Torquay

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:Yeah 1-1 I reckon Daryl, Medy penalty.. Wouldn't be a bad result, key not to let this season just go. Think you get more money for each position higher?
Half right, good win daggerssssss
Lcbdagger

Oh well, a win is a win I guess... Never getting the first 45 minutes of that game back on my life! It's almost like we expected a team fighting for their lives to come out slowly. Good three points that certainly takes Torquay down but a first half like that on Monday and we will get battered
ARNU

At least the boy wont have a miserable coach trip home.No way did I think we'd win that one.Torquay must be shit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:At least the boy wont have a miserable coach trip home.No way did I think we'd win that one.Torquay must be shit.
Plenty to ponder on Arnu mind. All they needed was a Striker and we would not have sniffed them.

Looks like Norris is out Monday helped off at the end leaving us with Azeez and Dickson which is a bit like asking what would you prefer the Flu or shingles.

Then again with his two one on one misses in the last few minutes Dickson might as well stay at home and put those shelves up he has been promising his Mrs , Shocking absolute shocking.
NickMurphy

We were pretty bloody awful in all fairness. Our saving grace was that Torquay were woeful in front of goal, if they had a decent forward they'd have won that game comfortably. But they don't, and that's why they're down there at the end of the day.

Bar the offside goal in the first half, it took us until about 60 minutes to register our first shot, which despite the fact we had little to play for, was a bit of a joke. The penalty was totally deserved and well dispatched as always by Medy (does he have a 100% record), and after that we didn't really look back. How Dickson managed to miss the best one-on-one of the season I don't know either; if we don't get rid of him in the summer I won't be happy! Sure he's a nice bloke, but he doesn't score nearly enough goals.

Overall a pretty rubbish performance, but a great day out in Torquay and a more than welcome three points!
Lcbdagger

Interesting decisions ahead with players like Dickson... while WB has brought in a few decent players thus far he has largely only had to replace guys here from the previous regime... I do hope he bites the proverbial bullet with players like Dickson. Works hard when he plays, but much like Azeez he doesn't score enough goals over a season to justify a spot.

If we even likely to get ten a season he could be a decent sub/ support player but if you only expect a maximum or 3 to 5 goals from him we might as well promote an 18 year old Academy player and stick him on the bench next season at a low cost
Chigwellian

I've said it before and I will say it again.... We are lucky to still be in the league this year.
Another poor performance and a lucky 3 points IMO.

If you count the lucky points we have won.... Rochdale away, morecambe away, oxford home, scunthorpe home..... And the dire performances over the past 10 matches, coupled with Mansfield and York away, and Pompey home and away.... Jeez.

Is it the players, or the coaching staff confusing the players.

You get WB slating the players after a fairly good performance against Wycombe, and then you see him losing his cool at the ref away at Newport, and also at home (can't remember who it was against).... This guy needs anger management.

We need to sort this shambles out before next season or we will be in deep doo doo
InTheKnow

Chigwellian wrote:I've said it before and I will say it again.... We are lucky to still be in the league this year.
Another poor performance and a lucky 3 points IMO.

If you count the lucky points we have won.... Rochdale away, morecambe away, oxford home, scunthorpe home..... And the dire performances over the past 10 matches, coupled with Mansfield and York away, and Pompey home and away.... Jeez.

Is it the players, or the coaching staff confusing the players.

You get WB slating the players after a fairly good performance against Wycombe, and then you see him losing his cool at the ref away at Newport, and also at home (can't remember who it was against).... This guy needs anger management.

We need to sort this shambles out before next season or we will be in deep doo doo
The last ten games have been without our two more expensive players in Murphy and Hines and you forget games like Exeter away and Morecambe at home where we've been unlucky not to win due to late goals.

In the league you finish where you deserve to finish and we'll finish around tenth.
FullMetalDagger

I Agree, if we hadn't had to deal with the injuries i think we would have been challenging for the play offs. I personally am looking forward to next season.
Chigwellian

Maybe you guys are right, maybe you are wrong..... I don't know, but one thing is for sure, we need to 'up' our game next season, otherwise it may just bite us on the bum
Lcbdagger

Interesting the 'anger management' issue comes up... haven't noticed it myself in the cheap seats but a couple of people behind our dugout have mentioned on a few occasions (most recently Morecambe and Portsmouth) that the manager has not only lost the plot a couple of times but turned on our fans whilst doing so. Not great if so.
IanC

I dont care if he turns on some of them,least that shows a bit of passion.And i do too,some of the crap our fans come out with is beyond belief at times,especially in the sieve where we stand.Pretty obvious a lot of em a bit clueless about the game,and lets be honest our support at home this year has been woeful.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Lcbdagger wrote:Interesting the 'anger management' issue comes up... haven't noticed it myself in the cheap seats but a couple of people behind our dugout have mentioned on a few occasions (most recently Morecambe and Portsmouth) that the manager has not only lost the plot a couple of times but turned on our fans whilst doing so. Not great if so.
He does seem to have issues. Sent to the stands twice this season and both other nothing. It doesn't really send a good message to the players about what is acceptable.

Having a go at paying customers is completely unacceptable. If he isn't able to deal with the stick he is going to get properly then he isn't going to last long as a football manager.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Why do i get the impression some of our so called fans want the Manager to fail.

I am the most critical when i think we have not performed but perhaps having proved what they are capable of during what has been a very good season the last three games have been very very disappointing.

It is plainly obvious to me we have a good team but no depth and once again yesterday we looked like the legs have gone in vital areas for example Norris is either knackered , carrying an injury or is just not interested .Now i
have seen enough of this Lad to know the later is not the case. We finished an excellent March with a real big effort at Bury a hard fought draw and a forunate win. These were supreme efforts when the season and a long long month with many miles on the Coach having taken their toll.

Bar the last minute cock ups with Exeter and Morecambe we would be bang in the mix for a play off place. Somebody has commented on Medy penalty record well there was another mistake swapping the penalty taker at Chesterfield perhaps.

There is 6 points that we have surrendered making our season even better.

So despite my frustrations the Manager has done a fantastic job who is still digging out results despite a depleted squad. Now having been to every game this year i only recall him being sent to the Stand at Newport
and he had every right just as John Still did at Gillingham last season.

The bloke is passionate and I want that and as already proved to those who want him to fall flat on his face that he has what it takes.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Why do I get the impression that some really don't like the manager being criticised? I think some are so desperate to make him out to be better than he is that they ignore an awful lot.

He was sent to the stands in a home game this season. I can't remember which one but it happened after we weren't given a free kick.
I've said it before and ill say it now - Getting sent off over the amount of added time is utterly stupid. It isn't passionate, it's moronic.

I remember you being someone who was unhappy about Still having a go at supporters. There are suggestions that Burnett has also done that. Surely that's as unacceptable as Still doing it?