Tavares to Barnet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BB-Dagger

Players like him pi$$ me off, we nurtured him through over a year of being injured and he repays us by f***ing off to Barnet, obviously this is just my reaction to this news and know nothing about what happened within the club but I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to come with the new owners.
steeevooo

BB-Dagger wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:23 am Players like him pi$$ me off, we nurtured him through over a year of being injured and he repays us by f***ing off to Barnet, obviously this is just my reaction to this news and know nothing about what happened within the club but I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to come with the new owners.
If you had been off work sick for a good while, but still paid, then returned to work and got offered a new job elsewhere on double your salary*, would you seriously not even think twice about taking the job out of loyalty to the firm you work for, despite knowing you might not get the opportunity again?

*I have no idea whatsoever if this is the case with Tavares, nor if there were other considerations - the doubling of salary is just hypothetical.
BB-Dagger

*I have no idea whatsoever if this is the case with Tavares, nor if there were other considerations - the doubling of salary is just hypothetical.
[/quote]

And neither do I know what the facts are, I’m just pi$$ed off because we’ve lost a good player!
Diggerthedog

Good players yes, injury prone and not worth the risk on bigger money is also yes. Not bothered.
len

Very disappointed to see him go as a very good player when fit, he is one five new signings for Barnet already. They appear to have made their intentions clear that they seek promotion to the football league next season.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

V annoyed about this, thought him and Eastman were very solid in the second half of last year.
stanton101

Good player when fit.

And there lies the problem. You simply can't rely on players who spend most of their time in the treatment room.
Lcbdagger

stanton101 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 am Good player when fit.

And there lies the problem. You simply can't rely on players who spend most of their time in the treatment room.
Agree, but we almost got stuck with injured players last year as I'm not convinced we were a first choice destination for many signings... Can we get hold of another Eastman type that genuinely moves the needle or will we only sign players teams like Barnet aren't chasing?
DaggerJoel11

Was one of our best players at the beginning of last season with his ability to play out and drive upfield from deep. However, upon returning from injury, thought he struggled to replicate the same levels. Remember in March him conceding a couple of really sloppy penalties on consecutive midweeks against Dorking and Solihull. No doubt a very talented player capable of playing higher, and a definite starter we'll have to replace, but not gutted especially given the supposes wage demands.

The killer would be Inih.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagthat44

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:39 am Was one of our best players at the beginning of last season with his ability to play out and drive upfield from deep. However, upon returning from injury, thought he struggled to replicate the same levels. Remember in March him conceding a couple of really sloppy penalties on consecutive midweeks against Dorking and Solihull. No doubt a very talented player capable of playing higher, and a definite starter we'll have to replace, but not gutted especially given the supposes wage demands.

The killer would be Inih.
Inih still not signed, heard he is stalling. This could be a problem, meaning we need someone in the door. I believe we really need a full back, center half, center mid and a Striker. Probably need a striker regardless if Inih signs, so make that two strikers. Our real killer is lack of squad depth, so we need to recruit for these positions too.

Too many times this year key players are out and our 2nd and 3rd choices are not good enough which has been our downfall. This would also allow for good rotation to avoid burn out.
Mark

On paper today, with only players under contract, our side is something like

Justham
Ling
Eastman
?
Vincent
?
Hess
Rees
?
Hill
?

Bench: Remy, Phipps, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

And that's counting Vincent as a left back.

Even if Johnson, Striz, Lawless and Inih sign we are still 3 starters and 2 subs short as it's a 7 man bench next season.

So we definitely need a CB, a defensive midfielder, a right winger for the first team. We probably also need another utility defender to cover RB and CB, another CM, another winger to cover both sides, and another striker.

Big summer.
A S dagger97

stanton101 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 am Good player when fit.

And far too often we've seen this club hold on to injury prone players for too long, and now that we have released one people still want to complain. As sad as I am to see him leave, l his quality was no good in the treatment room for over half of the games.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!