Gutless performance

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Gateshead wanted it more than us, and we all know that when Kandi or Harfield are coming on we’ve definitely lost the game.
Gateshead pressed and chased every ball. Where’s Adoloye ? Where’s Hoyte ?
I been quite supportive of Taylor but today was not his finest work. Taking off one of the only players putting in a decent shift and sarcastically clapping the crowd for showing our displeasure. Fair enough if kandi comes on and scores a hat trick but he didn’t ( again).

Doug loft ain’t pulling up any trees , poor old Lamar Reynolds could play till midnight and wouldn’t score I’m afraid and I knew Wilkinson wasn’t gonna score that penalty.

We deserved nothing today and that’s what we got. Can’t see where our next win is coming from either.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Gateshead had 2 chances and scored both - one was a needlessly conceded penalty.

We had enough clear cut chances to win but failed to take them. Reynolds alone had three first half, Clark missed the target with a free header first half and of course we missed a penalty.
NBDag

Absolutely awful. Everyone was shit. It was definitely a penalty in my opinion, granted the ref let loads of similar fouls go (as per) but when you do that in the box it’s always going to be given. Loft gave a performance reminiscent of Kavin Maher, absolutely dreadful.

Lemar- Lemar, Lemar, Lemar. I feel sorry for him in a way. I don’t think he lacks effort, and I don’t think he’s asked for Taylor’s hopes to be misplaced with him. But the bloke just isn’t good enough. And he’s never going to get better when the entire ground is waiting for him to put a foot out of line. Adeloye has to play next week and Reynolds never again.

Perhaps a tale of “what if” if the ref didn’t bottle sending off their number 6 (perhaps he was too focussed on Wilkinson’s socks), but today was just so dreadful.

Taylor hasn’t learned the lessons that put us in the relegation zone earlier this season. McQueen still isn’t a wingback, and our best players belong on the pitch not the bench.
RampantDuke

A smart manager who is on a run like this and increasingly under pressure does not take off the most energetic and creative player in our team, let alone one of the most popular. What the dickens was he thinking? And Cheeky Kandi comes on? Behave yourself Taylor.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
EssexDagger!

Agrees’d NBDag.. you have hit the nail on the head, Taylor hasn’t learnt from the mistakes earlier on in the season, and can be the only person who can be held accountable!

McQueen as a RWB never worked the first few months of the season and is not going to work now! Alex will run his socks off all day long for you, & he has proven that when he is played higher up the pitch alongside Munns they give Wilkinson the support he requires, not lonely in assists but chipping in with goals too! What must Wilko
think when he is getting kicked from pillar to post and looks round for a hand and see’s Reynolds and Kandi along side him... deary me!

Where’s our old experienced pro Gavin Hoyte? One player who can actually play RWB, and play it very well !
Has he left the club? Or suffering a mysterious long term injury that we no nothing about?

Has poor jack Munns got it written into his contract that he has to be taken off between 60-70 minutes each week?
stanton101

Truly awful. Fed up listening to the managers post match shit and what's with the sarcasm.
Fans pay or have already paid good money to watch this rubbish. We've been shit for a few weeks now and are getting worse.
I don't understand how some decent players are either dropped for no apparent reason or simply never get a game. And just what the f..k does he see in Reynolds or kandi?
Absolutely piss poor.
Adrian

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:21 pm Agrees’d NBDag.. you have hit the nail on the head, Taylor hasn’t learnt from the mistakes earlier on in the season, and can be the only person who can be held accountable!

McQueen as a RWB never worked the first few months of the season and is not going to work now! Alex will run his socks off all day long for you, & he has proven that when he is played higher up the pitch alongside Munns they give Wilkinson the support he requires, not lonely in assists but chipping in with goals too! What must Wilko
think when he is getting kicked from pillar to post and looks round for a hand and see’s Reynolds and Kandi along side him... deary me!

Where’s our old experienced pro Gavin Hoyte? One player who can actually play RWB, and play it very well !
Has he left the club? Or suffering a mysterious long term injury that we no nothing about?

Has poor jack Munns got it written into his contract that he has to be taken off between 60-70 minutes each week?
Why are people still banging on about Hoyte. He isn't a wing back, and doesn't play there well at all. He's just a very average full back.
He's started 10 games (mostly against some poor teams) this season and we won 2 of them. He isn't a player that makes a difference - he never has been.

His signing was a bit odd in the first place as we already had a good enough right back.

I wouldn't describe today a gutless. We could have been 3 or 4 up before the penalty and played some good stuff. It just completely fell apart once they scored.
Reynolds shouldn't be playing games at this level, he just is nowhere near good enough. I'd be disappointed with not burying the one that the defender blocked, and I'm a terrible footballer. He's also a bit lazy. Their second came from him not bothering to apply any pressure to the centre back.

