More signings

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Quite like the idea of this. Hopefully someone we can develop into a real threat at this level and beyond. Agree that this means Effiong is leaving us, which is understandable but also a shame. Fingers crossed for more through the door soon. I’d love to see a real statement signing in the middle of defence.
Mark

We've signed a lot of forwards that look good signings, but I do worry we lack a bit of size again. We've had years like this before where only about 3 of our first team is over 6ft and it never works out well at this level. Seems Inih will leave and his size was a big asset.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Oxhead wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:35 pm All the signings have mentioned they
work hard which is exactly what
Ben promised and should make us
hard to beat
Have you ever read about a signing for any sport that mentions "we signed him because he was cheap. Lazy, but cheap. So good enough."

On other social media it was made to seem this was a good signing and it was looked forward to seeing him in action.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

When was the last time we had a bona fide northerner playing for us ? Kama doesn't really count does he
len

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:41 am When was the last time we had a bona fide northerner playing for us ? Kama doesn't really count does he
Perhaps now we have a Sporting Director, our search for new players now covers a more widespread area. We could even look in Europe or South America next!
Diggerthedog

As far as I'm aware the sporting Director negotiates all the deals from a list of players the manager provides, I don’t think he is personally picking players for the club to sign over the managers head. Just leaves all the admin to someone else.
len

Another signing today, a 24year old with a wealth of football league experience so sounds promising.
Diggerthedog

And lots of injuries too, I’m a little concern half of the players we’ve signed have not managed a full season between them in a couple of years. Big risk.
Danamite

Typical Dagenham signing. Mostly plagued with injuries played handful of games in a year or two. There must be a rule we have when it comes to signings. If you haven't been injured most of your career then you ain't for us.
NBDag

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:06 pm And lots of injuries too, I’m a little concern half of the players we’ve signed have not managed a full season between them in a couple of years. Big risk.
As am I. Grego-Cox, Umerah and now Kalambayi all have struggled with big injuries recently. Can no doubt be superb on their day, but what form do we have with rehabilitating injury prone players? I hope we pull this off as they do look so talented, but if we don’t it’s more money spunked up the wall and another year wasted.
BB-Dagger

Most players have injuries at some period during the season but when a player has been playing league 1 football and his next move is to the national league it either rings alarm bells or signifies the ambition of the new owners! I’m hoping it’s the latter
Diggerthedog

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:53 am Most players have injuries at some period during the season but when a player has been playing league 1 football and his next move is to the national league it either rings alarm bells or signifies the ambition of the new owners! I’m hoping it’s the latter
He hasn’t been playing any football.
Dagman

Nik Tavares also spent nearly a season without playing but came back looking strong. The guy has talent we will have to see whether he can resurrect his career.
Diggerthedog

Tavares only played 31 games, 2 thirds of the season glad we didn’t resign him to be honest. This could work out very well indeed or it could go horribly wrong and be left with the bare bones each week, the later being more likely when it comes to rehab at our club. Still need 5-6 bodies in to have any chance.
Oxhead

Steven’s is clearly an idiot, I doubt
he’s even given these players a medical or has any idea of their medical history