Aldershot (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

The absence of Weston means a big chunk of our creativity has gone, meaning others will have to shoulder the burden today. Eleftheriou replaces him in one of two changes, the other being Saunders for Vilhete.

Justham; Gordon, Jones, Clark, Wright, Eleftheriou; Rance, Robinson; Balanta, Saunders, McCallum
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

Where on earth do they find these officials?

That’s a poor half.

Saunders is miles off the standard required for a team who are supposed to be pressing for promotion.
Diggerthedog

Saunders is a right winger, clueless manager should never have signed him.

Back to type today, that being utter crap.
NBDag

A truly pathetic performance. Really am struggling to find the motivation in renewing my season ticket next season with this mug in charge
ThatRoundThing

Having to “look forward” to McCallum as next seasons main striker fills me with dread.
I also won’t be renewing my Season Ticket until I know what the government intends to do re Covid after June 21st.
I’m waiting for my 2nd vaccine and after that I don’t intend walking in grounds or the clubhouse masked up or 6ft away from friends.
No doubt I’ll miss the early bird discount but I may also be prepared to just buy a match day ticket as and when I feel like it and also dependant on Covid regulations in place.
I think Season Ticket take up will be less next season based on the current manager and the poor showing of the team over the last season or so.
Dagdale

Awful home form and wouldn't really say away form other than a couple of 'unexpected' results was any better? Missing it or not that was a pretty dismal couple of results over Easter, really hope all cards can be laid out on the table come end of season, when this sort of thing goes on its normal to throw it toward the Managers head but is there more to this than meets the eye? Anybody been thinking of Neal Ardley sure looked like he knew what he was doing and did he deserve that?
Pablo

If it really is the intention of the owners to get us into the league I'm afraid a total clear out of players is required. Of the current squad only Justham and Balanta could play consistently at a higher level. Maybe Weston ( but he's 33) , maybe Robbo ( but may not be interested with other irons in the fire). Gordon hasn't done it at league level and all the rest would struggle. It won't happen that 20 odd players would be released as some, including McCallum (!) are on longish deals but that is the reality. It's also true that we need a clear out of the management team. It's difficult to believe that Ardley, Gerrard, Strevens, Gannon indeed Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all couldn't have done better with the resources that McMahon's had at his disposal. What today was about I have no idea. Elefetherou gets a game without playing for months and Jones plays out of position on the left side of defence with Croll nowhere to be seen. Vilhete and Sagraf who at least have been reasonable don't get to start and Smith who was supposed to have been a steal has appeared for one half only since acquiring him. What is going on?!
BB-Dagger

During a normal season there is the odd game where we are so crap and clueless I end up leaving 10 minutes early, today was the first time I went out of the house with half and hour to go because there was nothing to indicate the passion or desire to win the game, players have an off day now and again but some of our lot are consistently poor or non existent on the field, yes the referee was diabolical with some decisions in the first half but he wasn’t to blame for a poor performance, I’m agreeing with others regarding a season ticket next year, I would rather pay as I go and save on watching this dross if it continues.
ThatRoundThing

It’s going to be very hard to find young, hungry and fit players from Conference South or lower because of lack of recent playing time and fitness. Don’t want to see more “experienced” journeyman signings just resting on their past accolades just to collect a guaranteed wage.
JohnP

Pretty much agree with all of the above
That's me done now for this season, 11 games left, think I'll save myself £110 if that's indicative of the rest of the season.
dagger4eva

I'm definitely done now with the streams for this season. Not wasting another penny on any of the home or away games.

Signing up for next season is gonna be a toss-up and will ultimately depend on player recruitment, who is manager and to what extent John Still remains involved (notes club still have not uttered 1 official word on this to-date)....
Dag82

BB-Dagger wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:23 pm During a normal season there is the odd game where we are so crap and clueless I end up leaving 10 minutes early, today was the first time I went out of the house with half and hour to go because there was nothing to indicate the passion or desire to win the game, players have an off day now and again but some of our lot are consistently poor or non existent on the field, yes the referee was diabolical with some decisions in the first half but he wasn’t to blame for a poor performance, I’m agreeing with others regarding a season ticket next year, I would rather pay as I go and save on watching this dross if it continues.
Who the hell is going to bother renewing season tickets, to pay out to watch this fiasco, next season ??. not many, that's the answer, unless this fraud gets the boot, and takes his old mates, who has given a pay day too, with him.

What a total woeful joke, this whole season has been, for a team who were supposed to be play off contenders MINIMUM.

It's been wrong since game one, and here we are 30 games later, with the same problems that were there from the very beginning of the season.

How many shocking performances have there been ??, it's easily in double figures.

Even the results we have gained, have been largely unconvincing, have we won a single league game this season by more than one goal ??, I am thinking NO.

Of those that started the season, only Justham, Balanta & Robinson, have earnt there money,

The owners & the supporters deserve better.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

JohnP wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:37 pm Pretty much agree with all of the above
That's me done now for this season, 11 games left, think I'll save myself £110 if that's indicative of the rest of the season.
Jesus are there really eleven games left ? Wish we nulled and voided while we had the chance
Mark

I thought we'd turned a bit of a corner but today was right back to the bad days of the early part of the season. We seem capable of turning in some absolute shockers at any given moment. There's still a fair few players with question marks over them, and we've already bombed out a load who can't even make the bench these days.

Bottom line, improved performances or not we cannot score goals and we can't defend set pieces. If you have Balanta and McCallum and can't fashion a team that can score goals then something is badly wrong. I think we need yet another big turnover of players in the summer but that never really seems to go well for us.
Dagger83

BB-Dagger wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:23 pm During a normal season there is the odd game where we are so crap and clueless I end up leaving 10 minutes early, today was the first time I went out of the house with half and hour to go because there was nothing to indicate the passion or desire to win the game, players have an off day now and again but some of our lot are consistently poor or non existent on the field, yes the referee was diabolical with some decisions in the first half but he wasn’t to blame for a poor performance, I’m agreeing with others regarding a season ticket next year, I would rather pay as I go and save on watching this dross if it continues.
There's only one match I've left at half time and that was the 2-5 against Aldershot one year. I turned off the stream 30 seconds in to the second half yesterday.

I've been quite sympathetic towards McMahon recently as things have improved and we've looked decent in spells. I'm firmly in the find someone else camp now.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.