Not sure why Loft is getting criticised. He's doing the job he's there to do - he frees up Robinson and Munns and tends to make the tackles that are needed and looks to pass to his team mates. If he was Andre Boucaud he'd be getting lauded for what he does.

I feel really sorry for Wilkinson. He seemed to be trying to play centre midfield and up front at times today just so he could get some service.
EssexDagger!

Just think Hoyte at RWB would make more sense than playing the teams second highest goal scorer (Mcqueen) there and taking away his threat from further up the pitch,where we need him!
Round pegs in round holes and all that, Hoyte is surely a better defender than Mcqueen?
ARNU

Hoyte must have gobbled off and Taylor has retaliated by dropping him altogether. Fair enough but he has persisted with players who are nowhere near as good or as experienced Hoyte. I’m sure the last game Hoyte played in we won.
Diggerthedog

Tomi Adeloye scored two in the week and don’t even make the bench (mangers words in the prematch interview) at least the mangers choice who had a mare at Wrexham Reynolds missed two sitters to prove me wrong. Options on the bench just so negative.

After the game finished we had 7 players who did or did not feature doing some sort of warm down and the 3 players from the 17 man Squad and firmly in the play offs from Gateshead doing the same. Budgets anyone....

At least he gave Beckham the captaincy.
Mark

Easy to find stats to prove any point. The manager clearly doesn't fancy Hoyte despite him never having one game as bad as Nunn has had 5. McQueen looked better in the midfield 3 this season cos he's a bit different and runs beyond the forwards. The midfield 3 today were sterile.

Loft slows the game down so much. He does seems like Boucaud - under Burnett! Sideways, ponderous, any forward balls are given away. People do need to give him a chance tho, sarcastically applauding him on only his second home game is really poor. And clearly the manager wants us to play this way with Loft as the hub.

Wilko did very well dropping deeper but unfortunately that leaves Reynolds as the striker and he isn't good enough. He stretched the game, got into plenty of good positions... But when he gets the ball there's zero product.

Think it's harsh to say it was gutless, we had plenty of chances. We should have won the game but I never felt we would.
Adrian

ARNU wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:02 pm Hoyte must have gobbled off and Taylor has retaliated by dropping him altogether. Fair enough but he has persisted with players who are nowhere near as good or as experienced Hoyte. I’m sure the last game Hoyte played in we won.
You'd be wrong then. The last game he started was the loss to the Orient. He's started in only two wins all season. Both we away games.
Our record without him is better than with him.

The only player that has been used ahead of him in the same position for any real time is Nunn. Hoyte isn't any better than him, and at this level they have similar experience.
Adrian

Mark wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:11 pm Easy to find stats to prove any point. The manager clearly doesn't fancy Hoyte despite him never having one game as bad as Nunn has had 5. McQueen looked better in the midfield 3 this season cos he's a bit different and runs beyond the forwards. The midfield 3 today were sterile.

Loft slows the game down so much. He does seems like Boucaud - under Burnett! Sideways, ponderous, any forward balls are given away. People do need to give him a chance tho, sarcastically applauding him on only his second home game is really poor. And clearly the manager wants us to play this way with Loft as the hub.

Wilko did very well dropping deeper but unfortunately that leaves Reynolds as the striker and he isn't good enough. He stretched the game, got into plenty of good positions... But when he gets the ball there's zero product.

Think it's harsh to say it was gutless, we had plenty of chances. We should have won the game but I never felt we would.
That's true.
But 2 wins with a player against 11 without him don't really do anything to suggest that the player deserves to be playing. The same stats also suggest we're generally better when Will Wright and Lamar Reynolds don't start games.

From what I saw of him at the beginning of the season he showed no reason why he should be playing ahead of anyone else.
A bit like Adeloye he seems to get better the less he plays.
Adrian

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:44 pm Just think Hoyte at RWB would make more sense than playing the teams second highest goal scorer (Mcqueen) there and taking away his threat from further up the pitch,where we need him!
Round pegs in round holes and all that, Hoyte is surely a better defender than Mcqueen?
But he's not a wing back either. He's a full back. He's better defensively, but does very little going forward. You're just using a different type of sqaure peg in the round hole.
ARNU

You don’t like Hoyte Adrian, I get it.
I don’t think anyone is blaming Hoyte for any of our losses with or without him.
Surely having him on the bench at least offers more that Harfield and kandi ever gives us.
Ben Nunn can play like a tool though can’t he ? Hoyte is taking a wage whether he plays or not I’d imagine. He is better and more experienced than most of our team and I can’t remember him having a really terrible game for us. Whatever your opinion this is the result of some falling out rather than ability.