Dover Tuesday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerjamie

1 nil Balanta!
dagger4eva

1-0 Balanta - get in!!!

Sounds deserved after hitting the post then missing an open goal in the opening minutes.
dagger4eva

Bollocks!

Luque has one cleared off the line and then we go back to not knowing how to defend a cross.

1-1
dagger4eva

Well I never, we've scored from the penalty spot!!!

Maybe it will be a good season after all :D
RayleighDagger1986

Good 3 points.

Our season kick started. Onwards and upwards
Diggerthedog

Great result! Never expected it, sounds like we could have scored a couple more too.

We scored a penalty!!!!!
Dag82

Great win lads, now lets back it up Saturday & get on a run.
NBDag

NBDag wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:35 pm I am not confident that we will be better as Taylor won’t admit a mistake after one game. We are also going to be up against better competition. Surprised if we have our first goal of the season when we wake up tomorrow morning.
Whoops.
leewilson

Good win. I wonder if we'll be better away from home this season where the likes of Brundle, Luque, Dobson and Balanta have a bit more space to weave their magic.

Happy to get on the board!
DaggerJoel11

Impressive! Really good performance, few shaky moments but that's to be expected and largely we were the better team. Three must-score chances that we somehow missed too! Onto Halifax.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Taylor for king!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well one swallow does not a summer make but in my opinion that was a hell of a team performance tonight.

Turned up fearing the worst but we should have been in the lead long before we were and up until their equaliser thought we were well in control. looked very shaky from then to half time,which came just at the right time.

Second half they put it up to us for sure but thought we stood up very well and bar the excellent save from Elliott think they could have stayed all night and not scored.

Thought Clarke and Croft were excellent throughout with Clarke getting my mom.

Also thought that we got up the pitch very quickly when the chance to arose and really should have had at least a couple more.

All round very please with what I saw tonight and my only two negatives were the goal we conceaded and the rather silly free kicks we gave away around our box. There was at least half a dozen of these, which in my opinion all bar one were all correctly called by a referee who had in my opinion a very good game.

We beat a good team tonight who will prove to be above average of that I am almost certain and not many will go there and win .

Well done lads great effort and a much deserved result.
Dagger83

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:26 am Well one swallow does not a summer make
Same could have been said after Saturday I suppose. 3 from 6 is a decent start. Let's hope Saturday was the blip rather than last night.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Pondfield Dagger

taylors style better away? we had some away wins absolutely out of no where last season and it will probably continue this year. its at home i like to see us play well, how many out of the 23 home games was we really happy with last season?
Mike the Dagger

Looks a decent result that yesterday.

Interesting to see Jack Munns got hooked just before the hour for them. Like deja vu all over again.