Wilkinson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Connor had returned to Gillingham.
BB-Dagger

Shame, we will miss his goals and his persistence, I wish him all the best for the future.
Good news is we had the foresight to get Mullins on a season long loan. :whistle:
Mark

His loan expired so you'd expect it, but announcing it in this way would imply they want to sell him or loan him to a higher standard. I'd be surprised if we can compete for his signature but I'd absolutely love him to come back.
EssexDagger!

Massive Blow!!! Him and Balanta were beginning to form a frightening partnership up top between them.

Need a replacement now without doubt, I like Adeloye a lot but Connor took us to that next level, I don’t think Tomi is at the same level currently.
ARNU

Mullins has the chance to step up to the plate now. With better service he might just surprise the same people that wanted Taylor out and the TBS not to have daggers fans in it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Absolutely GUTTED to be losing Conor Wilkinson.

Been an absolute god send these last few weeks and particularly his performance on Saturday, when despite getting an absolute kicking from the Boreham Wood defenders, carried on ploughing through them, playing to a phenomenal standard.

If we aren't able to get him back, will be a big loss!

As for Mullins ..... no thank you very much - that bloke should never set foot in our 1st team ever again!
EssexDagger!

Mullins deemed not good enough for Maidstone who currently sit 2nd from bottom in our league, surely if he was good enough to lead our front line then Maidstone would have him leading theirs, especially with the relegation battle they have on their hands.

I would love for Mullins to prove the doubters wrong but I just can’t see him pulling the through and making the whole team tick as Wilko did for us
Mark

Mullings is never going to be as good as Wilko, but who is? How many 6ft 3 strikers with pace, agility, dribbling ability and a cannon of a shot play in this division? None.

Mullings is finished at daggers. I think he's nowhere near as bad as some make out, but neither has he really impressed when given a chance. Even if he miraculously scored in his next 2 appearances, people still wouldn't get off his back. And it's self sustaining in that a player taking that much stick during the game is never likely to play well, meaning those having a pop are almost certain to be proven 'right'. If we carry on this way with any striker that fails to hit the ground running, it'll only be us that suffer as the confidence drains from the team.
CharlieC

It’s either us or Gillingham for the rest of the season for Wilkinson, as I’m sure there’s FIFA rules that state you can’t play for more than two teams in one season. That should in theory put us in a better position to get him on loan until the end of the season.

At the start, I’d say Mullings got unfair treatment, being written off by people before they had seen him play. His performances since then, however, have shown that he is nowhere near good enough for this level. If Wilkinson doesn’t return on loan, hopefully Adeloye can get more of a run in the team alongside Balanta, or we look to replace him with another striker of pedigree.
stanton101

If they lose Eaves whose their top goalscorer, then it's fair to say he'll stay there. Real shame for us.
RayleighDagger1986

If Adeloye or Mullings are not good enough to be first team players then there's no point in keeping them at the club. I would personally go with Adeloye but if we have to bring in another striker then what's the point of having them on our books..
Mark

You can't terminate the contract of players without paying them off. I can't imagine too many are queueing up to take them on the same wages they have here.
ARNU

Has this been announced on our website? Nothing on it I can see. Nothing on FB either.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Gillingham tweeted that he’s returned.
DevonDagger

Heard a lot about whether Conor can play for a third team this season. I'm still not sure but...
Unless the rule has changed from 2017 - it appears he can't unless they are non-professional. So we're talking certain National League clubs or lower

I cannot therefore see any way Gillingham can sell Conor, if that's what they want, to anyone other than us.