In
28%
Out
72%

Total votes: 64
EssexDagger!

Couldn’t put it better myself, NBDag! Spot on :nothing:

NBDag wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:14 am
DagenhamDan wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 pm Everyone seems to be changing their tune now. How fickle football fans are. COYD.
Think fickle is a strong choice in words. Think why most of us who wanted(?) Taylor out are happy to eat our words is because he’s actually started to win by changing the way we are set up, as we all wanted. Not like he’s proved us wrong with Wright in midfield, McQueen at the back and Mullins up top is it? But credit where credit’s due.

But let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, we have won 5 in the past 6 yet are somehow only 4 points clear. We aren’t anywhere near being safe yet, and looking at our fixtures in December it wouldn’t be out of the question if we find ourselves back in the bottom 4 come January. I suppose we just need to adopt a certain manager’s never-too-high attitude for the coming weeks.
Mike the Dagger

DagenhamDan wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:25 pm I dunno tbh. I have thought even if we get relegated this season with everything that went on everyone would still be grateful that we still have a club. But we got a manager in who wants to be here and wanted to improve us and everyone wanted him gone in three months. So maybe impatient is the word but Im glad everyone is back to supporting him again.
Define "everyone" in this context?
DagenhamDan

I know the votes changed now but at one point there was only 6 votes in and the rest out. Sorry the majority.
leewilson

Happy to eat my words.

Still feel that he didn't set us up well enough with what we had earlier in the season. Several selection decisions left me regularly baffled. However, he said that we'd be better off going forward in a few weeks once he sold Romain and he's come up trumps there. Long may this upturn continue.
NickMurphy

NBDag wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:14 am
DagenhamDan wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 pm Everyone seems to be changing their tune now. How fickle football fans are. COYD.
Think fickle is a strong choice in words. Think why most of us who wanted(?) Taylor out are happy to eat our words is because he’s actually started to win by changing the way we are set up, as we all wanted. Not like he’s proved us wrong with Wright in midfield, McQueen at the back and Mullins up top is it? But credit where credit’s due.

But let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, we have won 5 in the past 6 yet are somehow only 4 points clear. We aren’t anywhere near being safe yet, and looking at our fixtures in December it wouldn’t be out of the question if we find ourselves back in the bottom 4 come January. I suppose we just need to adopt a certain manager’s never-too-high attitude for the coming weeks.
More or less this. Credit where credit's due for Taylor, but that doesn't mean he wasn't wrong in some of his decisions towards the start of the season and it doesn't mean supporters weren't right to criticise during that time either. Long may the current good run continue.
ARNU

Some of the clowns calling for his head early on after about 3 games with basically a youth team patched together a few days before the season started might want to stick to their day jobs after all.

We all expected a grim season without investment yet a few weeks in you're calling for the ex England managers head. Couldn't make it up.

Can't help thinking If we'd have supported Burnett a bit more instead of being so fickle we'd probably still be in league 2 as well.

Off to get me coat !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:38 am Some of the clowns calling for his head early on after about 3 games with basically a youth team patched together a few days before the season started might want to stick to their day jobs after all.

We all expected a grim season without investment yet a few weeks in you're calling for the ex England managers head. Couldn't make it up.
Correct in all aspects.

My only real frustration was that he didn't seem to have a preferred shape he wanted to see us play. A couple of times we switched shape 3 times in a game, that can't be right, but options were severely limited.
ARNU wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:38 amCan't help thinking If we'd have supported Burnett a bit more instead of being so fickle we'd probably still be in league 2 as well.

Off to get me coat !
Surely your hat, not your coat?
Grimsweeper

FFS

Crying over Burnett AGAIN!!

This really is our very own Godwins law.
Mike the Dagger

Merry Christmas you mugs ;)

:grin:
Daggerman

Mike the Dagger wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:41 pm Merry Christmas you mugs ;)

:grin:
:clap:
A S dagger97

Said it before give him some time to get decent recruitments then we'll see.

Anyway... Taylor is God
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Stauton that sniff of what I was taking about 6 weeks ago was a substance made up of.

Common sense and patience nothing else
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 pm Stauton that sniff of what I was taking about 6 weeks ago was a substance made up of.

Common sense and patience nothing else
It's reverse psychology Essex.
NBDag

Bump
NBDag

NBDag wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:41 pmBump
This didn’t age well