The luck of the Draw...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

or maybe its not so lucky!

A bit of a slow Friday afternoon and with the news about Angelo extending his contract, got me thinking that IF we had a decent striker to play alongside him, how much better we may have done already this season.

I was also reflecting on the number of dropped points so far and how we need to stop that trend soon if we're going to challenge for playoffs or better.

Over 1/3 (6) of our 16 games have been draws.

In four of those, we had been leading at some point by 1.
The other two were nil-nil's Vs a decent Torquay side and at home to rock bottom Chorley.

Only our win vs Yeovil (95th min winner) would I say we had been fortunate to gain all 3 points so far.

It shows that we now have a solid strong capable of competing with every team, but ultimately, the real lack of a killer instinct up front could be our undoing.

A few fans forums' ago, Peter Taylor said (in response to the uproar about Elliot Romaine being released) that we would have a forward line where everyone would agree he (Romaine) would no longer get in.
We're halfway there now with Balanta, just the other half now to sort.
speedy

A few fans forums' ago, Peter Taylor said (in response to the uproar about Elliot Romaine being released) that we would have a forward line where everyone would agree he (Romaine) would no longer get in.

We did have until Wilkinson moved on.
Mike the Dagger

Elliott Romaine? Really?
dagger4eva

speedy wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:29 pm A few fans forums' ago, Peter Taylor said (in response to the uproar about Elliot Romaine being released) that we would have a forward line where everyone would agree he (Romaine) would no longer get in.

We did have until Wilkinson moved on.
Yeah agreed, but he went before a ball was kicked this season, which put us back to square one.

As for Romaine - it'd be a complete tossup between him and Quigley for who is the better player.
Mark

Quigley the better player for me but we're still in a position where Romain would at least make the bench.
EssexDagger!

I’d also say Grant is a better player than Romain...

There is a reason he is playing for Eastbourne borough
& not the in the national league