Essex Senior Cup

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

F/T 1 - 1 (Heybridge won 2-1 on penalties).
Daggers missed 4 penalties in the shoot out absolutely disgraceful.
Moore, Gordon, Davey, Wright, Hoyte, Bonds, Harfield, Kandi, Wilkinson, Reynolds, Mullings. Subs: Najia, Leighton, Salis, Hirst, Bellamy.
Dagdale

Well there's a surprise, do we ever really take any Cup competitions really seriously? Tag that in with Boxing day fixtures and its a no goer for me and many others.
dagger4eva

From the video of the shootout that 1 of our supporters posted up on FB there were actually a couple that were well saved, along with a couple of horrendous ones.

It may only be the Essex Senior Cup but it has to be concerning that such an apparently poor performance against Part Time, Isthmian League opposition was given, when you consider the supposed strength of the team, and the fact that with no real game for 2 weeks this was an opportunity for those playing to make their mark.

IMO it shows that if were to avoid relegation at LEAST another 3 players are going to be needed.
It also shows that the jury should still very much be out on Taylor & Harris.
Mark

For that xi to lose is pretty awful. I'd have been hoping the likes of Harfield Kandi Reynolds etc would be staking a claim. Maybe they think this cup is beneath them but it quite clearly isn't.

I know the squad was thrown together a bit in the summer but we have some very poor players.
EssexDagger!

Hopefully at least half of this cr*p can be offloaded in January... It goes to show how poor we have recruited this summer that these players cannot beat an isthmian league side at home! Pretty obvious that anybody other than the 11 players who started the Harrogate/Dover/Sutton games are nowhere good enough to keep us in this division... just hope we avoid any long term injuries between now & the end of the season.
ARNU

Let's not mess about anymore, only Hoyte is decent enough to possibly get 1st team action but obviously Taylor prefers McQueen. The others simply aren't upto it. It's not their fault but they should all be let go. If the new owners walk the walk they'll get rid of them as soon as possible. My tolerance of Taylor and Harris is being tested too. I think Liam Gordon could be good with the correct supervision.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

These people do have contracts though, so unless you are willing to pay them off, you can’t just get rid of them.
Richie

Harfield has shown enough to be kept on IMO - Even if we are in this make believe world where contracts can be torn up.
IanC

Gotta say the penalty shootout was bloody hilarious!
It was that bad everyone in attendance were just killing them selves laughing with each pen.
And then Mullings with his one yard run/walk up and back pass!!
The shootout alone was worth the entry fee,which we wouldn’t have needed if said player hadn’t missed a one on one with the keeper.
Player wise Reynolds’s,kandi,pavey Mullings shocking,and Leighton! Jesus
ARNU

Garfield will be working in maccy D's in a years time.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

From what I've seen Gordon is a decent player that just needs a bit of experience around to help him learn.

Hoyte hasn't shown that he's a better full back than Nunn at any point.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 pm From what I've seen Gordon is a decent player that just needs a bit of experience around to help him learn.

Hoyte hasn't shown that he's a better full back than Nunn at any point.
Agreed on Hoyte... The McQueen comparison is only really debating who is the second best right back in the squad anyway. Nunn far more solid. Big fan personality of Gordon but my goodness... 24 hours on and still shaking my head about yesterday
Diggerthedog

When you’ve got a small budget why have two high earning right backs? Puzzlingly really. It’s like me only having a budget for a nice car and a old banger runabout but ending up going out and buying two nice cars, I just would not do it.

We lost to Heybridge because of our small budget.....
stanton101

The thing should be done away with altogether.
It must cost us more in electric for a meaningless pile of cack cup.
All this giving players a run out nonsense, it's just a fixture that no one cares about.
Sagres

stanton101 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:00 pm The thing should be done away with altogether.
It must cost us more in electric for a meaningless pile of cack cup.
All this giving players a run out nonsense, it's just a fixture that no one cares about.
ATTENDANCE: 207