Bad News

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Hearing some bad news coming at 2pm.
TommyD&R

Can only imagine it having something to do with Wilkinson. Orient got 200k for Bonne today...
redboy

Straight forward replacement . Undisclosed fee I bet.
Diggerthedog

Not a good day for the club, but nothing you can do about a buy out clause.

Massive task to replace him, just gone from outside chance of play offs to much lower in the table.
Mark

Great day for Orient. Sold a player for 200k and signed an arguably better goalscorer for a fraction of that. Shrewd business. Done the deals and had the replacement lined up. Wonder whether we have...
BB-Dagger

I think most of us were surprised as well as pleased when we got Wilkinson last January and as Peter Freund says in his statement that it’s “bittersweet” the way things have turned out, I would have loved it if he has stayed this season but deep down we all knew he was better than national league, I wish him all the best personally but really hope orient ****** it all up and get relegated.
I’m not bitter at all :angry:
lupins

We have lost players before and got through it but no denying it's a blow
That said the Owners are straight on it putting out a statement and are clearly still committed and working tirelessly I am sure. Have to keep the faith
PatrickJ1980

Kit Colour changed to white which everyone is shocked over then Wilko sold! Hope they have got something up there sleeve! Bad day all round!
RayleighDagger1986

Mark wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 pm Great day for Orient. Sold a player for 200k and signed an arguably better goalscorer for a fraction of that. Shrewd business. Done the deals and had the replacement lined up. Wonder whether we have...
Do we know what the release clause fee was?
NBDag

I’m actually lost for words on seeing the figures thrown around on twitter with this. Classic Dagenham if so where he has gone for less than £50k it seems!!

I’m glad we have these new owners and the direction we were (emphasis on were) heading in. But this has been a shit show of a day. Lost our colours and now lost our star player. Big signings are needed immediately.
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 pm
Mark wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 pm Great day for Orient. Sold a player for 200k and signed an arguably better goalscorer for a fraction of that. Shrewd business. Done the deals and had the replacement lined up. Wonder whether we have...
Do we know what the release clause fee was?
peanuts.
EssexDagger!

Can’t blame him for taking up the offer of a move to a football league club, as Thompson said in the video if that was any of our sons who had a league club come in for him and his current club who were non league blocked the move, we would be livid! Besides with Connors track record, his hardly surprising his moving on again..11 clubs for him now and his only 24 years old, Dagenham was never going to be his permanent home.

I just hope though that after Thommo said the club anticipated this could happen after such a good season last year, that we have planned and got our eyes on a ready made replacement just like Orient have done with Bonne.

Apart from Odametey from Maidenhead, I have pretty much been underwhelmed with our summer business so far... Think we need some serious additions if we are going to challenge for anything other than midtable, and it can’t be long until pre season begins!!
lupins

How is it classic Dagenham if we could only ever sign him with an agreed sell on fee included whether that is £5 or £50000
The only "classic" is the moaning
He massively did the business for us
EssexDagger!

Where’s 50k figure come from?? An official source ?
Alan

Thommo’s explanation makes perfect sense. I hope we have the replacement lined up though.