No, he is doing a fantastic job
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 41
Bluenose

Whoever had "No he's doing a fantastic job" should be allowed a re-vote
Auntie Merge

Bluenose wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm Whoever had "No he's doing a fantastic job" should be allowed a re-vote
The poll is not closed; everyone is allowed to revote/change their mind which is why I have been posting screenshots of the poll at particular times.

I’m sure there is a good reason why they haven’t yet changed their answer.

I tuned into the commentary and even the Notts commentators are saying ‘how bad Daggers have been, not even one tackle’.
Daryl must go.
To keep him in the job is to prolong the agony. God help us if some bright spark ends the season on points per game.
Alan

We are still not in the relegation zone on points per game.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nati ... -table/ppm
Diggerthedog

That might soon change after our next run of games. This poll should be closed there is only 1 sane answer.
Alan

13 months ago, days before he was appointed, I posted about his tenure at Ebsfleet:

“Just a reminder that Ebsfleet were losing £2m a year, to put in perspective McMahon’s achievements there. Their wage bill soared during his tenure.

2014 £0.7m (year before his appointment)
2015 £1.4m
2016 £1.9m (conf south play-offs)
2017 £1.6m (promotion to National League via playoffs)
2018 £2.1m (play-off semi-final)”
Diggerthedog

I remember it well and Ebbsfleet fans warned us too, was never my first choice or even second choice. Players can also take some of the blame as I see one or two battle the rest are mere mercenaries here for one thing, Money.
Alan

Dunno about calling them mercenaries. They’re people with a short career that may end at any time being offered a job.

Plenty of managers have spent money well and put together a decent squad. The problem is he’s not put together a good squad. There’s a lack of pace and quality in wide positions which means we are wasting our money on Macallum. We haven’t got a decent centre half other that Jones who pops in for 45 minutes between injuries. Clark, Johnson, Reynolds and Wright are total crap. Less said about Brundle the better.
Ally Fraser

Need to get rid ASAP.

Bring in Wayne Brown from Maldon. They would of won the league last season, got them to the 2nd round proper. Most of the team left end of season.

This season was undefeated when season stopped, 1st round proper of FA Cup, 3rd round trophy.
Pablo

It's easy just to blame the manager and I've always tried to avoid making facile judgements but MacMahon has been given big money to spend and has produced a real dog's breakfast. We have made at least three, mainly unforced, changes to the team from one game to another. Players like Saraf are parachuted in with no game time and then forgotten about. Other players disappear for weeks on end with no explanation. We now have had three captains this season. Even players we know can perform at this level like Balanta and Deering often look lost and confused. We have no obvious consistent pattern of play, no cohesion, no pace and no energy. None of that I'm afraid is the fault of the Managing Director or the owners although they may be culpable if they don't take action and fast.
Diggerthedog

Surely time is up? Yet another home defeat not scoring, how much does it take for us to sack an underperforming manager? Yes we played ok last month but still not enough is it, well it’s enough to keep him in a job. Time and time again we leave it too late to make these decision, new owners same dithering and delaying on the big decisions.

Lets give him another couple of Million.
themightydagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:28 pm Surely time is up? Yet another home defeat not scoring, how much does it take for us to sack an underperforming manager? Yes we played ok last month but still not enough is it, well it’s enough to keep him in a job. Time and time again we leave it too late to make these decision, new owners same dithering and delaying on the big decisions.

Lets give him another couple of Million.
I think the owners are lining someone up for next year. They wont pull his contract now, they will wait till the end of the season to do something. With Stilly orchestrating signings, something is going to change, just hopefully not him at the reigns. If the board were smart, they would've put in a get out clause of Daryls contract which could be activated end of the season.
Diggerthedog

Bump, surely that’s enough now?
redboy

He's got more lives that Top cat and all his buddies!

Get rid of him now and bring someone in who has a dozen or so games to work with the players to assess who to keep, subject to contracts. This season is a write off, luckily there's no relegation so its an ideal opportunity to start planning and building for 2021/22. If the fans were allowed in I'm sure he would have resigned by now, but just like the board hasn't a pair or orchestras either.
daggersjeff

Bluenose wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm Whoever had "No he's doing a fantastic job" should be allowed a re-vote
Those four are probably McMahon himself, Thommo, Still and Dave the builder!!!! :tongue:
Dagger83

Bump. As I say, it's been a strange 6 months.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.