Maybe, give him until the end of the season
2%
No, he is doing a fantastic job
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 41
NBDag

Let’s not forget the draw against Chesterfield was after we had a 2-0 lead when they had a serious injury crisis. After the 90 mins we all felt like it was a poor result.
Diggerthedog

Go on owners sack him I dare you.
Danamite

:lol: :lol: good joke. No bottle in the hole club. Team are shit we like a million miles behind the better teams in this league
redboy

Same shit, different season. Its Groundhog day and I wonder why. Maybe because we still have too many of the old pals act people on the board. Yet another manager who still doesnt know his best formation, let alone team. Loan players coming in again and some going out. It's another mess.

If I was the yanks, Id seriously question what impact my investment is having? The clubhouse looks great, but football is played on the pitch. Until we have people on the board with ambition, knowledge and accountability, I cant see things ever changing.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The Cowleys could be free soon . Make that change as it was possiable
RampantDuke

If I was McMahon I would be putting everything into getting the best team prepared for next Saturday. Winning the FA Trophy would be massive and we have just as good a chance as anyone (look at Hornchurch last year). A big day at Wembley might ignite a bit more enthusiasm for the owners to invest more in the playing staff next season. Lose next Saturday and the pace will be empty for the rest of the season. Zero success in 12 years is getting hard to take.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Pablo

The stark truth is that our results under McMahon have been mediocre at best I'm afraid. Some flattering results at the end of what was an effectively dead season last term and a bit of momentum from that spilling over into this and that is about it. Indeed some performances last season e.g. away to Notts County were among the worst I've seen in two decades. My understanding is that we now have the fifth best budget in the league but I'd be amazed if we finish in the play offs now despite the financial clout we have compared with Boreham Wood, Bromley and Halifax.. Consistent selection is always the key to success but injuries and illness aside he still doesn't seem to know his best side. Sagaf has in my view been our best or certainly most consistent player this season yet is left out of the last few games. Mccallum and Weston get the nod over Saunders and Akinbyi all the time even though their contribution seems equally if not more effective. We all know that we need a physically strong and imposing central defender yet we sign another midfielder..

It's always facile to blame the manager when things don't go to plan in football but it's hard to think that some alternatives wouldn't have done better. I give you Gerrard and Ben Strevens who did a remarkable job all told with no money at Eastleigh as does Alan Devonshire at Maidenhead ,. The Cowleys are probably out of our league now in more ways than one but we can dream.
RM1Dagger

Garrard is also out of our league, apparently he's had offers from football league and the Scottish premiership, and his stock is only rising (especially if they can see out the last 10 minutes of the Bournemouth game).
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mark

Definitely missed the boat with Garrard but there's a reason he's not been poached in his 6 and a half years at Boreham.

Strevs seems to build teams that punch above their weight and are very well versed in the dark arts, but can he spend a decent budget well?

A lot of relatively inexperienced managers have done well in the conference in recent years but it seems a bit pot luck from the outside. How many people knew about Matt Gray, Ian Evatt, Dave Challinor, Peter Wild etc before they came on the scene with almost immediate success?

Not sure who I'd want and I'd probably stick to my opinion of a year ago - it doesn't matter who takes the manager job here, we are going nowhere until something major changes in our mentality as a club.
RM1Dagger

Yep, I agree with that and given that I don't necessarily think anyone would really doing much better than DM at this stage. I mean you see it throughout the football pyramid- managers get sacked left, right and centre but often nothing actually changes.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dag82

Incredible result for Borehamwood, and proof once again, if the league table wasn't enough, that we missed the boat (again), by not going all out for Garrard 2 years ago.

From the BBC online report tonight:
"That performance was incredible. The game plan was oustanding, they dug deep, there was pressure after pressure. Absolutely brilliant from Boreham Wood.
Amazingly, Boreham Wood have still yet to concede a goal in this season's FA Cup. Five games. Shop shut.
You can see why too. Such discipline, organisation and guts."

Basically, everything we don't have.
hockley dagger

RM1Dagger wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:07 pm Yep, I agree with that and given that I don't necessarily think anyone would really doing much better than DM at this stage. I mean you see it throughout the football pyramid- managers get sacked left, right and centre but often nothing actually changes.
Well you know who the board would appoint, but as long as Ron Martin pays Him on time I doubt He would be interested. On the other hand if Trinity were prepared to increase his money......
Auntie Merge

I have just watched us throw away a win against Woking.
1 nil up against 10 men to finish 1-1.

The worst performance of the night came from Daryl. At no point during the game was he doing anything other than swearing and calling our team f*in useless.

In the second half he hid in the dugout and had a swearing fit that lasted around 5 mins.

The rest of the coaching team were also not visible.

Meanwhile, Woking’s bench had staff that praised and encouraged their team and pushed them on.

Sorry Daryl. Time to go. You only had a good spell with us when you were John Still’s puppet. On your own you are useless.
Alan

There is some irony that the man some of our support called a dinosaur seemed better able to get a tune out of the squad than McMahon.

Since Southend appointed Still head of football:

Southend: W9 D4 L 2 = 2.07 ppg

Daggers: W7 D2 L6 = 1.53 ppg
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:55 am There is some irony that the man some of our support called a dinosaur seemed better able to get a tune out of the squad than McMahon.

Since Southend appointed Still head of football:

Southend: W9 D4 L 2 = 2.07 ppg

Daggers: W7 D2 L6 = 1.53 ppg
Still has unsettled several of our players since he left, let’s not blow smoke up his arse please.