Josh Widdowson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
canveydagger

Just seen this interview with Josh Widdowson, Just wonder what people think of him after this. I know he was a bit of a marmite person when he was with us.

https://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/ ... -1-5837083
Mark

Don't really expect him to say anything else after he's been booed every time we played them. If we're giving it out he's free to give a bit back.

I thought he was quite a poor player for us and I know there are rumours he wanted to go to Orient and agreed a deal verbally the previous season, but I've no idea whether it's true.

One thing I will say is that if he gets a league winners medal he's a very fortunate man to be in the right place at the right time. They'll drop him like a stone once they're up though.
EssexDagger!

Agreed, he has took his fair share of stick off some Dagenham fans so he is well within his rights to give a bit back, if that’s by saying “he doesn’t wish us well this season” then that’s his choice... how many daggers wish The O’s well in their push for promotion...
Alan

Can’t blame him given that the residents of div corner sing that he is a c*** whenever he returns.

Quite what he did to deserve the level of abuse he gets is beyond me.
BB-Dagger

To be honest I don’t give a flying f#k about any other team, and as far as widowson is concerned I care even less about his thoughts and opinions, as previously mentioned he will be dropped like a hot potato if whorient go up because he just aint good enough for L2,
NBDag

He should have got 3 bookings yesterday which probably added to a lot of the heckles. Then there is the fact that he was shite for us in league two and didn’t stand out much in the conference like Boucaud or Cousins did. Probably why he gets so much compared to Ling (who was booed a lot at the home match). Not to forget that everyone saw Ling to Orient coming the moment his dad went there, so wasn’t as much of a shock I guess.

But he’s in his right to not like us and I don’t blame him or care.
Dagdale

I think this has got rather sad all this, I remember when he first left daggers he remarked (pretty sure it was the same paper) quite openly that he loved his time at daggers and wished us all the very best, always preached nothing wrong with rivalry but its a real shame that when anything gets personal it puts a right downer at a day at football. I thought looking at how well he played in the two games against us he was their best player.
ayrisdagger

I’m still stuck on who JOSH Widdowson is?
Adrian

Alan wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:12 pm Can’t blame him given that the residents of div corner sing that he is a c*** whenever he returns.

I assume it's part of the stupid need to pretend we have some sort of rivalry with Orient and Barnet, two clubs that on the whole don't really care about us.

I didn't like Widdowson as a player, but can't see any reason to boo him or call him names.
I thought he did us a favour by going.
He's not the first player to move on and won't be the last.
RM1Dagger

Alan wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:12 pm Can’t blame him given that the residents of div corner sing that he is a c*** whenever he returns.

This ^
Empty vessels make most noise...

Had two good games against us. Was a threat going forward Boxing Day, was a bit more defensive yesterday, but battled well against Wilkinson and didn't come off any worse.
Now the SE27 Dagger
stanton101

:
ayrisdagger wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:18 pm I’m still stuck on who JOSH Widdowson is?
It could be Joe's sister.
Auntie Merge

I don’t understand this booing of players who used to play for us. If someone pulled on a Daggers shirt why would you boo them for moving on? We always used to cheer and clap former players.

Booing should be saved for the real villians, the Daryl Clares and Anthony Eldings of this world. Though often all it ever does is spurn them on to score against us.
Diggerthedog

It’s just a bit of banter with a player that played poorly for us and had the cheek to turn a contract down and sign for a local rival. I’m more embarrassed by the 500 that bothered turning up for once at an Away game and just sat there arms crossed moaning. Why bother going if your not going to get behind the team and just sit there and moan, it was like being back in the sieve again.
Mark

I'm not sure about Orient not being bothered about us Adrian. Their fans seem to really like stoking the rivalry with their comments online and the songs they've been singing. I'm not really sure why, it's a bit pathetic on their part to take such delight in beating our little club. I think it's quite funny tbh, it's a bit like us trying to lord it over someone like Hornchurch with their 200 fans.
Bluenose

On the other hand, Craig Robson did a lap of clap at the end of the Barnet game and was roundly applauded back. That was nice.