Least Enjoyable Home Game Since When?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

I can’t fault the defence today though, every single one of them was solid as they have been for the past 10/11 matches now.. even Connor & Balanta up top caused havoc for the Barnet back line, they just never had enough support from the midfield where usually they have Munns & McQueen bombing on to support our attacks...

And don’t get me started on Reynolds.... :banghead:
[/quote]

We have given another goal away from a restart again !!!!

Who's fault is that then. Warned everybody that this Achilles heel would be our undoing and today it cost us big time. Stop that and we don't lose Mullins puts that away we win a game we had no right to. That said if it was O-0 doubt he even gets on the pitch . Pity he even gets on our bench
AVincelotFlyingLeap

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:23 pm One game too many for us and we looked very tired as the usual spark which we've carried for a few weeks deserted us. Probably our worst display since the cup game at home to Boreham Wood but even then it's encouraging that we still created a number of opportunities. The Balanta one-on-one, Reynolds' dribbling into the arms of the keeper for the 50th time this season and Mullings' superb defensive clearance are all three MASSIVE chances, and if any of them go in perhaps the momentum swings. Add to that the penalty, don't know whether it was or not and perhaps other people with better viewpoints could shed some light, but after scoring from that position against Havant I have no idea why Conor would go down.

All in all though a reality check but some perspective is still needed. Six points from this run of form is outstanding and every other team in the division would struggle to eclipse that tally against similar standard of opposition. Today Barnet were the better side and we were too defensive in midfield, meaning we essentially had the back five and the midfield duo of Phipps and Wright all sitting back. We lacked coherency whereas usually Munns would be that middle ground linking the defence and attack. As a result, Wilkinson and Angelo were isolated at times and we lost the midfield.

Barnet nothing special and it's frustrating to lose to a team who were very limited and quite one dimensional, however nobody can dispute that they were worthy winners. It's a bit of a wake-up call for us and perhaps that isn't a bad thing - we can't keep going 1-0 down to cheap goals and expect to perform last-gasp salvation acts. It's been a great few weeks though and nothing changes that, yes Taylor's tactics were questionable but when he finds out at very short notice that Munns and McQueen, two of our most important players recently, are unavailable then it can't be easy to implement a new system that we presumably haven't trained on.

Still the league's form team, still someone nobody wants to play, still creating big chances - today was just an off day but let's put it right on Tuesday. And, above all else, the visible drop-off in performance today is a testament to just how great that run was.

Good post. Thanks for your optimism.

Anyone else think Goodliffe was sensational today ?
EssexDagger!

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:30 pm I can’t fault the defence today though, every single one of them was solid as they have been for the past 10/11 matches now.. even Connor & Balanta up top caused havoc for the Barnet back line, they just never had enough support from the midfield where usually they have Munns & McQueen bombing on to support our attacks...

And don’t get me started on Reynolds.... :banghead:
We have given another goal away from a restart again !!!!

Who's fault is that then. Warned everybody that this Achilles heel would be our undoing and today it cost us big time. Stop that and we don't lose Mullins puts that away we win a game we had no right to. That said if it was O-0 doubt he even gets on the pitch . Pity he even gets on our bench
[/quote]

I’m Pretty sure set pieces are defended as a team and
not just as a back 4 or 5, especially us who don’t leave a single attacker forward, we have the the whole 11 players back in the box. If you blame the defenders for that goal, then what about the 3 or 4 times, the likes of Clarke & Goodliffe saved us today with last ditch tackles...
Mark

Goodliffe was superb today.

