Well done Peter Taylor.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Well it might not be that popular a thing to say but Well done Peter Taylor. Guaranteed safety with 3 games to go and as it turns out we were safe before kick off today. I just hope the last few games we go out and give them a good go.
We’d have all accepted that before the season started wouldn’t we ?
Roll on next season .
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Shroud_of_hope

Credit where it’s due he did what was wanted of him. Now nothing personal I think we need a different direction to get out of this league.
Diggerthedog

He’s done the job we wanted him to do but only because he got some money to spend. I dread to think had the extra funds not come in we would have been gone by February. Bar a 10 game spell it’s been dreadful to watch most of the games I’ve witnessed.

Some great results against Salford Away and Orient at home but let’s not forget the likes of Dover at home and Gateshead Away. I woulds say thanks but move on, but if he is here I hope he goes for it as we have a decent spine set to stay.

COYD
ARNU

I’m not sure pep guadiola would have done any better with the squad we started with though. Who else was up for the job when we were in the shit at the beginning of the season and I don’t mean ex players like Arber or people that still are unemployed in football management. Who were the other names in the frame ?
Nobody who was worth a look I’d imagine. Don’t get me wrong some of Taylor’s selections and tactics have been hard to watch and I enjoyed the boo we gave him v Gateshead but he’s overachieved and instead of all the bullshit that came with JS he’s done what he said he’d do. He did say we’d have a better team at the end of the season than at the start and that’s pretty much what has happened. Rather Taylor and his faults than some bullshitting no mark.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
HGDagger

Jody Brown to become first team manager at the end of the season?
Oxhead

Nonsense
stanton101

Well done PT, and thanks.
Now shut the door on your way out.
If only.
A S dagger97

Well done PT indeed, now whatever the club decide to do with him I'll l back the decision but we definitely need to approach games with a lot less fear next season, and with better quality bought in to add to the decent players we keep hold of, we should be competing for top 7 IMO
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
dagger4eva

Definitely a great achievment to stay up with games to spare, and obviously a big well done to PT, TH and all the players.
Agree with DTD that it was almost certainly only made possible by the guys at Trinity Sports enabling us to improve the playing squad.

With respect to PT its such an odd one that im struggling to work out.

When he 1st came, seemed full of fight, had quite a positive demeanour about him, we attacked games even if coming up short most times. He made appearances in the upstairs bar after games to thank fans, and there seemed to be a bit of a good bond developing.

Now, he just seems a bit resentful and bitter that supporters of miserly Dagenham & Redbridge would ever have the cheek to question some of the decisions he's made. Never smiles, always seems to be sulking off down the tunnel on his own and not been seen in the bar for months.

He is clearly here next season so ill be behind him 100% from the outset, I just hope along with some further, much needed squad changes, there is a fresh start approach all round and we can get the feel good factor back to the club again on a matchday.
RM1Dagger

dagger4eva wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am Definitely a great achievment to stay up with games to spare, and obviously a big well done to PT, TH and all the players.
Agree with DTD that it was almost certainly only made possible by the guys at Trinity Sports enabling us to improve the playing squad.

When he 1st came, seemed full of fight, had quite a positive demeanour about him, we attacked games even if coming up short most times. He made appearances in the upstairs bar after games to thank fans, and there seemed to be a bit of a good bond developing.

Now, he just seems a bit resentful and bitter that supporters of miserly Dagenham & Redbridge would ever have the cheek to question some of the decisions he's made. Never smiles, always seems to be sulking off down the tunnel on his own and not been seen in the bar for months.

He is clearly here next season so ill be behind him 100% from the outset, I just hope along with some further, much needed squad changes, there is a fresh start approach all round and we can get the feel good factor back to the club again on a matchday.
He's probably (correctly) fed up with constant criticism from a vocal minority when the FACTS are he's done a very good job.

And great post Arnu btw

Teams go on dodgy runs like every team that isn't anywhere near the best in their league - it happens . PT hasn't got it right in every game but overall he's done the business. He kept us in touch early doors and then made some great signings in Manny, Clark, Goodliffe (to extend) and very obviously Wilko who's goals have kept us up. PT (and presumably his management team etc) deserve huge credit for spotting that these guys could make the real difference.

