Ebbsfleet latest ...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

RampantDuke wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:57 pm Shame. I would have liked to see him back at the Daggers. Unfinished business and all that. I also think he could have kept us up this season. Obviously he isn't asking for much money at Ebbsfleet either. Missed opportunity?
Unfinished business? Crikey, I remember the mess he got us into, the Pipers, Jimmy Jackson, Leon Braithwaite, the 0-9 Hereford game.
dj johnny b

...and that's to say nothing of the Fitzroy Simpson debacle.
DagenhamDan

Alan wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:11 pm
RampantDuke wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:57 pm Shame. I would have liked to see him back at the Daggers. Unfinished business and all that. I also think he could have kept us up this season. Obviously he isn't asking for much money at Ebbsfleet either. Missed opportunity?
Unfinished business? Crikey, I remember the mess he got us into, the Pipers, Jimmy Jackson, Leon Braithwaite, the 0-9 Hereford game.
I remember the pipers they were like a comedy act!
Jackson wasn't awful just never as good as everyone said he would be and braithwaite had some good moments! Really enjoyed those days. Wouldn't want them again though 😂
Bluenose

For the youngsters here, what was the 'Fitzroy Simpson debacle'.?
Dagger83

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dj johnny b

To add to that: the FA eventually closed the case saying there was “ a lack of corroborative evidence.” This after 9 months + of less than transparent activity or lack of. So the case was unresolved, an unsatisfactory outcome for all parties involved. It left many of us with a sour taste. It was unfortunately at a time when some of our players suffered racist abuse from the terraces.
As to the general matter of wanting former players/managers back at the club...memories are so short in football!
Alan

DagenhamDan wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 pm
Alan wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:11 pm
I remember the pipers they were like a comedy act!
Jackson wasn't awful just never as good as everyone said he would be and braithwaite had some good moments! Really enjoyed those days. Wouldn't want them again though 😂
Braithewaite’s had some good moments? I recall only one, when he left.

I think the home defeat against Gravesend (?0-4) which ended his reign was worse than the 0-9.
Pondfield Dagger

in our up stairs bar on most match days, last at wrexham last month....seems to get on well with tommo, always slips into his seat in the carling stand, through the up stairs door and not through the turnstiles lol.