Instead.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So I believe Wayne will keep us up.Whether that is enough to appease you lot I don't know but as ive said before until the club get a few quid and raise their aspirations and support their manager to finish higher than 23rd in this league I firmly don't think any replacement or even the Burnett-meister himself will do much more than bounce around the bottom year after year.

So having made my case could we please have a sensible conversation about just who you think WB's likely replacement would be and why they'd be any better.

I'd keep Wayne.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

ARNU wrote:So I believe Wayne will keep us up.Whether that is enough to appease you lot I don't know but as ive said before until the club get a few quid and raise their aspirations and support their manager to finish higher than 23rd in this league I firmly don't think any replacement or even the Burnett-meister himself will do much more than bounce around the bottom year after year.

So having made my case could we please have a sensible conversation about just who you think WB's likely replacement would be and why they'd be any better.

I'd keep Wayne.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1479&p=19397#p19397

*THUMBS UP*
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:
ARNU wrote:So I believe Wayne will keep us up.Whether that is enough to appease you lot I don't know but as ive said before until the club get a few quid and raise their aspirations and support their manager to finish higher than 23rd in this league I firmly don't think any replacement or even the Burnett-meister himself will do much more than bounce around the bottom year after year.

I'd keep Wayne.

*THUMBS UP*
Whilst I accept that he has probably outstayed his welcome,I do believe he'll keep us up.Always have.Given that no serious replacement has been mentioned and that I think the problems we have go far deeper than the management whoever it is I still see no real point in replacing him.That game mentioned was the worst Id ever seen and like Wayne,i should stay away from my keyboard straight after such things.

You lot really want him gone ...so who do you want ?
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:

I'd keep Wayne.

*THUMBS UP*
Whilst I accept that he has probably outstayed his welcome,I do believe he'll keep us up.Always have.Given that no serious replacement has been mentioned and that I think the problems we have go far deeper than the management whoever it is I still see no real point in replacing him.That game mentioned was the worst Id ever seen and like Wayne,i should stay away from my keyboard straight after such things.

You lot really want him gone ...so who do you want ?
I'll say it again then.....

Why do we need to name a credible alternative in order to make a change?

If there is a vacancy, people will apply, for it. You then select the best one that wants the job and fits the criteria of what the club can afford etc.

In the unlikely scenario that no-one applies that fits the criteria, then you promote from within, one of the existing assistants or youth team coaches.

Either way you are seen to be doing something. The fans will get behind the new man and the atmosphere around the place will improve and we at least have a shot at survival. It might not last, but not doing something has an inevitability about it at the moment.
OBD

Chris Powell has made his money as a player and seems hungry to succeed, it's a chance to restore his reputation again as a manager and move back to London, seems like a genuinely nice bloke and has achieved in the game. Ticks all the boxes for me.
@OfficialBigDave
ARNU

OBD wrote:Chris Powell has made his money as a player and seems hungry to succeed, it's a chance to restore his reputation again as a manager and move back to London, seems like a genuinely nice bloke and has achieved in the game. Ticks all the boxes for me.
Good call actually.Not sure he couldn't earn a lot more for 2 hrs of TV punditry than we can pay him though.
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:

I'd keep Wayne.

*THUMBS UP*
I was also going to bump this before seeing you'd done so.

Arnu: A) Read your own post and just remember how bad that oxford game was. A discrage in fact. Something that is happening so frequently its ridiculous. Even you realised then that its just time to go. We all wished he would succeed but sadly no. It hasn't.

B) As Mike says, sack first, let people apply, select candidate, appoint manager. We shouldn't need to have somebody specific lined up. Many many many decent managers are out there that would be willing to join us - a league 2 club with stable finaces (even if low) - so not gonna go bust like bolton - and a forgiving board behind them. Oh and of course the small matter of being paid as a pro footy manager on a wage.
dagger4eva

Romford Dagger - bang in with your point A)

I remember his interview after Barnet where he said it was the 1st game of the season he saw an unacceptable performance. Personally, id of said the 1st was v Orient.

But anyway, since then we've had other "unacceptable" performances at Accrington, Oxford (JPT), now Morecambe away (league)
Lets be honest, bar it not for a total fluke goal and some goalkeeping herorics from our no.1 or no.2 GK (depending what mood dear old wayne is in) then we probably have been viewing that game as unacceptable too.

They are stacking up thats for sure.
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Romford Dagger - bang in with your point A)

I remember his interview after Barnet where he said it was the 1st game of the season he saw an unacceptable performance. Personally, id of said the 1st was v Orient.

But anyway, since then we've had other "unacceptable" performances at Accrington, Oxford (JPT), now Morecambe away (league)
Lets be honest, bar it not for a total fluke goal and some goalkeeping herorics from our no.1 or no.2 GK (depending what mood dear old wayne is in) then we probably have been viewing that game as unacceptable too.

They are stacking up thats for sure.

We are extremely fortunate that two other sides have had many 'unacceptable performances' as well as on most seasons we would surely be bottom two and in the shit (more so than atm)
ARNU

I wanted a thread about Burnetts possible replacement,instead its just turned into all the other ones running at the moment.

Thanks OBD for being the only one with an attempt at answering the question put.

So far we got:
KeeP Wayne-1
Chris powell-1
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:I wanted a thread about Burnetts possible replacement,instead its just turned into all the other ones running at the moment.

Thanks OBD for being the only one with an attempt at answering the question put.

So far we got:
KeeP Wayne-1
Chris powell-1
There is no debate needed until there is a vacancy so the third line you missed off is:

Create a vacancy-3
dagger4eva

No sorry Arnu, you are correct - there isn't a single manager out there who could possibly do an equal or better job than Wayne 13 points from 60 Burnett.

I take it all back.

You are right.

Wayne In.

All hail Burnett.
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:No sorry Arnu, you are correct - there isn't a single manager out there who could possibly do an equal or better job than Wayne 13 points from 60 Burnett.

I take it all back.

You are right.

Wayne In.

All hail Burnett.
Just name one...cant be that hard.

Chris Powell...yeah why not.

He only has to keep us up.Only relegation is failure.

If Chris powell or whoever comes in and finishes 22nd next season Id say the same,you'd be moaning though.
dagger4eva

ARNU wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:No sorry Arnu, you are correct - there isn't a single manager out there who could possibly do an equal or better job than Wayne 13 points from 60 Burnett.

I take it all back.

You are right.

Wayne In.

All hail Burnett.
Donald Duck
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:
ARNU wrote:

I take it all back.

You are right.

Wayne In.

All hail Burnett.
Donald Duck
And there you have it.......a name at last....a stupid one but at least a name.Your confidence in an animated duck who has never been a football manager has to be questioned though.Although this does highlight your dissatisfaction at WB I doubt whether Disney would give us the copyright.No...Chris powell far more believable.