Streaming

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerman

All down to Johnson, missed a f#<kin sitter then a needless handball for the penalty.
EssexDagger!

Can’t enjoy a game of football like this, total waste of time and money, I can barely make out who’s who on the pitch!

Think I will stick to reading the clubs twitter commentary from now on.

Let fans back in ASAP and let us have our football season back!
Daggerman

Play offs... :lol:
bloke down the pub

I dont see how you can charge for that. Refund required.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:12 pm I'd have to say I'll be asking for a refund if they can't fix this within the next couple of games. The position of the camera is terrible. It loses the ball in the air, but even worse it loses the ball when it's near the Barnet box even though it has a line of sight!
Same, it is shit.
daggersjeff

I'm glad I didn't buy the full season!!!

Shit on the pitch, shit off it!
Daggerfan

I didn’t see the match. I couldn’t get access the voucher code they sent me was invalid. I emailed Charlie in the ticket office and he replied saying that he can’t give any technical support and that I needed to contact the streaming service via the contact page. I did this but have not yet received a reply, so I missed the match. I feel cheated.
Diggerthedog

You got lucky!
Alan

Swift response from Thommo - Letter to season ticket holders apologising and explaining that they are looking at alternatives.
RayleighDagger1986

https://youtu.be/4vehDZYXnzg

Check the link.

Its highlights of a streamed Scottish game between East Fife and Cowdenbeath. The service is 1000 times better than what we had last night and they do zoom in as well.
This is the kind of service i expect us to be paying for!
DevonDagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:52 pm https://youtu.be/4vehDZYXnzg

Check the link.

Its highlights of a streamed Scottish game between East Fife and Cowdenbeath. The service is 1000 times better than what we had last night and they do zoom in as well.
It's not really fair to compare a pre-recorded highlights package where you just giving a bloke a camera and a tripod. This is very easily done hence why we had good highlights videos all of last season.

Streaming is a different kettle of fish and relies on a number of things all working properly at the same time.

Clearly, that is not the case right now and what we've got is not good enough. As much as I was disappointed with the stream too, from what I've been reading on here and social media, I think the club are doing all they can to address the matter and will get it right. Personally I'm not knowledgable enough on the subject to know how that will be achieved though.
Daggerman

If we had won yesterday this issue wouldn’t have had such a bad reaction, yes it was pi55 poor but let’s not let the streaming issue cloud the real problem which was Yet another awful performance from the Daggers AND the referee
ThatRoundThing

Thanks to one of our fans on Twitter who also uses this forum I am now watching the Notts C game on BT Sport on my Phone Free Of Charge. Which I have now connected to the TV through Chromecast.

If you are on EE phone network.. Text 150 SPORT and get a 3 month BT Sport FREE Trial via the BT Sport App. This will cover Saturday v Wealdstone then Boxing Day, after whIch I will cancel.

Many thanks, you know who you are.
RayleighDagger1986

DevonDagger wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:13 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:52 pm https://youtu.be/4vehDZYXnzg

Check the link.

It's not really fair to compare a pre-recorded highlights package where you just giving a bloke a camera and a tripod. This is very easily done hence why we had good highlights videos all of last season.

Streaming is a different kettle of fish and relies on a number of things all working properly at the same time.

Clearly, that is not the case right now and what we've got is not good enough. As much as I was disappointed with the stream too, from what I've been reading on here and social media, I think the club are doing all they can to address the matter and will get it right. Personally I'm not knowledgable enough on the subject to know how that will be achieved though.
The version I uploaded was highlights to the game but this game was also streamed live and what you saw was the service provided. So imo this is a fair comparison.
hockley dagger

ARNU wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:14 pm Also, I think football crowds are banned purely because the game encourages groups to gather on buses trains in pubs and takeaways which are all inside activities.
Arnu - having read the government guidance on elite sport that's the conclusion I've reached. It's about people crowding into public transport, bars and cafes and then going through pinch points into sports grounds. They refer to it as "the last mile".It begs the question how National League football could really be regarded as elite sport. Mrs Hockley Dagger was told to shield in the Spring because of her medical history so I've been and am really careful. I said to her driving to Victoria Road (assuming the council's new parking restrictions haven't stuffed that), going straight in (no pubs or cafes or the club, which according to this afternoon's BBC news site are the settings where you are most likely to encounter the virus) and standing in the open air should be pretty low risk. I still think it is but people who go to football do want to congregate with their mates and have a pint. The National League's best bet would be to get the FA to declassify the league as elite.