21%
No its not his fault the players arnt good
23%
Not sure
6%

Total votes: 48
NBDag

Alan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 am
NBDag wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:39 pm Pretty sure our fans have good enough memories to know what happened last time we won two on the bounce.

All about the money? Arguably all about playing a right back at right back, a midfielder in midfield, and starting our best players elsewhere.
McQueen was a fullback before joining us.
He could play fullback, but he wasn’t a fullback, he was a winger. Hence why in his debut he was bought on for Kandi when we were chasing a game.
Alan

He played as a centre-mid and fullback at Spurs and full back at Carlisle.

Shall we criticise the manager for playing a fullback/centre-mid on the wing; there must be something we can do to criticise him, surely?
NBDag

Are you genuinely sticking up for Taylor for playing McQueen, who is now I believe our top scorer I may add, as right back over Hoyte when he quite clearly wasn’t one?

I’m not finding any reason to dig out Taylor. The fact is before these past two games, his team selection and tactics have been utter pants. We’ve all been saying it for ages and two wins don’t excuse how bad we have been. He deserves criticism and I’m sure he won’t deny that.
Alan

I’m saying that he played a player at right back who has been a fullback through this career, whereas you had suggested that he was playing a player at right back who was not a right back. Players sometimes end up being better in a position other than that you intended - eg another fullback, Vincelot.

I think the reasons for the last 2 results are multifactoral. But having a beast of a centre half and Balanta signing and getting 2 assists have been significant factors.
NBDag

He quite evidently isn’t a right back though, and even if he is, he clearly isn’t our best one. 3 of the 4 games we have won have been without him starting at right back. There is no way you can excuse McQueen being played there over Hoyte/Nunn and you must be the only person trying to do that.

No doubt they are significant factors but you can’t deny that he has been playing people out of position and now that we have players in their rightful place, we are better.

I’m not trying to keep a Taylor out campaign alive, my original post was just pointing out a counter-argument to those who think that after two wins, the sun now shines out of his arse. How dare I.
Diggerthedog

Jury is still out for me, will decide once we get a few more decent signings. No doubt the new signings have helped. Last time we won two in a row we then lost 5 on the bounce. A draw or win on Saturday will take us nicely into two week break for the players to charge their batteries.
Alan

NBDag wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:19 pm He quite evidently isn’t a right back though, and even if he is, he clearly isn’t our best one. 3 of the 4 games we have won have been without him starting at right back. There is no way you can excuse McQueen being played there over Hoyte/Nunn and you must be the only person trying to do that.

No doubt they are significant factors but you can’t deny that he has been playing people out of position and now that we have players in their rightful place, we are better.

I’m not trying to keep a Taylor out campaign alive, my original post was just pointing out a counter-argument to those who think that after two wins, the sun now shines out of his arse. How dare I.
I’m not excusing him playing there ahead of Nunn or Hoyte. I’d play either ahead of him at right back - if fit.

I’m not saying the sun shines out of his arse - in fact I’m absolutely certain that it doesn’t.

What I am saying is that McQueen has played most of his career as a fullback, so it’s not right to say he’s not been playing a fullback at fullback - he might not be our best option there, but who knows, he might at times have been the only fully fit option.
CharlieC

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:41 pm Jury is still out for me, will decide once we get a few more decent signings. No doubt the new signings have helped. Last time we won two in a row we then lost 5 on the bounce. A draw or win on Saturday will take us nicely into two week break for the players to charge their batteries.
Yep, agree with this. I think part of the issue after we won two games on the spin previously was we rested on our laurels and stuck with an average squad. Two good wins, but in my opinion, Taylor should still be under pressure, because of the way we’ve played for the majority of the season.

Give him credit though, the new signings look to be a class above what we previously had. Another striker and a midfielder who can help us get some control in the middle of the park would help massively now.
Bluenose

It was only a week ago that we played "hopeless", to use the word PT himself used