Shall We Pick A Team For You

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BB-Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:21 pm My team for Saturday. All would play with far more passion than those wearing the shirts on Tuesday.

Justham
Digger the Dog
SussexDagger
Gavin Hoyte
Arnu
Daggerman
Dagger4Eva
Devon Dagger
DaggerNewbie
Balanta
Auntie Merge

subs
Terry Harris
Dagger83
Mike the Dagger
Feckin unbelievable!! How did I not get in the team? Even after promising to tickle the spot with my big toe 😜
Alan

How the hell does Mike get selected ahead of me? Bloody manager’s favourites.
Auntie Merge

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:28 pm Ok Auntie Merge but if that was 30 years ago you will be a bit like me, as old as time. How about an impact sub
role
That may have been what John Still said 30 years ago, but I would beat half of our current team one on one. I’m quite fit at the moment.
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:53 pm How the hell does Mike get selected ahead of me? Bloody manager’s favourites.
yep. The problem is Mike has friends in higher places than the manager. Drop him at your peril.

You can join him on the subs bench if you can pull yourself away from the burgers.
Daggerman

Merge, I presume I’m captain! That’s if you still want to be my bird. :tongue:
Auntie Merge

Daggerman wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:09 pm Merge, I presume I’m captain! That’s if you still want to be my bird. :tongue:
Sigh.
The only reason women are called birds is because of the worms they pick up.

I’m happily single thanks. :bye:
Alan

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Alan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:53 pm How the hell does Mike get selected ahead of me? Bloody manager’s favourites.
yep. The problem is Mike has friends in higher places than the manager. Drop him at your peril.

You can join him on the subs bench if you can pull yourself away from the burgers.
But Mike has had far, far more burgers than me. I’m 6’ 2” as well, I could do a job at set pieces at both ends.
Daggerman

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:19 pm
Daggerman wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:09 pm Merge, I presume I’m captain! That’s if you still want to be my bird. :tongue:
Sigh.
The only reason women are called birds is because of the worms they pick up.

I’m happily single thanks. :bye:
So is that a no? :lol:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Anyhow getting back to the original question i am even more confused now then I was at the start.

Not one to tell the Manager his job but a team thats scored only 12 goals ,netting twice only once, says to me that defenders are not the issue.

A point further exacerbated by the fact they have not been tonked by anybody and have lost 8 of the 11 they have lost by the odd goal.

May have it wrong but if he considers there is a problem at the back god only knows what is his conclusion about what is going on up top

l
A S dagger97

Alan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:21 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 pm

But Mike has had far, far more burgers than me. I’m 6’ 2” as well, I could do a job at set pieces at both ends.
That's what we thought about Mullings. We won't let people's height fool us again sorry :tongue:
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DevonDagger

Pleased to have made Merge's team. I was once a great left winger at school but kept getting pushed to left back because some other kid played for a team which apparently meant he was automatically better. Lost appetite for it but glad I get a second wind here.

As it stands...

Justham
Nunn Goodliffe Manny Gordon
Robinson
Munns Bellamy Balanta
Adeloye Kandi
leewilson

Hard to say with the defence right now with a few new faces added.

Munns should definitely be playing in front of Bellamy and Robinson though. Balanta and Kandi either side. Adeloye up front. Hopefully, we get a winger to step in for Kandi (who I prefer as an impact sub - don't think he ever offers that much when starting).

Mullings can hopefully be binned soon although I have this horrible feeling Taylor quite likes him - goodness knows why.
Diggerthedog

Round my mums in Dagenham tomorrow, if I see Mullins is playing on twitter before the game I wont bother coming. :banghead:
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm Round my mums in Dagenham tomorrow, if I see Mullins is playing on twitter before the game I wont bother coming. :banghead:
If you’re not guaranteed for tomorrow, I’m
afraid you’re dropped.

Alan, bring your boots, you’re starting.
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm Round my mums in Dagenham tomorrow, if I see Mullins is playing on twitter before the game I wont bother coming. :banghead:
If you’re not guaranteed for tomorrow, I’m
afraid you’re dropped.

Alan, bring your boots, you’re starting.
Sorry boss! Do I still need to pay my subs?