Dag 2 Barrow 1

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

All us first half very dominant with great movement from the front 4. Ferrier looks a handful and what a penalty from Corey. Great strike from Cheek to make it 2 nil. After that it was all a bit meh but we held on and with all the other 'favourites' not pick up results it's decent start.

Onto Boreham Wood.

YFD
RM1Dagger

From a position of real comfort we just invited pressure from them second half and I think a better team would of got a draw as they almost did. I don't think Barrow will hit the heights of last season and we should of been out of sight by HT. However, good positive first half and we got the win which is what matters. Ferrier looks like he might be handful for oppo defences.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

Sell Hawkins. , geezers rubbish. Half season wonder. My 76 yr old mother in law would have scored that one on one. No complaints otherwise apart from a shaky last 20 mins. Oh yeah.....Howells !!! What is he for again ? Is he the player we bring on just before conceding this year?

Cheek and ferried looked sharp.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
durnzo

Happy with that, considering the spanking we got off them last season. I like the look of cheek, big, busy, good touch and took the goal well. Roll on Tuesday night, luckily I'm back on days so don't lose a shift to go and watch. I'm sure you were all concerned about that!! Also, I thought the pitch looked a lot better, not so sure about sharing the bar at half time though!!!

YFD
A S dagger97

Not bad considering we had a back four without Doe and Nunn. Pennell seemed pretty comfortable and the two CBs had decent games, happy with all our forwards (who started) JS appears to be determined to get something out of Howells but I'm not sure why he's been so patient with him, Ferrier, fejiri will have no problem keeping starting spots if today's anything to go by.

Thank god it's back :D
COYD,
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
BillyC94

Great result to beat one of our bogey teams of last season, even if they appear to be weaker than last time out. With 7 games in the opening month, it's important to not be playing catch up early on. Thought it was a very hardworking performance and over time, we'll become much stronger. Thought stand out's were Lokko who looked composed and very strong at this level and Ferrier, who as long as he's fit will be an annoyance for many defences in this league. Boucs and Whitley were outstanding as per, the two players we definitely need to fend off from other clubs. Obviously it was annoying to nearly let them back in at the end however I feel once the back four and the keeper gel we should hopefully be okay at the back.

Onto Boreham Wood and despite it being so early on in the season is another game we should be taking the 3 points. They looked a poor side back in April and after we have taken arguably their best player, a strong performance from us should put us in a great position to win the game. YFD.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
Richie

Very impressed by Lokko, didn't think we needed another centre back but he looked very good. N'gala was decent but not as impressive.