What did I miss ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Post Reply
User avatar
ARNU
Posts: 3165
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:43 pm

What did I miss ?

Post by ARNU » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:31 pm

What happened ? I hear we went down 2-1 to 10 men then a last minute romain equaliser. Gate ? We're we any good ?
Just a consumer.

Adrian
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by Adrian » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:41 pm

They had a bit of experience and we're going to be hard to break down butbstill needed us to give them sloppy goals.

Two new players made a big difference.
Their player getting himself sent off was really stupid - taking out Romain when he was never going to get the ball.

A draw was about right. Still need a bit of experience in the middle somewhere.

Alan
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by Alan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Impressed with the new boys, came on and fought hard. Looked a much better side with them.

We got knocked off the ball too easily for much of the game and Justham will be disappointed with their second.

daggersjeff
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 am

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by daggersjeff » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Took a bit of time to get going today, once McQueen and Adeloye came on in 2nd half, we looked looked the side more likely to win.
Just over 1000 there today and a puzzling one in Liam Gordon getting POM, I'm not a fan of Robinson, but thought he worked his socks off today.

Little things are beginning to work for us, but it's far from the finished article.

Oh, and another piss poor ref!!!

Daggerman
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 am

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by Daggerman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Thought we were poor today although it looked a bit ore promising when the two new lads came on, we were lucky to be playing a side as bad as we were. As for the ref... thought he had a decent game compared to some of the dross we get, at least he was consistent

Online
SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by SUSSEX DAGGER » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Alan wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 pm
Impressed with the new boys, came on and fought hard. Looked a much better side with them.

We got knocked off the ball too easily for much of the game and Justham will be disappointed with their second.
Agree with everything Alan. TOMI however is clearly not match fit and altho Popodum hands in goal must shoulder most of the blame how the hell did he have that much room in front of him to get his shot off with only ten men

The first goal is equally disapppointing the biggest bloke on the pitch gets a free header.

Never mind at least that Daggers spirit is there

durnzo
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Dagenham

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by durnzo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 pm

I thought we played well enough, but lacked a bit up front and quality in general. But if you look at what's happened in recent months what can you hope for?? the effort was spot on and we came back from behind twice. For a team decimated due to financial constraints, and a club on life support, I think it was ******** brilliant. Good positive feel about the place too, or maybe Im being too easily pleased. Either way I'll take that all season and enjoy it.

DagenhamDan
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:47 am

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by DagenhamDan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:22 pm

durnzo wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 pm
I thought we played well enough, but lacked a bit up front and quality in general. But if you look at what's happened in recent months what can you hope for?? the effort was spot on and we came back from behind twice. For a team decimated due to financial constraints, and a club on life support, I think it was ******** brilliant. Good positive feel about the place too, or maybe Im being too easily pleased. Either way I'll take that all season and enjoy it.
I'm glad the general consensus feels the way I do!

durnzo
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Dagenham

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by durnzo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 pm

DagenhamDan wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:22 pm
durnzo wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 pm
I thought we played well enough, but lacked a bit up front and quality in general. But if you look at what's happened in recent months what can you hope for?? the effort was spot on and we came back from behind twice. For a team decimated due to financial constraints, and a club on life support, I think it was ******** brilliant. Good positive feel about the place too, or maybe Im being too easily pleased. Either way I'll take that all season and enjoy it.
I'm glad the general consensus feels the way I do!
I absolutely loved it today. I couldn't make it Tuesday cos I work nights, but the difference between today and last sat was impressive to me. Not gonna lie, I still don't really recognise a few of our players, I'm not that involved anymore, but Peter Taylor could be a bit of a trump card (if that phrase is deemed inoffensive!!) Maybe he worked his magic on the training ground this week, and that accounts for what I consider an improved performance or maybe it was a coincidence. Either way I'm gonna enjoy watching this youngish, unknown, cheap collection of players try their hardest to get results and not expect them to be anything that they're not. If they were top notch we wouldn't be watching them!!

NickMurphy
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by NickMurphy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Would say it wasn't too dissimilar to Tuesday really. Had a lot of the ball and did a lot of the attacking without creating too much and then suckerpunched up the other end twice - missed the "build-up" to their second goal but am told Justham was at fault initially, although the strike looked of decent quality.

We've improved game on game, though, which is encouraging at least. As long as this bunch give their all there's not a lot more we can ask given that in any normal season over half of yesterday's XI wouldn't be starting for us.

Couple of smaller points - pleased for Romain to bag his second in as many games. He's going to be crucial for us this season and for him to be finding the net consistently is huge. Also though Liam Gordon played exceptionally well, contrary to the above. Given his age and relative inexperience, it's difficult to fault his performances so far. He won't get it right every time and some of his decisions will be wrong, but I thought he was probably one of our best players yesterday and probably worthy of the MOTM award. On a similar note, it's very pleasing how much success we're continuing to get down the flanks. If we can start capitalising on that in the middle I'll be very happy.

On the other hand, you can temper that by saying the three we've played so far aren't anything special. Aldershot, despite their position in the table, will be very canny in their play against us, then it's Halifax (A), Hartlepool (H), Barnet (A) and Salford (H). Tricky run of games. Hopefully we nick a win and a couple of draws from that lot and I'd guess you have to be pleased, really.

Online
Mark
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 pm

I've been impressed with Gordon. Yesterday probably his best game so far. He is difficult to get past and he looks good on the ball even though his passing can then be a bit dodgy. Only thing I'd say is that we've conceded a couple of goals from his flank when he's been left up the pitch - his attacking threat is welcome but we need to find the right balance.

durnzo
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:28 pm
Location: Dagenham

Re: What did I miss ?

Post by durnzo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Gotta agreed about Gordon, thought he was good. Players at this level will make mistakes and get caught out of position but we went forward with pace and purpose so I'm satisfied. We may not have played anyone special, but we have to accept that we're not special either. I'd be interested to see what our wage bill is compared to the rest of the league, and money talks in football. Roll on the rest of the season!!!

Post Reply