The set piece dropped just over Wright who was on the side of the 6 yard box and the challenged header plopped towards goal and hit the forward on the hip and went in. Once the loose ball drops you'd hope we'd get there first or the player marking the scorer to prevent it going goalwards. It was really sloppy.
Alan

Depressingly predictable reactions - off the back of a fantastic run we narrowly lose aafter playing poorly in a game where we were missing Robinson, Munns and McQueen from midfield amd our bench was so thin you could see the splinters. Chill out and move on people.
Mike the Dagger

Alan wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:35 pm Depressingly predictable reactions - off the back of a fantastic run we narrowly lose aafter playing poorly in a game where we were missing Robinson, Munns and McQueen from midfield amd our bench was so thin you could see the splinters. Chill out and move on people.
Spot on. We have a good first XI and little to back it up at the moment. It wasn't long ago we had a good first VI and little behind it.

Move on.
Alan

Put it this way: how many of those moaning would have taken 6 points from Salford, Orient and Barnet?
Diggerthedog

People are right to be concerned, with the amount of players we have coming up where loans or contracts expire is a bit of a worry, the players to replace them are as poor as the performance yesterday.
dagger4eva

Very frustrating result yesterday.

1st half we were worse than sluggish, players looked like they had been on the port Boxing day evening, with Barnet allowed to completely dominate the game and deservedly went ahead.

2nd half was a lot better, we actually got the ball down a bit and played with a bit of tempo and urgency.

A shitter of a goal to concede and how we didnt score 1 of the two 1on1's OR Shamble Mullins free header from 5 yards I will never know. That has to be worse than Marvellous Marvins miss V Orient and l never wanna see that bloke in a dagenham shirt ever again.

Was clear as hell what a big loss it was to be missing both Munns and Mqueen - they cant get back soon enough.

6 pts from the last 3 games is still a great return, a nice double over the O's and everything will look rosy again!
BB-Dagger

We got what we deserved yesterday, NOTHING. If it were almost any other club I could accept we had an off day but I really wanted to turn Barnet over because of what has gone on in the last few months, but never mind because we’ve had a good points return so far over the festive period, and the result against orient was very satisfying,all we need to round it off is some sort of positive result on New Year’s Day but to be honest I’m not expecting anything if we put a similar team out.
Keane Handley

My report and views on yesterday’s game but also highlighting Kenny Clark’s 🌟 performance and some of his great challenges.
http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/?m=1
RM1Dagger

Good report but Reynolds' had no business squaring it, his first touch was simply shocking which allowed Cousins to make an easy save when a better touch would have meant an easy finish. No mention of McQueen missing either which was a big loss.

Keep up the good work.
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

What a very very bad performance. Shows how important Munns and McQueen are. Where is Bellamy? We desperately need some depth to back up a very talented 11. Also don’t get how Mullins is getting on the bench ahead of Adeloye and anyone else in the universe.

What’s really annoying though is that I brought about 5 mates with me yesterday, who haven’t been over to the club since the league one days. Also bumped into another two mates there (very popular, I know) who again haven’t been over in years. Absolutely no chance of them returning again. Wonder how many other floaters that game has cost us following Orient? All were also very miffed that they couldn’t get a beer at half time. When will they open a poxy bar!!!
Mark

We lost a lot of floating fans from boxing day despite an exciting game. Casuals never seem to stick around.

Bellamy should be available around the next couple of games, as should Smith.

I can only assume Tomi is injured. I will say though that Mullings missed a sitter as Tomi has many times this season, and he wasn't one of the worst 3 players on the pitch, I really struggle to understand why he is singled out. He's not very good but he's not alone there.
Adrian

Mark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:10 pm We lost a lot of floating fans from boxing day despite an exciting game. Casuals never seem to stick around.

Bellamy should be available around the next couple of games, as should Smith.

I can only assume Tomi is injured. I will say though that Mullings missed a sitter as Tomi has many times this season, and he wasn't one of the worst 3 players on the pitch, I really struggle to understand why he is singled out. He's not very good but he's not alone there.
He was written off by a few before he'd even played for us and they won't budge on him. Some of the grief he got yesterday was just silly.
People moaning that he didn't jump for a ball that was coming in at his chest.
The miss was terrible, but so was Reynolds control when he was put through. No-one has mentioned that Balanta had a bit of a shocker as well yesterday.