Who would you like to see at Dagenham next season?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

TommyD&R wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:37 pm Seen a lot of Eastleigh games this season and Joey Jones is a great player, I actually hoped we’d get him after Woking went down last season. Seen him put in man of the match performances at centre mid, right back and centre back this season. Best in centre mid though, breaks up play, very comfortable on the ball, doesn’t mind taking players on either. A lot of good players at Eastleigh running out of contract who are worth looking at. I’d love to see Strevs have a go here one day too, he’s done a great job and he even told me his favourite spell as a player was at Dagenham so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind coming back one day!

Eastleigh offered Joey Jones a new contract today..
TommyD&R

EssexDagger! wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:26 pm
TommyD&R wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:37 pm Seen a lot of Eastleigh games this season and Joey Jones is a great player, I actually hoped we’d get him after Woking went down last season. Seen him put in man of the match performances at centre mid, right back and centre back this season. Best in centre mid though, breaks up play, very comfortable on the ball, doesn’t mind taking players on either. A lot of good players at Eastleigh running out of contract who are worth looking at. I’d love to see Strevs have a go here one day too, he’s done a great job and he even told me his favourite spell as a player was at Dagenham so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind coming back one day!

Eastleigh offered Joey Jones a new contract today..
Surprised at some of the players they’ve offered new deals to. They’re either offering big cuts or there’s a new stream of money coming in from somewhere. Expected all the big earners to go but they’ve all been offered new deals or already signed. Shame as Jones and Hare would be great for us. Especially Hare if we want to continue playing three CB’s and wingbacks
daggerChris

Wonder if Donald is going back there.

Supposedly trying to sell Sunderland, he may want to get back involved at Eastleigh, especially after the affect Strevs had there.Be interesting to see if the players sign.

Still waiting to see what sort of business we do, as others have said if we are serious about promotion we need to invest big time, in terms of numbers and quality.

Who out of our contracted players would start in a promotion team, Justham, Gordon (Possibly), Clark, Wilko, Balanta ?? Not sure any of our other contracted players would have got near Orients squad let alone starting team.
EssexDagger!

Agreed daggerchris with those 5 being the only ones good enough to be in a side worthy enough of winning promotion....I’d be pushed to include Robinson in midfield 3 if he has 2 very talented players either side of him.

So that’s a minimum of 5 new starters we arguably need If we are going to be serious about next year and probably add another 2-3 for the bench who are good enough to CHANGE games for us and not brought on for the sake of substitutions.
NBDag

Will Wright released by Colchester. Brace yourselves...
BB-Dagger

I’m sure he’ll be “all Wright” on the night!
EssexDagger!

Billy Bingham released by Gills.
Diggerthedog

Too injury prone, stay well clear.
TommyD&R

Extremely long longshot, but Baudry has left MK. Alan McCormack also released by Luton, decent player, loads of experience, getting on a bit but he could do a job for a season or two.
HGDagger

Lawson D'aff has been released
TommyD&R

Charlie Lee and Alex Lawless have been released by Orient. Both experienced heads at centre mid who are decent at this level. Might be worth having a punt on one. They also released Alabi who we was apparently looking at when we had Hopkin money but he’s only scored about 3 goals since his 20odd goal season at Chester.
Daggerman

Obviously not Oly Harfield
DevonDagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:33 pm Billy Bingham released by Gills.
Has joined Bromley. They appear to be making some big signings.
TommyD&R

Paul McCallum has gone Solihull. I would’ve had him down as a player I’d like here for next season but thought it was unrealistic and there was no way he’d stay in non league. Never knew Solihull had a bit of money behind them?
EssexDagger!

Aswel as Solihull, Bromley are adding some real quality to there squad for next season, they wouldn’t be a bad E/W bet for the league next year in my opinion, solid players who know this league inside out which can’t be said for the likes of Notts County or Yeovil. Be interesting to see if either or possibly both suffer a football league hangover the same way Chesterfield & Barnet did this season.

Some of the players Bromley have added already....

Michael Cheek (ebbs)
Billy Bingham (gills)
Chris Bush (ebbs)
Adrian Clifton (Maidenhead)
Joe Kizzi (Billericay)