Maidenhead (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Unchanged line-up from Saturday as we look to register our first goals and points on the road this season.

COYD
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
EssexDagger!

Anybody got the stream? It’s shocking and the commentary would send a glass eye to sleep.
Mark

Video quality isn't amazing but at least it follows the action and has a decent frame rate so it doesn't stutter.

The sound quality is awful though, keeps tearing.
JohnP

That was a hell of a goal!
jag

It sounds like the commentator is gargling with Colgate, can somebody at maidenhead get the sound system sorted please, we are paying good money for this, Oh my God!!! Sam the man has hit a screamer just b4 half time, we deserve this lead JUST.
Diggerthedog

Apart from the goal we offered again very little, stupid mistakes yet again becoming boring now. Our next run of games is a horror show and I expect us to be looking for a new manager come mid November. Someone will absolutely hammer us soon we’re weak and frail.

Where’s all out injured players? How long are they all out for?
Lcbdagger

Never felt it would be any other result at 1-1... Been a few years since I've been this down about games
ThatRoundThing

I’m not confident about our defence dealing with Rhead and Whitley at the Wood on Saturday. I left my Season Ticket money with the club for Home streaming. Away streams, my tenner is staying in my pocket. Luckily decided against paying Maidenhead as well.
DaggerJoel11

We're the most mentally weak and fragile team in this league. We crumble under the slightest sign of pressure and look like we're liable to implode every time we suffer even the slightest of setbacks.

Barnet scored two goals in quick succession against us when we went down to ten men. We face the same scenario against Yeovil and don't come close to finding one goal, let alone two, in half an hour. We just don't look like we've got it in us.

Last night we were in control and still managed to throw it away, against another part-time team.

Our away form is tragic, 3 wins and 14 goals from our last 24 trips on the road. That's got to be amongst the worst in the top five divisions without doubt.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

If you nick that 1-0 then it's a really professional away performance.

I'm not sure what Daryl is saying about us dominating the first half, I felt they had 2 really decent chances from crosses into our box that could have gone in on another day. But it was fairly even and we had much better shape than previous games.

Second half felt we were totally comfortable. They looked out of ideas. And then we concede a really crappy set piece goal, where we suffered for our lack of height but also disorganisation. Some players want to defend with absolutely everything they've got, others will play a bit within themselves and avoid responsibility. We have a few of the latter.

Whatever happens though you cannot then lose the game. Their second goal had at least 3 mistakes, if you are under pressure in the middle of the pitch with your team mates up the pitch, just put the ball in the stand! Then we are caught out by a long ball (again) and then Elliot misjudges it completely. Lack of concentration, lack of good decision making.

I wouldn't say we played "well", and we definitely didn't test their keeper enough which is a recurring theme, but there were small signs of improvement. Doesn't really matter though if you continue to shoot yourselves in the foot and give the points away.
DaggerJoel11

Sam Deering's wonder strike was another false dawn, as Dagenham's ingrained fragility and soft underbelly came to the fore again.

Here's my match report and player ratings from the latest in a long line of frustrating defeats - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -1-daggers