I don't think I will come back now until he's gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Any blame apportioned to the manager - if taking over now - would be minimal I'd say.

So long as he could improve on the current 9 points from 48 I think he'd get a more than fair crack of the whip.

Anyway, can you just clarify - do you still think 90% of our team are "******** useless" ?? :lol:
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:In reply to Digger the dog.

Really ?? You can see why my reluctance to join your mob of protesters/freedom fighters still exists.You really saying You'd rather watch us win only 30% of our games in the conference ? That would be shite and I cant see how that would get the crowds back and be enjoyable.
If it was a team full of hard workers and players that have a bit of pride about themselves then yes. It's not all about winning anyway, some of the current squad need to have a good look at what they are doing with their careers as its all about to come to an end for some of them.
Daggyjack

bearaab wrote:Do you actually think if we get relegated the club will fold?
Also, we don't need to just sign journeyman. The thing the originally drew me to the club was that they signed young players from lower leagues and gave them a chance. Rarely play our most exciting prospect nowadays...
100% spot on.
There was a good programme on the radio the other night around Jamie Vardy asking if there are other players in non-league who can make the step up.
That was what we were all about in years gone by, even when we were non-league, signing players two or three levels below the Conference to play for the Daggers. The majority were young and hungry to succeed, players like Benno, Scott Griffiths, Craig M-S, the list goes on. It was great to watch and we did continue this until recently with players like Danny Green, Vincelot and Dwight Gayle.
Now, we sign players not wanted by other league clubs, who are coming to the end of their careers and are happy to pick up a pay cheque (JC excepted).
I would much rather go back to signing non-league players, who fight for the club and who will then move on to further their careers.
We will be back in non-league next season, no doubt and will not get back out of the Conference as there are many clubs even in the Conference that have far bigger budget and capabilities to gain promotion. Even if this is the case, it won't be as bad as watching this clueless manager and gutless team.
leewilson

rechitski kinzhal wrote: I don't, as a rule, come on this forum either any more and "admin" knows why.
I can see you really stand your ground in situations like this.

See you back soon. ;)
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote: Anyway, can you just clarify - do you still think 90% of our team are "******** useless" ?? :lol:
Dunno if that was aimed at me but last night yes definitely.

Dikamona,Dunne,Labadie only ones who did any good last night.I was harsh on Chambers as although it wasn't his best work he at least gave 100%,the rest of them on last nights showing wouldn't want a tape of it attached to their cv.

I think you got the %age wrong.On last nights showing a mere 78.5% were close to or actually useless. :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Daggyjack wrote:
bearaab wrote:Do you actually think if we get relegated the club will fold?
Also, we don't need to just sign journeyman. The thing the originally drew me to the club was that they signed young players from lower leagues and gave them a chance. Rarely play our most exciting prospect nowadays...
100% spot on.
There was a good programme on the radio the other night around Jamie Vardy asking if there are other players in non-league who can make the step up.
That was what we were all about in years gone by, even when we were non-league, signing players two or three levels below the Conference to play for the Daggers. The majority were young and hungry to succeed, players like Benno, Scott Griffiths, Craig M-S, the list goes on. It was great to watch and we did continue this until recently with players like Danny Green, Vincelot and Dwight Gayle.
Now, we sign players not wanted by other league clubs, who are coming to the end of their careers and are happy to pick up a pay cheque (JC excepted).
I would much rather go back to signing non-league players, who fight for the club and who will then move on to further their careers.
We will be back in non-league next season, no doubt and will not get back out of the Conference as there are many clubs even in the Conference that have far bigger budget and capabilities to gain promotion. Even if this is the case, it won't be as bad as watching this clueless manager and gutless team.
There must be so many players desperate to get a chance at a league team and we're playing Nosworthy and Hoyte...

I'm all for having a bit of experience in the team but the players we have now don't live up to the work rate and desire shown by the likes of Gain and Arber when they were our experienced players.