Bromley away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Honestly, was it any better today then most of the season ? In my opinion not really ,we have played to that level so often this season the difference is we now are putting the ball in the net, something Bromley would not have done if they stayed till Xmas day.

Both goals were taken clinically , the best two chances of the game and we put them away and that is what wins football matches.

Well done lads you are now getting the results your efforts since August deserve.

Oh and another good performance from our Goalkeeper ,coached only part time as well!
leewilson

I actually think that if you upgrade Phipps and McQueen (although they're fine for now), then you have a top 7 starting line up (made even stronger when Smith comes back for Pennell). Don't get me wrong, the quality of depth in the squad needs to be improved but that XI isn't far away at all. Winning 4 in 5 is no coincidence. That line up has physicality at the back, which belies their age, and craft behind the front man. We also seem to have stumbled onto a striker who maybe didn't offer enough at League 1 level but who looks to have an eye for goal with the extra little bit of space he may be afforded at this level.

Hopefully the next few months are a slow filtering out. Mullins, Reynolds and Wright as definites, probably followed by a few from Hoyte, Harfield, Bellamy and Davey. Then we can get the squad back to a reasonable number and perhaps add 1-2 bits of quality depth/competition in key areas. I'd still like a more accomplished right winger than McQueen long term.
RM1Dagger

Alan wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 pm Another great result. Taylor out?
Haha, I'm sure they'll be out again the next time we don't win, kinda difficult admitting you were maybe wrong.

I thought Bromley did put us under a fair bit of pressure today without creating clear cut chances, lots of throws and crosses into the box which were defended well with some decent goalkeeping.

And that's the big difference isn't it? The ability to do the basics at the back and not make stupid errors which we were doing earlier in the season. And a couple of guys who know where the net is.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dagdale

Fair bit of an avalanche of attack on daggers by Bromley second period and suppose if they still had a Louis Dennis or similar maybe a different outcome but not one viewer there yesterday could say our boys didn't deserve those three points. Really seems like a good solid all round unit now with settling in a promising place in the table in the next few weeks surely top priority, put''s also in form Havant and Waterlooville an interesting encounter Tuesday night now and if we can just win that one it would be incredible turn around and a good few glasses raised, well done everybody who followed us yesterday, did we have the craic or not?
RayleighDagger1986

leewilson wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:30 pm I actually think that if you upgrade Phipps and McQueen (although they're fine for now), then you have a top 7 starting line up (made even stronger when Smith comes back for Pennell). Don't get me wrong, the quality of depth in the squad needs to be improved but that XI isn't far away at all. Winning 4 in 5 is no coincidence. That line up has physicality at the back, which belies their age, and craft behind the front man. We also seem to have stumbled onto a striker who maybe didn't offer enough at League 1 level but who looks to have an eye for goal with the extra little bit of space he may be afforded at this level.

Hopefully the next few months are a slow filtering out. Mullins, Reynolds and Wright as definites, probably followed by a few from Hoyte, Harfield, Bellamy and Davey. Then we can get the squad back to a reasonable number and perhaps add 1-2 bits of quality depth/competition in key areas. I'd still like a more accomplished right winger than McQueen long term.
A right sided player/winger should be a priority. I think Phipps is doing ok. It can't be a coincidence that the teams recent run coincides with him, Munns, Manny and Wilkinson all starting. The balance of the team is about right and Taylor has found his best XI
Mark

We'll find it tough to move Davey on now he's done his knee ligaments. I liked the look of Bellamy too but need to see if he can stay fit. Phipps has come on loads from earlier in the season and it's testament to our coaching team. He said the gaffer gave him some clear things to improve on and he certainly seems more aggressive and gives the ball away less. Gordon has said similar so here's hoping he is going to come back stronger too.

We do need wide players as any injuries leave us well short. Reynolds maybe he can improve with coaching as he has all the tools but seems like he is almost scared to have the ball. Maybe a loan spell could help him.
DevonDagger

I thought it was a great away performance and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Bromley did control a fair portion of the game and nearly the entire second half, however, much of their attacking play appeared quite random and more in hope than expectation. On the flip side when we did get forward on occasions I felt we looked more likely to score and I was quite impressed with the passing and movement around the penalty area - it looked like we actually had a plan of how we were going to get the goals to win the game.

Justham made some excellent saves and deserves all the plaudits he gets. That said, I am convinced that Manny was our best player out there yesterday. I think he made one poor touch during the second half with presented them a chance but otherwise was completely solid and has frankly transformed the defence. I remember hearing he was on the cusp of Rotherham's team prior to coming here and the difference in standard is clear.

Jack Munns epitomises what we've felt about most of the squad during the season, he gives everything for the whole 90 - but not only that he also appears to be a decent player too!

When we signed Conor Wilkinson I was quick to post my concerns about him and his past record, but I am glad to see that so far he does seem intent on using this loan opportunity to kick-start his career again. He's been signed by more than half a dozen league clubs in his short career so far - this tells a few stories but one of those is clearly he must have some talent in him and yesterday I thought he looked like a proper 'footballer' by which I mean more than just a player to lump the ball up to - decent touch, looks to take on players and some decent pace too.
jag

A good performance and well taken goals, however I thought Peter Taylor was right in his interview after the game when he said that Elliott was far to busy, I thought that as a team we sat far to deep and allowed Bromley to come at us I thought Peter could have changed that situation at halftime as it continued well into the second half we can't keep riding our luck like that and relying on Elliott, I'll get a heart attack soon if it continues, really looking forward to Tuesday evenings game, well played lads .
lupins

One thing I do like about Peter Taylor is that he is pretty open and honest in his assessments of performance both team and individual
Makes a refreshing change