Joe Quigley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerfan

Joe Quigley has just signed up for the daggers.
TommyD&R

Saw a Gillingham fan on twitter saying he’s abysmal. Worked well enough last time we signed a tall striker with a fairly poor goal scoring record to the sound of Gillingham fans telling us how shite he was.
BB-Dagger

It’s good to see a big front player signing up and I hope he can prove himself being at a club where he isn’t just another on loan player like he has been elsewhere in the last couple of seasons, one or two things that concern me though, first is his knee injury.. is it fully recovered? Second point is that for a striker he hasn’t been prolific in his scoring!
Really hope he settles quickly and realises the potential he had at Bournemouth, he has big boots to fill after Wilkinson.
DevonDagger

TommyD&R wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:21 pm Saw a Gillingham fan on twitter saying he’s abysmal. Worked well enough last time we signed a tall striker with a fairly poor goal scoring record to the sound of Gillingham fans telling us how shite he was.
Blimey he signed for Gillingham in 2016 when he’d probably have been 19. Like you said, I’m sure there was another striker we got from them and were promised he was terrible, anyone remember who? :thumbu:
A quick Google suggests he’s been impressing on trial at Mansfield who wanted to sign him as backup, but has probably opted for more chance of playing here.

That said, been at lot of clubs for someone of his age and doesn’t boast a tremendous record- being released by Bromley isn’t something to brag about either. Nonetheless give him our backing and encouragement and he could well fly here. Here’s hoping, welcome Joe.
leewilson

An abomination of a player. This will be up there with one of the worst signings we've ever made. Seen him play a few times and he's an absolute donkey. Supporters of other clubs are quite clear with what they think of him too.

Optimism firmly checked.
NBDag

This is a weird one to be offering a 2 year deal to. Doesn’t fill me with hope at all.
Diggerthedog

Let’s see how many of these negative comments get shouted down....
Dagger83

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:47 pm Let’s see how many of these negative comments get shouted down....
Let's see how many come back to bite them on the arse like all the comments about Wilkinson. Hattrick first game?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
stanton101

Give the fella a chance for gods sake.
HGDagger

Many of course said the same about Wilkinson, and look how he turned out, I'm willing to give this lad a chance.
daggersjeff

Not too fussed about him hitting the back of the net regularly; we have others who can and will in this team :thumbu:
NBDag

Think we need to hold off on the Wilkinson talk for a bit, understand where people are coming from, but it’s just as easy to say Shamir Mullings too.

Big difference between Wilkinson and Quigley when they both joined was that Wilkinson was a reject coming down 2 levels to us. Whereas Quigley has been at this level for some time unsuccessfully. Of course let’s see what happens, but it really isn’t wrong of anyone to feel disappointed with this.

We have quite a large and promising squad now anyway, so hopefully we can afford to have a dud if one does materialise.
EssexDagger!

So I’m assuming Reece Grant will be our main striker with Quiqley as back up option? Or is Joe Quiqley the managers new number 9?
Oxhead

He is no replacement for Wilkinson but we’ve signed a lot of good players and at 6’3” this fella could just be an option from the bench