Some questionable team selections and formations on occasion but as usual the fans know better! The manager spends every day with the players and it's his job to make decisions based on what he sees and things the fans couldn't possibly be privy to.

He clearly doesn't really like Munns in away games but no-one is moaning about yesterday are they? Because we played one of our best games of the season against a good team away from home, and pretty much nullified them - but again I think that sums up the division- unpredictable and no-one has a right to turn up an beat anyone.

Anyway onwards and upwards..
Now the SE27 Dagger
NickMurphy

Credit where credit's due that he took the job in the first place and achieved the aim of keeping us up. But that should be that now.

We have the profile of a progressive club with a bit of money to spend and ambitious owners who want to take us out of this league. Taylor does not fit that profile for me. Nothing against the guy personally but this is a huge opportunity and we need to get the right man in.
LondonDagger

RM1Dagger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:10 pm
dagger4eva wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am Definitely a great achievment to stay up with games to spare, and obviously a big well done to PT, TH and all the players.

He's probably (correctly) fed up with constant criticism from a vocal minority when the FACTS are he's done a very good job.

And great post Arnu btw

Teams go on dodgy runs like every team that isn't anywhere near the best in their league - it happens . PT hasn't got it right in every game but overall he's done the business. He kept us in touch early doors and then made some great signings in Manny, Clark, Goodliffe (to extend) and very obviously Wilko who's goals have kept us up. PT (and presumably his management team etc) deserve huge credit for spotting that these guys could make the real difference.

Some questionable team selections and formations on occasion but as usual the fans know better! The manager spends every day with the players and it's his job to make decisions based on what he sees and things the fans couldn't possibly be privy to.

He clearly doesn't really like Munns in away games but no-one is moaning about yesterday are they? Because we played one of our best games of the season against a good team away from home, and pretty much nullified them - but again I think that sums up the division- unpredictable and no-one has a right to turn up an beat anyone.

Anyway onwards and upwards..
If we bagged something like 25 points from 10 games with one team (beating Salford & Orient), why would you drop the spine of Phipps because he didnt do something that Taylor wanted? Wright isn't near his standard. Hoyte too cant seem to get a look in with Nunn who has been poor.

However, well done PT thank you for keeping us up now lets get a young face in to brighten things up!
rebeldagger

Credit due where it is deserved, and I think Peter Taylor most defiantly does deserve it. We came far too close to loosing our team altogether, and if it were not for Taylor and Trinity Sport Holdings coming in, it's very likely we wouldn't have a team to watch.

Taylor was given one objective, and in in the circumstances that he was hired under that is quite understandable, he's met that objective, with time to spare, and done what he can with the resources that were available to him at that time.

At the start of this season we had a team of young and eager players that did struggle, with the additions that Taylor brought in mid season, undoubtedly with the aid of the Americans, he's been able to set a steady hand on a very rocky ship.

Yes, Taylor has made choices that left some of us in the stand questioning him, yet it's football, it's subjective and Taylor knows these players better then we do, he knows what their capable of and what they are not capable of.

With the funding now in place and Trinity Sport seemingly very keen to improve the match day experience undoubtedly they will also be increasing funding on the pitch, looking at the additions that Taylor brought in during season, once he had more money, I'm looking forward to next season, our aim should be top 7 and i'm reasonably confident enough to think we can give it a good crack.

If not, then yes we can raise questions (not saying we can't now), yet this season was always going to be about securing the club's future, we've achieved that, now let's crack on for net season and see what we can truly achieve.
mikew

such a tough one re PT. i agree with the poster who mentioned you dont see him around much after games any more - not sure why that would happen. Being visible to the fans is what makes our club great dont think that helps him but i guess its not about liking a manager.its results that count..

If you use FUNDS as the litmus test - the one time he got funds he used it wisely - so given the fact it would seem we will be given funds in the summer surely he deserves another crack at it. ? I personally feel we might end up with a brand of weird defensive football at times- but given the actual question should peter taylor be given another season how can you say no -he brought in the front two and he gave us immediately the one area of pitch that is class - so lets see if we get another area of the team that is proven class. We have to give him another crack.