Club development plans

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

The Club is pleased to advise fans that an application has been put in to build a new two storey addition to the Clubhouse which will include a brand-new state of the art Daggers Club Shop and Boardroom

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-Lc7-zhq ... 09i_I_MagM
ARNU

Must’ve posted at the same time as me.

Good news though innit ?

I noticed on FB people already moaning that the money should be spent on players. I’m sure they can comfortably do both, might even get my roof.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Predictable enough that there’s moaning.

Isn’t it a good idea to improve the first impression that people get and to rip out the current club shop/offices? If you want people to come to the club - not just on match days - it has to look less of a shit hole.
Mike the Dagger

The owners have made clear their strategy every time on this, that they want to improve the match day experience.

The current club shop in the temporary building is frankly falling down and looks terrible, and happens to be the first building encountered on the way in from Victoria Road. Building something that is attractive and modern there is a no brainer if you have the money to do it TBH.

That is not to say that a winning side does not also add to the match day eperience, and also needs addressing. I think that this just proves once again that Trinity are in for the long run not for a quick, chuck money at the team and hope for the best effort and should be welcomed and applauded.
NBDag

Yupp as others have said, they’re first investing in things that will still be here in 5+ years time, which makes me think that they will be too. I’m sure spending on the ground isn’t in lieu of players (as we saw with the seats) and we will also get more talent in over the summer.

Interesting to see the badge they have used in the graphics. Maybe they aren’t looking at changing it again as some have expected.
Mark

I think it's a great idea and getting rid of that eyesore in the car park will be welcome. Also need some attention on the back of the club buildings which seem to be clad in rotting plywood. Really bad impression for those entering from pondfield park.
dagger4eva

Another who is very happy to see some more work on the club / clubhouse itself.
The red monstrosity in the car park is clearly a complete eyesore and will be well rid.

There are clearly numerous other things in the ground that need sorting too - not least the toilets and some actual soap dispensers and perhaps emply a cleaner or 2 that actually "clean" .... but obviously 1 step at a time :lol:

If we can too clear out some of the dead wood from within the squad and rebuild wisely, next season could be a VERY enjoyable one !!
lupins

We have owners who want to do things the right way and are committed to growing the Club. There is no downside to this.
This development and others are part of that and not at the expense of the Team
redboy

Investing into the assets of the club is fine, as long as this doesn’t cut into the playing budget. The clubhouse looks great now but I’d swap that every day for success on the pitch. I honestly believe that the best way to attract new supporters is by having a winning team.
RayleighDagger1986

Maybe the plan is to do both
Alan

On the subject of entering via Pondfield, the gate at the top of the path is always closed, with the one next to the path open, forcing you off the smooth path onto rough ground. If the gate cannot be opened, could the area in front be smoothed?
Diggerthedog

redboy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:21 am Investing into the assets of the club is fine, as long as this doesn’t cut into the playing budget. The clubhouse looks great now but I’d swap that every day for success on the pitch. I honestly believe that the best way to attract new supporters is by having a winning team.
Understand this point but first impressions are vital, currently walking in to the car park its all just a mess really and this really looks the part. The A13 stand experience is what people expect at football these days, the terracing we have is very unsuitable for families and the view from the family stand is quite frankly crap. So far we have had new seats, new screen and now the changes to the clubhouse, great start.

Given the signings of Wilkinson, Balanta and Clarke who are all superb for this level, I can only see quality signings to accompany this lot.
rebeldagger

The plans look brilliant, I'll be pleased to see the back of that red eyesore in the parking lot. From this and the other additions around the ground it's clear that the Americans are keen on improving the whole match day experience, which can only be a good thing.

Now let's see what additions they'll be bringing to the squad!
mikew

. The new clubhouse and shop will increase footfall to the ground as well -. We will be so noticable to traffic etc not tucked away we will be a tangibile part of the community - i think we shouldnt underestimate the work of the daggers trust in visiting schools etc etc. and spreading the word. . As others have said - they announced this when we wasnt even safe 9 we now are i know ) - this is further demonstration this is a long haul project and we are in safe hands - there building from the base up- which has to be a good thing. They address the team for short term with good quality signings mid season. - and now they have time to really have a go- i am intrigued who will be coming in. My view is a simple one. a good class winger who can supply one of the ares we have proven quality our front two. .
ARNU

mikew wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:17 pm . The new clubhouse and shop will increase footfall to the ground as well -. We will be so noticable to traffic etc not tucked away we will be a tangibile part of the community - i think we shouldnt underestimate the work of the daggers trust in visiting schools etc etc. and spreading the word. . As others have said - they announced this when we wasnt even safe 9 we now are i know ) - this is further demonstration this is a long haul project and we are in safe hands - there building from the base up- which has to be a good thing. They address the team for short term with good quality signings mid season. - and now they have time to really have a go- i am intrigued who will be coming in. My view is a simple one. a good class winger who can supply one of the ares we have proven quality our front two. .
You’re far to sensible for this forum mate lol !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !