Darryl when you gonna earn your wages ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Strong defending in games where we don't have the ball for prolonged periods is a good sign, as is taking our few chances. The extra 1% is there at the moment and you make your own luck as the saying goes. Abu is a catalyst for that. Plenty of very average and very committed football teams have got promoted out of this league. There's probably barely a player at Harrogate that most teams would look twice at, for example.

Having said that, I do agree with Alan regarding wide positions. Weston did well yesterday but seems very inconsistent. Our wing back options are poor on the whole and our wide midfielders when we go with 442 lack quality delivery, Saunders will take time and we have been playing Deering wide which says it all. Neither Wright nor Johnson seem capable of delivering anything decent from open play. Johnson got the assist yesterday but it was definitely the exception!
NBDag

Alan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:20 am We’re they great, or were the results greater than the performances. Against Grimsby they dominated much of the game and the ref could quite easily have given a foul against Deering for the game changing second goal - it was two footed and off his feet; against ‘Wood the difference was a missed penalty.

Small steps and I hope that the return of Mccallum and recruitment of Jones will add some stability at both ends, but let’s not get carried away, we still lack creativity from wide positions and move the ball too slowly in midfield.
They were great performances as far as I’m concerned. Grimsby were all over us, and are a much better team which showed on the day. Obviously we would end up playing with our backs against the wall, I don’t think anyone can complain about that. They also could only score against us with a penalty, which sums up how resilient we were in defence. It was a great performance against a very tough opposition! Deering’s challenge was also never a foul, not a single Grimsby player appealed to the ref after the challenge/goal. It’s a very fine margin but he’s off his feet after the ball is played. The Boreham Wood penalty was also saved not missed - again whilst a bad piece of defending can cause a penalty, a fantastic bit of goalkeeping can save it.

You’re right in saying that we can’t get carried away, but also we can’t just sit here and view the past two results as flukes or undeserved.
Alan

I’m not saying we should ignore the results - both of which are excellent - but pointing out that there are fine margins and that either game could have gone the other way and so we should not get too carried away. A solid defence is the foundation for most successful teams, which is why we need a solid centre half and hopefully Jones is that player. But we still lack players to provide service to the forwards.
Diggerthedog

Alan and mark are both spot on for me.

Both our league wins have been 1-0, until we convincingly beat a team then we can start to feel comfortable. Still only 4 goals all season and until that improves we will remain closer to the bottom then the top. The last two games were always going to be tough ones, the next 3 are the same and will be close wins if we do win.

I really don't get the game plan, when you play with wing backs you use them to attack but most of the time we just lump the ball forward even more so when PMC plays, you could have Harry Kane up there but if you don't supply him he wont score. The new signing gives a different option then the aimless hoofball as he can carry the ball brilliantly.

Long way to go but heading in the right direction in small steps during a tough set of fixtures.
ARNU

Much improved. Credit where due. Like the new defender. Only saw 2nd half last night, probs with the streaming
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Dagdale

Quite an interesting read that, its a shame really we, just for whatever reasons and I think most of us can see when and where it turned, never really saw his true potential. When he first came and played he had a strong effect on our wings and certainly a buzz about him, sat in the builders stand now and then and certainly had time for the fans, glad he seems to enjoying his football now and good luck to him.
Mark

Thought he was lazy tbh and I don't think you'd get anywhere in this division with him in the team. One of those players who loses the ball and then throws his hands up in the air and has a sulk for the next minute.

Whatever the feelings about his usefulness to the team though, his version of events doesn't make for good reading.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Something dont add up here. The first thing the Government did was to impose legislation to stop evictions,still the case today.

At least the Manager was honest that he did not feature in his plans even when we could not fill the bench as I recall he was still on our books when that first occured.

Good luck to the lad but it dont look like this is the first place he has failed and it looks like he has found his level . The only game he impressed me was Maidstone away last year other then that I dont recall anything else that makes my view any different to what the decision the Manager came to, brutally put he simply was not good enough
ARNU

I liked him but he did go missing occasionally. Terrible way to treat the player if true( why would he make it up?)
Bet they don't kick McMoron out of his flat for churning out awful performances.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !