Maybe, give him until the end of the season
2%
No, he is doing a fantastic job
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 41
Diggerthedog

Welcome back my old friend, now remind me when does that shiny new contract run out.

2 wins in 11 and that was against two really rubbish teams and we’re back to square one.
Blue Hoops

Where do you start...............

Appalling recruitment. Signing a complete bunch of players that quite obviously other teams do not want, including players with a known history of injuries, ie Walker and Jones and we are now suffering because of this.

Chronic team selection, having to change the team halfway through the game, ie Last Saturday, not playing Weston a prime example, bringing him on at half time and getting the MOM.

Has a somewhat 'bloody mindness' about doing things his own way, when it is quite clear things are not right, ie Needing a commanding centre half, which is obvious to everyone except himself and quite clearly undermining the team in the process.

Not really showing the kind of passion that is needed in the job, ie Being a Dagger ! There is being relaxed and being horizontal....He is definitely the latter !

Overall our owners being based in America (and having a weak underbelly of management based here) have allowed him to go on his own 'flight of fantasy', while thinking they are do the right thing have inadvertently created this problem. Giving a great contract, expensive car etc. has lead to the problem we are now in. A big dose of reality is now required.

Another wasted season looks on the cards, which is a shame with the great backers that we have.
Auntie Merge

A screenshot of where the poll is at this point.
Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 18.02.52.png
stanton101

Personally I think the panic buttons been pressed to early. Yes we've had some poxy results lately, but overall our football has been quite decent to watch. We've been bloody unlucky in a lot of matches this season and apart from one or two poor performances, we've played most teams off the pitch, including Chesterfield. If we had stuck our chances away against Salford, that would have been a cricket score and they're a division higher!
Injuries and suspension's haven't helped, but realistically we're about where we should be. We may well have financial stability, but we are still small fish, compared to some. Most of the teams above us have far bigger budgets and gates to match.
No one really knows what's going on behind the scenes regarding finances etc and yes it's clear we do need some decent signings, but for me personally I honestly believe we have a good manager in charge.
And thank God, John Stills gone, it can't be easy having the old pals act, looking over your shoulder.
Diggerthedog

7 defeats in 10 league games and the same old can’t defend a cross,. Please Sir can I have some more.
RayleighDagger1986

stanton101 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:32 am Personally I think the panic buttons been pressed to early. Yes we've had some poxy results lately, but overall our football has been quite decent to watch. We've been bloody unlucky in a lot of matches this season and apart from one or two poor performances, we've played most teams off the pitch, including Chesterfield. If we had stuck our chances away against Salford, that would have been a cricket score and they're a division higher!
Injuries and suspension's haven't helped, but realistically we're about where we should be. We may well have financial stability, but we are still small fish, compared to some. Most of the teams above us have far bigger budgets and gates to match.
No one really knows what's going on behind the scenes regarding finances etc and yes it's clear we do need some decent signings, but for me personally I honestly believe we have a good manager in charge.
And thank God, John Stills gone, it can't be easy having the old pals act, looking over your shoulder.
But don't forget Boreham Wood, Bromley and Solihull Moors have a similar budget yet the Wood are flying high. Explain that!
stanton101

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 pm
stanton101 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:32 am Personally I think the panic buttons been pressed to early. Yes we've had some poxy results lately, but overall our football has been quite decent to watch. We've been bloody unlucky in a lot of matches this season and apart from one or two poor performances, we've played most teams off the pitch, including Chesterfield. If we had stuck our chances away against Salford, that would have been a cricket score and they're a division higher!
But don't forget Boreham Wood, Bromley and Solihull Moors have a similar budget yet the Wood are flying high. Explain that!
Football always throws out curve balls, you only have to look at Leicester a few years back in winning the premier League. The three teams you mentioned are obviously there on merit and deserve to be where they are, perhaps they've been lucky with injuries, suspension's, it happens. I still think we will finish above all of them come season's end.
Diggerthedog

Seriously deluded if you think we’re finishing above or anywhere near those teams, they all have competent centre backs.

Daryl signed too many players who were injury prone, Walker and Jones have terrible injury records and are now rarely fit, blame lays at his door. 8 defeats in 12 Grimsby to come and then no league game until Boxing Day, by then we could be well out of it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Stick with him . By 2030 the heading if the ball by any player let alone a defender will be outlawed.
We will at least be ahead if the curve . Until then give him the job at under 12 were it already banned , he should do well then.
McLeansvilleAppFan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:06 pm Stick with him . By 2030 the heading if the ball by any player let alone a defender will be outlawed.
We will at least be ahead if the curve . Until then give him the job at under 12 were it already banned , he should do well then.
Are concerns about concussions that much of a concern within the FA and FIFA?
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
BB-Dagger

We went through a bad patch last Oct/Nov but things seem to be picking up although we still need to improve defensively, but congratulations to Daryl for getting manager of the month for December it shows we’re still competing.
daggersjeff

Lets hope the MOM award doesn't bring its usual curse!!
McLeansvilleAppFan

daggersjeff wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:24 pm Lets hope the MOM award doesn't bring its usual curse!!
I was thinking the same thing. This might be an award I would just as soon pass on. And it comes right before a hard stretch.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

The last few games are the complete opposite to the ones coming up, this really is a season defining 3 weeks. Will we be a serious contender for a play off spot and will we still be in the trophy.
Diggerthedog

Last 18 league games:

Won 7 inc Dover x2, Aldershot, Southend, Maidenhead, Grimsby and Weymouth.

Lost: 9 with 5 coming at home

Drawn 2 with one against Chesterfield our only positive result against top sides in this run, they had 10 men.

Scored 25 but failed to score in 6 games

Conceded 23

After a run of decent games at the back end of last season against several teams with nothing to play for and against some poor sides earlier in the season the manager was given a new contract, surprisingly so for fans but not for the board. The above stats show we’re going backwards again but with another two years left on the deal he’s unlikely to be sacked anytime soon. We’ve gone from ultra defensive Taylor to ultra attacking McMahon and yesterday show he hasn’t a clue in how to set up against at top side, what’s Steve Gritt doing in all this surely with his experience he can see what’s wrong? Get rid of them all go and get the Halifax manager.