2%
No, he is doing a fantastic job
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 41
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mark wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:00 pmYes
What do you make of that Mark ? Surely he is not one that he called out after Saturday that he cant trust.
If so do do think there is any justification in that ?

Also Balanta one of the most talented players in this league yet cant get a start.

Personally I think we are heading to another Wayne Burnett situation with this Manager , like him in his two full seasons I think he will achieve the aims of getting us to the target but it ain't going to sit well with some supporters of how we get there.
Mark

I think him and Balanta are on the naughty step after Saturday.

Deering has been very in and out, but he's playing out of position in a system that doesn't suit him. Balanta similarly has been shunted around the pitch quite a bit this season.

For me a lot of this comes down to the manager. He's the one who didn't recruit players to fit a system, and picks people in positions they aren't comfortable with. I think it's fair to say that some of them don't run enough, but he put together a team full of one paced show ponies - if you already have Balanta then go and sign pace, workers and size to compliment him. It's only really now we've got Ogogo that the midfield looks anything like good enough. I guess you could say he inherited many of the less mobile players, but that's no reason to sign more of the same.

Having said all that, most of the squad hasn't looked that fit since day 1. None of them are looking particularly toned are they? I'm sure Balanta and Deering would be better if they were sharper. Not sure how that's happened.

At least yesterday we had people in their best positions and a proper system. If it gets results then fine. But as you say, it might not be pretty or popular if our most technical players can't fit into it.
hockley dagger

I asked Junior who would come in if the manager did go. He said "fix me a water whilst I think about it". I said "Still or sparkling?". He said " Still, after all you know he would and you know the board would".
Diggerthedog

If Still ever comes back I’m done, he’s finished as a manager, done a terrible job when he was here last bar one decent season in the play offs (that team should have won promotion) and has been sacked at Barnet and Maidstone. But yes your right the board would.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:05 pm If Still ever comes back I’m done, he’s finished as a manager, done a terrible job when he was here last bar one decent season in the play offs (that team should have won promotion) and has been sacked at Barnet and Maidstone. But yes your right the board would.
Thought the team the season after was looking equally as promising DTD . Went first 10 games unbeaten before losing up at Hartlepool until this day I dont know how we ever lost. A defeat the following Tursday against Sutton followed by a lucky injury time draw up at bottom of the league Solihull and you started to feel all was not well. Then the Arthur Daley saga broke and the team had to be disbanded. In my opinion that team was equally as good as the season before and it was a tragedy other events stoped it from fulfilling its potential
Dag82

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:14 pm Fail to get 6 points out of the next two and he must be shown the door, like a mark said the recruitment was a bit puzzling to say the least. Any news on the Joey Jones injury or Reynolds who both are much more comfortable on the ball.
Time to go.

This is your team, your responsible for performances & results, and neither are good enough.
Auntie Merge

Once again our best player starts on the bench.
No strategy, no formation, no clue and as one of my Dagger neighbours discussed, we don’t even have a Plan A let alone a Plan B.
We are going down without a new manager. The players put in a lacklustre performance, he can single out individuals, but the buck stops with Daryl. Time for him to go.
Diggerthedog

We won’t go down but I’m not sure what else he can do wrong not to get the sack, it’s abysmal really with the riches he’s had to spend, two most creative players on the bench and a fox in the box striker stuck out wide.
Mark

There's something very wrong at this club. This isn't a McMahon way of playing, it's completely against everything he implemented at ebbsfleet and last season. I don't think his principals have changed, because he reiterates them in the interview every week.

I'm not trying to take blame off him because he signed a load of this shit but it just feels very wrong.

Would expect any new manager to want some different players. If we pay up the manager, pay for a new one, pay some players to leave and more to come in then this could be an absolutely titanic waste of money season. Wonder what the Americans are thinking.
RayleighDagger1986

hockley dagger wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:07 pm I asked Junior who would come in if the manager did go. He said "fix me a water whilst I think about it". I said "Still or sparkling?". He said " Still, after all you know he would and you know the board would".
If Still returned, I for one would decide against going anymore while he's in charge. He's past it, his tactics and game plan are old and outdated. He showed that at Barnet and then Maidstone.
Sorry but the club would be going backwards.
RampantDuke

I can’t believe that he didn’t bring on Deering today. The bloke runs his socks off and has a great football brain. How would he not have improved that dross today? Balanta was brilliant when he first joined us but looks like a cart horse on his last legs now. We are so slow and predictable. Probably the easiest afternoon Alty have had since their return to this league. Did their keeper have to make a save? I’m not sure what the solution is but this is abysmal and something needs to be done soon.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Mark

I think the solution involves at least 3 new players but can't keep throwing money at it.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Mark wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 pm There's something very wrong at this club. This isn't a McMahon way of playing, it's completely against everything he implemented at ebbsfleet and last season. I don't think his principals have changed, because he reiterates them in the interview every week.

I'm not trying to take blame off him because he signed a load of this shit but it just feels very wrong.

Would expect any new manager to want some different players. If we pay up the manager, pay for a new one, pay some players to leave and more to come in then this could be an absolutely titanic waste of money season. Wonder what the Americans are thinking.
This
RampantDuke

Mark wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:52 pm I think the solution involves at least 3 new players but can't keep throwing money at it.
I think that throwing money at it is the problem and not the solution. We keep overpaying for mercenary players looking for a nice pay day who are not 'Daggers'. You can slag off John Still all you like but surely we would be quicker, more motivated and cohesive under him than we are right now.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Auntie Merge

RampantDuke wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:54 am
Mark wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:52 pm I think the solution involves at least 3 new players but can't keep throwing money at it.
I think that throwing money at it is the problem and not the solution. We keep overpaying for mercenary players looking for a nice pay day who are not 'Daggers'. You can slag off John Still all you like but surely we would be quicker, more motivated and cohesive under him than we are right now.
THIS every time.
We’d even have a more motivated and cohesive team under Garry Hill.
This isn’t about living in the past; it is about having a manager who understands how to coach and bring out the strengths in every player so that they play together as a team. JS knew when
to criticise a player ‘Scott, Scott,
Scott’ he used to shout at Scott Griffiths v praising and telling him well done.

Yes, the club needs to move on and find new managerial blood but sadly the current manager doesn’t have the skills needed to take us anywhere but National South. How many more points are we going to drop before it is too late to make a change?