Ashley Chambers.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Good for him,last 2 games he's found his confidence,I knew he had it in him.Pleased for the man.

I think we should sing the Baz Savage song for him in future...

Theres only one Ashley Chambers,
One Ashley Chambers,
He used to be shite,
But now he's alright,
Walking in a Chambers Wonderland !!!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

I agree with you there Arnu. It just shows though that alot of what goes on the pitch is down to the manager. Still has managed to get these players playing with confidence. I'm also very pleased for the lad "Raymond" who should have been playing regularly long before Still's influence.
DI Mike Dashwood

Two points here. Chambers has generally been very average for most of his time with us. His final ball and his decision making has been poor in most games. However, as some of us have tried to argue, this doesn't mean a lack of effort. I see him track back every week when he plays, and I also see him wanting/trying to get on the ball more than most people even when he is not playing well and getting stick. Someone not playing well or not being very good does not necessarily mean a lack of effort!!!

And secondly, are we now saying that Wayne's transfer dealings were not the issue, but his failure to motivate and organise those who came in?? It appears the vibe now appears to be the players are ok but were not motivated or being used well enough, rather than just not being very good (like Chambers for instance)??
Adrian

Chambers may track back, but he doesn't tend to do much when he does track back.

On your second point, I think it's a combination.
The players Burnett signed are capable players but he signed a bunch of individuals and wasn't able to get them playing as a team. Signing players that don't work as a team are bad signings.
There are some poor players hes signed though.
Diggerthedog

Chambers is very effective when used correctly look at Mansfield home and the last two games, played in the right position.
ARNU

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:And secondly, are we now saying that Wayne's transfer dealings were not the issue, but his failure to motivate and organise those who came in?? It appears the vibe now appears to be the players are ok but were not motivated or being used well enough, rather than just not being very good (like Chambers for instance)??
I seen chambers play well for us before.I am also aware that players usually get their finger out for a new bloke,its a chance to shine afterall.I think Wayne lost the dressing room a while back to be honest.The players too scared to stand upto him in case they got dropped.Who didn't he drop at one time or other ??

Good players poorly managed I reckon.Id like to see Ferdinand and McClure play under Stilly as I think at the moment there a pair of wasters.I also think Boucard is a good player who has had every ounce of confidence sapped from him and maybe we should see whether he steps up to the plate now too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Fair play to him for scoring a couple of goals but where is all this praise for tracking back coming from when he literally NEVER does it!?