Orients real ale selection

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Why can`t we have selection of real ales like this
Attachments
O`s bar.jpg
Diggerthedog

Because we don’t have 5000 home fans to drink them.
BB-Dagger

Could it be because we don’t get as many punters through the door as orient so wouldn’t sell as much?
Daggers ale has been off in our clubhouse last 2 home games and the festival ale wasn’t to my taste so perhaps a bit more effort wouldn’t go amiss with other guest ales.
Grimsweeper

yep, very obvious point.

But one good, well kept, Local guest ale shouldnt be beyond us.

in the mid 90's there was always one guest ale in the upstairs bar.
Was always in good condition and pulled correctly.

Now the ale that is on in the upstairs bar doesnt pull through and the "daggers " ale downstairs is dull dishwater.
RayleighDagger1986

They could start selling ale by the bottle
Grimsweeper

They do already inexplicably from a brewery in Wiltshire.

I think the point of this thread is discussing the cask beer offered by the club.
Alan

Loads of good breweries in the area.

The Daggers ales are like picking horses because you like the names rather than because they are any good.
Grimsweeper

yep, Five points and ELBC are producing some great beers in east London.

Crouch vale and Mighty oak if you go the other way into Essex.

Pint of Worthingtons creamflow anyone?.....thought not.
Daggerfrom70s

Was in the downstairs bar on Boxing Day. Had the worst pint of Guinness I can remember. Not at its best when served warm??? I wonder how many people just stick to the one pint. They certainly did themselves out of a few bob as there were 3 of us potentially celebrating a great win.
Diggerthedog

Daggerfrom70s wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 pm Was in the downstairs bar on Boxing Day. Had the worst pint of Guinness I can remember. Not at its best when served warm??? I wonder how many people just stick to the one pint. They certainly did themselves out of a few bob as there were 3 of us potentially celebrating a great win.
The levels of bar staff upstairs on boxing day was non existent and was 5-6 deep at times, I turned up at 12 and was served at 12:20 so 6 pints become 3 pints for my group of 3, many saw the queues and did not bother.