.
Granddad

If our players read this forum I wonder what they must be thinking. A little praise and loyalty could make them even more determined to get us out of trouble, but after reading some of the shit on here if it was me I wouldn't bother any more.]
RampantDuke

Granddad wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 pm If our players read this forum I wonder what they must be thinking. A little praise and loyalty could make them even more determined to get us out of trouble, but after reading some of the shit on here if it was me I wouldn't bother any more.]
Problem is Granddad there is no lack of effort from any of these players and so they don’t deserve dogs abuse (which some of our squads in recent years have done) but most people on this thread are just being honest. This team won’t keep us up no matter how motivated they are. If everyone is OK with relegation then we should all back off and get behind what we’ve got but I think relegation again would be a disaster. Took us 5 seasons to get out of that division last time we were in it.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
daggerfirst

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm Putting Kandi on for Nunn at right-back when Gavin Hoyte was sitting on the bench summed it up for me. Our best performers are either loanees or the scraps left from last season's squad. Not a single one of our signings has looked even remotely decent maybe with the exception of Munns, who looks okay from what brief glimpses we've had of him, but given that the new influx of money allowed us to bring him in, is hardly a worldbeater.
Tactics are poor and he keeps playing his favorites. McQueen is dyer. Bump
in the crowd today but expect less than 1000 next home game.
stanton101

Granddad wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 pm If our players read this forum I wonder what they must be thinking. A little praise and loyalty could make them even more determined to get us out of trouble, but after reading some of the shit on here if it was me I wouldn't bother any more.]
You don't get it mate do you. You can praise them all you like, but they're just not good enough!!! And no amount of effort is going to change it I'm afraid.
A fair percentage of this team, wouldn't get a game anywhere else and probably won't be here next season, unlike us fans who haven't the luxury to move on to support another team.
mickeyblue

Crack on son support like this is exactly what we need.
Tbh I should of added thks moji :stupid:
Complete tool
but we finished 9th!
DaggerJoel11

There's not many more tolerant sets of fans than us this season! We've been patient, very patient. There haven't been boos, jeers or even much negativity and infact every week the players will be clapped off for the very reason that we don't want to put more strain on them. But should that mean that we're not allowed to write opinions on a public forum created for that very purpose? Maybe if the players read this they'll realise where they're going wrong because I doubt that will be pointed out by anybody else.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RayleighDagger1986

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm Putting Kandi on for Nunn at right-back when Gavin Hoyte was sitting on the bench summed it up for me. Our best performers are either loanees or the scraps left from last season's squad. Not a single one of our signings has looked even remotely decent maybe with the exception of Munns, who looks okay from what brief glimpses we've had of him, but given that the new influx of money allowed us to bring him in, is hardly a worldbeater.
If Munns is better than most, then why isnt he starting. He's been with us now for a month so fitness wise would have improved. Has he not been taking part in the friendlies as well!
stanton101

mickeyblue wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:59 am Crack on son support like this is exactly what we need.
Tbh I should of added thks moji :stupid:
Complete tool
Remember this when we're in the conference south playing in front of 600.
And that's emoji with an E. Gobshite.
Auntie Merge

stanton101 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

+1 We are currently looking down the barrel of relegation to the Conference South. We need a dramatic change within 2 weeks to have any chance of staying up. We saw it with Burnett - Christmas is too late; action needs to be taken now.

We don’t seem to have even one hero player in the team (it could be Gavin Hoyte, but he is stuck on the bench). A player that turns the game around just by being on the pitch. Taylor still doesn’t seem to know his best players and some of the tactics are baffling, as has been mentioned elsewhere.

If the new owners are reading this forum I hope they are aware it will cost far less to keep us up
now than to try and drag overselves out of the Conference South.
bloke down the pub

If the players read this............Kick the ball at the goal.
BB-Dagger

:beg: Like most on here I think something has to be done very soon but I’m not sure it’s by changing the management! No lack of effort from the team yesterday but we desperately need some quality added to the team but at this stage of the season I would imagine there isn’t a lot of availability , our only hope is for some quality loan’s.
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm
stanton101 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

+1 We are currently looking down the barrel of relegation to the Conference South. We need a dramatic change within 2 weeks to have any chance of staying up. We saw it with Burnett - Christmas is too late; action needs to be taken now.

We don’t seem to have even one hero player in the team (it could be Gavin Hoyte, but he is stuck on the bench). A player that turns the game around just by being on the pitch. Taylor still doesn’t seem to know his best players and some of the tactics are baffling, as has been mentioned elsewhere.

If the new owners are reading this forum I hope they are aware it will cost far less to keep us up
now than to try and drag overselves out of the Conference South.
Hoyte has featured in 11 of our 16 games so far.
Has he been that player in any of them? He definitely wasn't in any that I've seen.
He's a distinctly average right back, not a player that's going to make a massive difference to any team.

Taylor doesn't seem to have a clear plan, but with the players available no manager is going to make any difference unless they're given a lot of money to use.