Press coverage

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Grabbed a Metro this morning and not a word on last night other than in the results column. Are we still a London club?

The Telegraph report caught my eye though http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Hawks.html.

"It was hard to shake the feeling that Dagenham’s victory sucked the last remaining hint of romance from the competition." seems a bit harsh. It is not that long ago that us making the 3rd round would have had The Sun writing full pages picture features on Jason Broom's injury list.

Ah well. Get a result at Goodison and they will be all over us like a cheap suit again.

I did like "The home manager Steve King, dressed for the occasion in full Swiss Toni car salesman tones of grey." though.
DI Mike Dashwood

The Times had a nearly full page report Mike, with picture, headline, team lines up, etc etc.

They also did seem to paint the picture of some ultra professional, quality Team just about getting through against some Team just above park level, rather than stating that the two teams could be in the same league next Year anyway!!!!
Kevin

Plenty on the morning Telly on both BBC & ITV..showed the last two goals n all that.
Don Beech 3

Mike the Dagger wrote:"It was hard to shake the feeling that Dagenham’s victory sucked the last remaining hint of romance from the competition." seems a bit harsh.
Very harsh, would say that neither of the TV companies picking up Eastelighs game for coverage has got rid of the romance more than Dagenham actually winning last night.
Mike the Dagger

Interesting they have Boucaud down as an unused sub. I guess the reporter left early to get the bus back to the Marina with the lobsters. Either that or wishful thinking.
Crushed Dreams

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Interesting they have Boucaud down as an unused sub. I guess the reporter left early to get the bus back to the Marina with the lobsters. Either that or wishful thinking.
In the results column they just had L for latest score with the scorers up to 90 minutes.

I guess they have an early print deadline and held it just for final bit of text for the match report.