Daggers Retained List

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

Difficult to argue with it tbh. I'd have quite liked to have seen Munns stay (but PT clearly doesn't fancy him too much) but other than...Quite ruthless, hopefully a statement of intent.
Now the SE27 Dagger
BarkingRambo

Sad to see Munns go but otherwise no real complaints.
ARNU

Looking who he’s kept I can’t imagine we’ll be going up without replacing 7 of them too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

11 players, plus 4 loans gone wow! sad to see manny go, but wouldn't be surprised if they go and buy him like they did with wilkinson.
TommyD&R

Same here, only surprised to see Munns go. Also a bit surprised that Harfield got offered a new deal. Those last two home games must have saved him.
EssexDagger!

Let’s not get ahead of ourself, We haven’t 100% certain got rid of Loft or Wright just yet, Taylor said in his latest interview that he is still going to see what their parent clubs want to do with them
And if he can, he will happily offer the loanee’s a permanent deal or even another loan offer....

Was expecting this to be the case with Goodliffe and Onariase but was hoping not the other two if we want to compete at a serious level next season.

The rest I can’t argue about apart from Munns, but the way he was dropped towards the last few months of the season, stevie wonder could see Taylor never fancied him... Harfield a lucky boy though to be rewarded with a new deal.
DevonDagger

It needed a clear out, and that's what it got.

I wasn't too sure which way he'd go with Munns and Nunn. Like others I really like Munns, but I also kind of felt he'd almost been found out a few months ago perhaps. Plus the obvious fact Taylor didn't appear too keen. Bit surprised to see Lewis Moore go too.
DaggerJoel11

To release Adeloye and Munns is a little bit unfair as they can both definitely do a job, but that's the kind of mentality we're going to need to compete at a decent position in the league. That we've offered Ollie Harfield, a man who went around six months without making a start for us last season, a new contract though somewhat puts that into question.

Also, watching that Peter Taylor interview gave me a horrible feeling that we're going to sign Wright or Loft or both. Getting rid of Munns then bringing one of those two (and to an extent re-signing Harfield) is a downgrade which certainly won't help us with our ambitions for 2019/20.

Let's see what happens. Either way I'm glad we're likely to have a smaller, more manageable squad.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

If he signs Loft and Wright we can forget any hopes of troubling the top few positions. Harfield also doesn't get anywhere near the first team of a club aiming for promotion.
Diggerthedog

Seen on Twitter Wright has been offered a deal, play him as a defender fine but if he starts in midfield terrible decision. Harfield is not better than Munns, must have been some falling out there we’re not aware of. The rest I’m not surprised about.
DevonDagger

Mark wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:44 pm If he signs Loft and Wright we can forget any hopes of troubling the top few positions. Harfield also doesn't get anywhere near the first team of a club aiming for promotion.
Harfield has shown glimpses. Personally if he's 29 and not 21, Taylor wouldn't offer him the deal in my opinion. He's shown a little potential and will now be given the chance to prove it. If it's more than a 1-year I'd be quite surprised. Let's see if he can grow a bit a do the bits and pieces we've seen more often.
NBDag

Surprised with Munns, but if we can find better that isn’t Loft or Wright then I guess it’s fair enough. The rest of the released makes sense. Real shame to see the back of Nunn though, a proper Dagger in every sense of the word IMO.

As for the retained, we can’t do too much if Kandi is in contract, and maybe with his last 2/3 appearances we’re right to keep him. But our 3 wide men are currently McQueen, Kandi, and Harfield. We couldn’t get promoted with Ferrier, Whitely, and Fejiri. So those three definitely aren’t good enough. Should not have kept on Ollie, unfortunately.

Good to see Robinson stay on, he’s not a ball playing midfielder but he is a good defensive option and again genuinely seems to give a shite about the club.

Worth noting that Ned Keating is under the impression that we are signing Wright permanently. Whilst not surprising, the kid just isn’t good enough in any of the 3 positions we have used him in. Loft also cannot return.

Onariase is due to expire at Rotherham, so watch that space. Would be a coup, but not out of the question I feel. The same with Goodliffe. Big summer ahead if Taylor and the Americans mean what they say!
HGDagger

It looks like we'll be in for an interesting summer and expect a lot of signings to come. Hopefully a huge improvement on the squad we started with last season.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:49 pm Seen on Twitter Wright has been offered a deal, play him as a defender fine but if he starts in midfield terrible decision. Harfield is not better than Munns, must have been some falling out there we’re not aware of. The rest I’m not surprised about.
The last few games, PT played Wright at full back and I said to others that he is looming to sign him in the summer as our new right back. I don't think he did a bad job there. He's a versatile player and can play centre half.